New DisneyParksBlog on MyMagic+ and FP+

mousermerf said:
Cant be done until you have the tickets in hand. Tickets have barcodes and identifiers you can type in online like APs do.

So if you buy tickets from UT and get them early can you enter them? I have an AP but my mom is coming with us and she ordered from UT. She is staying with us at BWV.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So if you buy tickets from UT and get them early can you enter them? I have an AP but my mom is coming with us and she ordered from UT. She is staying with us at BWV.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

In theory once everything is working. Resort guests are going to get the system rolled out first - whether that means package guests only at first or not is unknown.

I personally think this could be awesome! I dislike change as much as the next person but sometimes change is good and necessary. If its a bad thing we will soon find out. Until then people need to keep an open mind. It could be great.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the wristbands Mousemerf! It is good to know that they fasten like watches. They actually are kind of cute. While I still don't like this whole plan your ride time out before your day begins or else stand in standby lines, at least I know that the wristbands won't be locked on our wrists. I know ours will be in my purse instead of on our wrists. DH will be annoyed because he likes to keep his KTTW card in his wallet, but I know he won't want to wear the wristband all day, especially if it is hot outside. DD (6) has hated wristbands since she was a baby and she has extremely sensitive skin that can get irritated and rashy really quickly with things like that on, so I doubt that hers will ever even go on her wrist. I would actually be okay with this system if regular Fast Pass was available too. If they are removing regular fast pass, then I think this is a disaster. It will be back to the way it was before Fast Pass when you couldn't avoid standing in long lines during a park day.

I love Disney World!

Wrist bands cannot make me stop going! To me it will be the most magical place on Earth until the day I die!

FP+ is going to be awesome!!!!

I hope I can get my wristband in PINK!!

:yay:

My question is what happens to those of us with AP's who make frequent trips? Since I go often, I tend to plan less. I can't plan my trip six months in advance because I may not even know I'm heading down to Disney until one month prior. Or I may wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll plan a trip to Disney next weekend." We go often....of course I'm not going to plan like someone taking a once in a lifetime trip (or even those who go once every few years). So where does that leave us? Waiting in a standby line every time because I couldn't make my fastpass reservation six months in advance? I don't want to plan my days like that! Seems way too rigid.

My question is what happens to those of us with AP's who make frequent trips? Since I go often, I tend to plan less. I can't plan my trip six months in advance because I may not even know I'm heading down to Disney until one month prior. Or I may wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll plan a trip to Disney next weekend." We go often....of course I'm not going to plan like someone taking a once in a lifetime trip (or even those who go once every few years). So where does that leave us? Waiting in a standby line every time because I couldn't make my fastpass reservation six months in advance? I don't want to plan my days like that! Seems way too rigid.

a) it's 60 days.

b) you get what's left at the time you decide to go. Same as dining.

I purchased the DVC discounted PAP that I plan on activating for our 2+ week trip in August. I have the voucher cards (I'm not sure what to call them) that I received in the mail. We'll be staying at an off-site TS for the first two weeks, and using DVC point for the last 6 days.

Am I understanding that I will not be able to take advantage of FP+ then until I activate the PAP? Won't that make it likely that any of the major rides will be booked by that time?

Or can I still keep everything separate and use the old FP system?

And how will it work when I am staying on-site w/ my AP? Will they just scan my bracelet at check-in to add the room key?

I purchased the DVC discounted PAP that I plan on activating for our 2+ week trip in August. I have the voucher cards (I'm not sure what to call them) that I received in the mail. We'll be staying at an off-site TS for the first two weeks, and using DVC point for the last 6 days.

Am I understanding that I will not be able to take advantage of FP+ then until I activate the PAP? Won't that make it likely that any of the major rides will be booked by that time?

Or can I still keep everything separate and use the old FP system?

And how will it work when I am staying on-site w/ my AP? Will they just scan my bracelet at check-in to add the room key?

No, you have a voucher. A voucher works like a real AP as far as the website is concerned. Go register and link it your account today - that's already possible.

There's a reason AP's are one of the first to be rolled into the benefit..

They're all already (for the most part) registered as ticket holders with Disney with some of their demographics filled in.

What about those people who book through a travel agent. I know when I book with AAA I can not see my reservations online. So even if I buy a package am I out of luck for everything

In the "How 'for serious' is Disney?" news...

DVC reservations center CMs had hands on training with the MagicBands today. As in, the bands were there and fondled lots by the CMs.

We frequent a Great Wolf Lodge near our home and they have a similar wristband system. We've been going since my son was 2 and have never had a problem. Haven't heard any complaints from others either. It's really nice to have your money, your key, and your admission bundled to a wristband. Very convenient.

If they could bundle your pass into your wristband at check-in and include the discount automatically when applicable - wouldn't that be great?

Maybe this idea is good for some, but I am one that does not like having all my "eggs" in one basket. If you happen to lose your bracelet, you've lost everything.

Then again, isn't that the way it was with your room key? You could bundle your cc charges, room key, and park tickets all on one card. Sorry, just thinking outwardly and trying to look at this from different angles.

Still, I'd rather have a card then to have to wear a bracelet. I don't wear a watch so I guess for me, the wristband is not appealing. I guess we will have to see how this all works out.

Maybe this idea is good for some, but I am one that does not like having all my "eggs" in one basket. If you happen to lose your bracelet, you've lost everything.

Then again, isn't that the way it was with your room key? You could bundle your cc charges, room key, and park tickets all on one card. Sorry, just thinking outwardly and trying to look at this from different angles.

Still, I'd rather have a card then to have to wear a bracelet. I don't wear a watch so I guess for me, the wristband is not appealing. I guess we will have to see how this all works out.

Uh.. no..? They still have a computer system with all of your information and can just give you a new one. AP holders don't have to not lose their ticket for an entire year and otherwise be screwed. They just reissue with proper ID.

The band is just going to be more convenient. No one is going to force anyone or child to wear it. You can get the same info on a card because nonresort guests will have the card versus band anyway.

As to losing them, people lose their Resort IDs every hour of every day at Disney, it does not stop them from having a good vacation. You simply get it replaced.

A friend saw the bands today and said they are very light weight, non plastic material that was adjustable and very comfortable.

If you don't want to wear it on your wrist, fasten it to your bag or put it in your pocket.

The convenience is in the wearing, it is not what makes it work.

Uh.. no..? They still have a computer system with all of your information and can just give you a new one. AP holders don't have to not lose their ticket for an entire year and otherwise be screwed. They just reissue with proper ID.

Thanks. I did not know there was a way to cancel and reissue these bracelets. I am not familiar with AP holders so I don't know how that works. I just know that in the past, I would photo copy or take a picture of my card and bar code. Not knowing exactly how the bracelets work or what they look like, I thought once lost, gone for good.

Still, I am not sure of this new system for many reasons but I am willing to wait and see, give it a try, and then make a decision whether or not I like it.

When you purchase an annual pass it it tied to your home address and phone number. As long as you have ID stating your info, you can easily have it replaced if lost. I am sure the bands will be the same way.

The only advantage for anyone over someone else with this system as Mousemerf has said, if you want to set up your Fastpass+ selections in advance you will need your tickets in advance to be able to link them to your account.

Those buying tickets from nonDisney sources will have to have those tickets in advance to do advance booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter