New DisneyParksBlog on MyMagic+ and FP+

GoofEeyore26 said:
Just a heads up, they WILL be doing away with the current Fast Pass system. An EVP indicated as such on an interview with an Orlando TV station yesterday. The goal is to have everyone opt-in to using the RFID so they can target, mine, and gather information - if they don't "force" this opt-in the projected revenue will fall apart. Don't for a second think Disney is making a 2 billion dollar investment just for guest "experience." It's a business.

The goal is to eventually phase out EMH completely because they are losing money having the parks open those extra hours (hence already cutting Evening EMH). The benefit of staying onsite will be the 60 day window for FP+.

That is what I am worried about. We are going in June and planning to stay in Wyndham Bonnet Creek but I am afraid to make the reservation because I don't know exactly what is going to happen with the Magic Bands and Fastass+. I'm so confused. I don't want to lose the opportunity for fastpass so I'm in a dilemma. When can we expect to know more information? In June will regular fastpass be gone? Struggling to make the commitment to off site. I just wish I knew more!!!!

What's everyone thinking? (I realize this all opinion at this point) Will offsite guests not be able to make fastpass+ reservations 60 out? They have to accommodate offsite guests somehow. (Hopefully!) I can't imagine disney only allowing on site guests to have a fastpass and offsite no option at all. Of coure they could make offsite guests pay for it like universal and in that case it may be worth staying onsite. CONFUSED!!!

I think everyone is really getting caught up in the "3 fastpass thing" which has not been officially announced by Disney.

I can totally see Disney offering more FP per person depending on the time of year. Christmas week? You only get 3 pp. A Tuesday in February? You get 5 pp.

Disney has ALWAYS catered to those with more money who invest in the property. Celebrities, Golden Oak Ranch Owners, Rich people who can afford tours, and every perk has always been slanted towards who has more money and/or more knowledge and just plain luck.

I think people just hate change. Those of us who find ways to squeeze as much out of disney as we can will learn to work this system to our advantage, just like old systems.

As the population grows, and with the expansion of credit in the last 30 years, I'd say a Disney vacation is more possible for most families and parks that used to comfortably hold a high of 30,000 people now regularly hold 40,000 and Disney is going to keep trying to find ways to better satisfy MORE of those people per day so that they continue to spend money while theyre there AND they continue to come back.

If it completely sucks, Its much easier to fine tune an electronic system, than it is to fix an entire park (California Adventure for example) so let Disney try to make the experience better, and possibly fail, only to give us something even better. I'm excited to invest in a really cute wristband with my name on it, and possibly some AP details that reg guests won't get. When we go, we rarely commando the day, so if I cant plan to do Space Mtn next Tuesday, maybe I'll get to it next month. Thats not any different than how we do Disney now...

Im excited...

Do I need to create a MY Disney Experience account for my husband? I do all the trip planning and I have an AP, my hubby will have a 10 day hopper (not yet purchased), and we are staying at Beach Club. Will I be able to book FP+ for everyone on my reservation, or does each adult need their own account linked to the reservation and have their tix/AP pre-registered? I hope they let me do it for the whole room and assume that my hubby will have a valid entry into the park for the day, just like booking ADR's.

This is too complicated. The only thing I don't have a problem with is the wristbands!!

I think people just hate change. Those of us who find ways to squeeze as much out of disney as we can will learn to work this system to our advantage, just like old systems.

If it completely sucks, Its much easier to fine tune an electronic system, than it is to fix an entire park (California Adventure for example) so let Disney try to make the experience better, and possibly fail, only to give us something even better. I'm excited to invest in a really cute wristband with my name on it, and possibly some AP details that reg guests won't get. When we go, we rarely commando the day, so if I cant plan to do Space Mtn next Tuesday, maybe I'll get to it next month. Thats not any different than how we do Disney now...

Im excited...

I agree.

I'm excited too! :thumbsup2

You are correct. It will not suit everyone, nothing does. I think part of the problem is that we still don't actually know how it will be implemented and whether it will look different six months after that. Also, the previous FP system didn't work for me so I'm simply expressing my own opinion that I am excited and looking forward to a new system. My positive opinion is just as valid since no one cared that I didn't like old fastpass with enforcement. I just had to deal with it
I agree with you 100%. I was referring more to the posts about paranoia and never being happy and not liking change and so on. I don't consider myself particularly paranoid and I'm pathetically easy to please. Plus I love change if it's fun and/or logical. I do hope that the new system works well for you. :)

I would still think one could park hop effectively under the proposed FP+ program. There will still be that segment of people that do not want to get up early on vacation and do rope drop. You could make Rope Drop at one park and minimize your time in line and then hop over to another park where you have made your allotment of FP+ reservations. Personally, this would be my daily strategy when/if FP+ meant the eventual demise of the regular FPs. I would park hop MORE not less.
That can be difficult during busy times. Many of the rides can be inundated after only a few hours but this could of course change with people more evenly distributed if that comes to pass.

Yeah, the stupid blog wouldn't post my response. I just love how they are making themselves look good and that people agree with this move. I think the joke will be on Disney.
This is why I haven't bothered to post there. My view is somewhere in the middle so I imagine that they won't want to hear it.

I am being way to optimistic, or perhaps I am niave, but in reading the NYT aticle I gathered that the old system with paper based tickets would still be in place. Maybe the ticket media changes from paper to a wristband, but the idea that you show up one day buy a ticket and walk in the park, then there will still be FP's available to you in the same manner they are available today. If so then I could very easily believe that as a wristband user who has preplanned you 3 FP's that you would still be able to acquire more during the day, they would just have to fit into the schedule of you pre acquired ones. ie you preplan FP's for three rides first thing in the morning (although why I don't know because they are more valuble later in the day, but hey it's just an example) as soon as the ride time for you last FP is reached, let's say 11:00 am, then you become effectively the same as everyone else who bought a ticket that day and are eligible under the same rules as today to get a FP. On the other hand if you schedule you 3 preplanned ones to sart at say 6:00 pm then the ride time for your last FP gotten the old way have to be prior to 6:00pm. So all you are getting in the new system is a way to preplan three rides a day and then do the rest of the day the same way you do it today.

I will not get caught up in bashing the new system till we see it in all it's glory. The article says the implementation of the system is costing a lot and the only way the Board approved it was because they justified it would increase revenues via increased attendence and increased guest spending. The real kicker is that you are now wearing on you wrist you park admission, room key and credit card. Loss of such will prompt immediate action to stop the finder from using it. Lost kids are easier to find because all a CM has to do is scan the band and it will identify their location and name. Parents looking for kids will get immediate feedback on the childs location.

Regardless good bad or indifferent, it is coming.

I haven't been through all the replies yet so maybe someone beat me to it, but you can't use the FastPass+ system and the regular FastPass system. It's one or the other (for as long as the old system is still around). For the +, you will get whatever ones you reserve for your wristband and that's it. You can't also go and collect more regular, paper fast passes while you're in the park. You'll have to ride standby for any rides you didn't pre-plan for FastPass. There are also a lot of limitations as to which rides you can choose because of the way they group them. Each day's FastPasses have to be all for the same park too.

The thing is, if you don't like it, don't use it. :confused3

So really the choice is up to the guest.

I haven't been through all the replies yet so maybe someone beat me to it, but you can't use the FastPass+ system and the regular FastPass system. It's one or the other (for as long as the old system is still around). For the +, you will get whatever ones you reserve for your wristband and that's it. You can't also go and collect more regular, paper fast passes while you're in the park. You'll have to ride standby for any rides you didn't pre-plan for FastPass. There are also a lot of limitations as to which rides you can choose because of the way they group them. Each day's FastPasses have to be all for the same park too.

Where did you get this information? From all the reading I've done the 3 FastPass+ limitation refers to scheduled fastpasses. If it says somewhere that it's 3 FP's period please provide a link. Obviously this is the direction Disney is taking FP's in the future for everyone. I just find it hard to believe that limiting FP's will improve lines and waiting times. I also don't see this as beneficial for selling of park hoppers since you have to pick your 3 FP's in one park.

It's not as easy as that. The old FP and standby system is not static. Every move they make with the new system affects those other systems. The mere presence of the FP+ system did a number on the standby wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle on our December trip, which was during the last FP+ test. It made a very slow moving line even slower. With every body they prioritize over me, the standby line moves even slower. Likewise, with every FP slot they take out of the old FP system, it will be harder to get one same day in the parks, even if that system still exists.

And I'm pretty doubtful that the traditional FP system will be here indefinitely.

It's not as easy as that. They old FP and standby system is not static. Every move they make with the new system affects those other systems. The mere presence of the FP+ system did a number on the standby wait for Enchanted Tales with Bell on our December trip, which was during the last FP+ test. It made a very slow moving line even slower. With every body they prioritize over me, the standby line moves even slower. Likewise, with every FP slot they take out of the old FP system, it will be harder to get one same day in the parks, even if that system still exists.

And I'm pretty doubtful that the traditional FP system will be here indefinitely.

I did not say the implementation of it would not change things, I said the choice to use it or not, is up to the guest.

It is what it is and the guest has to decide whether to participate or not.

Nope. They did not publish my comment after moderation. I didn't use any bad words - I promise. :goodvibes They did publish some comments of detractors, however. I will give them that.

Yes, we do have a choice to participate or not. We have a choice whether we want to spend more money to enjoy less of what we like to do or not - I think unless they find a way to make the standby lines shorter without trying to trick us with interactive queues and shiny bracelets, they will find that the repeat guests will be less and less. Less AP renewals - less sales of DVC, etc.

Nope. They did not publish my comment after moderation. I didn't use any bad words - I promise. :goodvibes They did publish some comments of detractors, however. I will give them that.

Yes, we do have a choice to participate or not. We have a choice whether we want to spend more money to enjoy less of what we like to do or not - I think unless they find a way to make the standby lines shorter without trying to trick us with interactive queues and shiny bracelets, they will find that the repeat guests will be less and less. Less AP renewals - less sales of DVC, etc.

Even if Mr. Potato Head starts telling jokes in the TSMM ride queue and using your name in the jokes? :)

doggydoc said:
Where did you get this information? From all the reading I've done the 3 FastPass+ limitation refers to scheduled fastpasses. If it says somewhere that it's 3 FP's period please provide a link. Obviously this is the direction Disney is taking FP's in the future for everyone. I just find it hard to believe that limiting FP's will improve lines and waiting times. I also don't see this as beneficial for selling of park hoppers since you have to pick your 3 FP's in one park.

Read it here,
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

Once you sign up for Fastpass+ you are limited to one park per day using the Fastpass+ system and will not be able to use the regular FastPass system at that park or any other park you hoop to. However It doesn't specifically says 3 passes per experience.

~I think you are being snarky & I don't appreciate the tone of your post, in spite of the emoticons. The posts I quoted above *are* sound & reasonable. Who are you to suggest, otherwise? I don't have to "agree" with a post to consider it sound -- that's a very immature and rude thing to say, but typical. I have every right to like and appreciate what I wan't on these boards without ridicule. It's funny how I don't care about what anyone else thinks -- people are entitled to their own opinion. I would appreciate it, going forward if you & your "buddy(s)" focus your negativity elsewhere! Thanks so much! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

You can think what you want, but my history on here tends to be pretty caring, kind, open to people's opinions, etc. I was actually including all of us on here with my comment - don't we all think people are "sound" when we agree with them? Its okay with me if you think it was immature and rude, but rude was not what I meant. I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say my buddys though :confused3. And I wasn't being negative when I wrote it, but again, I can't change what you think or believe. One more thing - I don't tend to lie. If I say I'm not being snarky, I'm not. Take it for what its worth. Oh yeah, one more thing - I was actually enjoying reading your opinions all along and I wasn't being negative when I was reading them either.

I don't think everyone sees it as spending more to enjoy less. We are DVC, and annual pass holders and go at least twice a year for week long or longer trips. This will not change that.

I don't even remember the last time I even got a Fastpass and now possibly due to being able to book it in advance I probably will.

As to whether it will be successful, time will be the deciding factor on that.

Meh, I'm going to hold off until people actually start using it before passing judgement. Right now, my biggest concern is the tan line that I'll get on my wrist.

I'm so glad its not just me concerned by that!
I really want to know whether it is 3 per day or 3 full stop? It doesnt make sense to me that someone with a 3 day ticket and someone with a 10 day ticket get the same....

I have seen alot of negative comments being amde about Disney tracking people-I think generally its a good thing. If Disney can see how people are moving, where they are waiting the longest, what is the most popular they can better manage the crowds and staff to suit.

I don't think everyone sees it as spending more to enjoy less. We are DVC, and annual pass holders and go at least twice a year for week long or longer trips. This will not change that.

I don't even remember the last time I even got a Fastpass and now possibly due to being able to book it in advance I probably will.

As to whether it will be successful, time will be the deciding factor on that.

And there's the difference. We are DVC too - but since we've been living on the West Coast, we go less often. It was about every 2 years, but we've been saving our points and money and have just moved. So with grown children, we are about to take the trip I've been dreaming of for several years. We don't have the luxury to just stroll around and hope there is something we want to do - it is hard to get everyone together at once, not to mention the cost. For many families this is something they only do once or twice while raising their children - we've only done it once with our boys - 16 years ago, with college and work schedules, etc. So it is important to us that we experience as much as possible while we are there. We knew how to get to the park early, pull FP for everything - we did not usually ride anything more than once, but we got to do all of the big rides without standing around in the heat all day. We do have an emotional attachment to Disney, and want to share it with our kids and grandkids.
Again - with all of their advertising about making "Magical memories for familes" etc. - all they really want is more money - if this plan makes more money, it will succeed. If not, they'll try something else.

The eventual choice will be use FP+ or wait in a standby line. :sad2: Nice choice. I suppose another choice is to go some place else where you don't have to wait in a standby line all day. Say like onsite at Universal. :rolleyes:

doggydoc said:

FastPass+ terms and conditions are listed in the new app " my Disney experience" which I downloaded yesterday.
The previous poster is correct. Unfortunately only 3FP+ per day & limited to 1 park per day.
The terms & conditions also stipulated that accessing the new FP+ , you will not be able to also access the existing FP.
Paper tickets will also be able to be upgraded to the new Magic-band RFID technology which stores details such as resort key, ADR'S, FP+ selections, dining plan, credit card details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter