New DIS Unplugged Feed

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterShaun, Apr 23, 2013.

1. WebmasterShaun

WebmasterShaun Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of moving both the Orlando show and the Disneyland show over to brand new feeds. We've worked to make the switch pretty seamless so it should be a smooth transition. Here are some notes to keep in mind:

• If you subscribe and listen in iTunes, no changes are required on your part. iTunes will recognize the new feed for the show and will continue to update and play as usual. Depending on your settings in iTunes, there is a chance that some of the older shows could be marked as unplayed when it sees the new feed, however I'm hoping that this isn't the case.
    • If you subscribe to the shows with just the RSS feed, you may need to use/bookmark the new feeds which are linked below. All of the links around the site that point to the feeds and individual shows have also been updated so they should work fine.

DIS Unplugged - Orlando Edition:
    http://www.disunplugged.com/podcast.xml

DIS Unplugged - Disneyland Edition
    http://www.disunplugged.com/podcast-dl.xml

Like I said, this will hopefully be a seamless switch and there will be no problems. If you do notice anything odd or need help troubleshooting any issues, just reply to this thread and I will keep an eye on it and check back.

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Thanks for the heads up Shaun. I use iTunes and when I checked now it was showing that the old shows were unplayed, even though I had listened to them already.

For those that have the same issue, it is easy to mark them all as listened by selecting them all in iTunes and right (command) click on them to get the popup menu and select "Mark as Played". :surfweb:

4. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Thanks Shaun.

5. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

That would probably explain why I saw some duplicates on iTunes yesterday.

Sayhello

6. Disneybridein2k3

Disneybridein2k3 I am and I'm not afraid to admit

Shaun - I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but will the podcasts be available as video podcasts in the future? Some podcasts I subscribe to have video uploads as well on the itunes feed. It isn't a big deal if it can't be done - I try to catch the show live but the parts I miss (interrupted by work) I watch on youtube. I was wondering more out of curiousity. Thanks for everything!

7. Jen5064

Jen5064 Earning My Ears

Hi Shaun, I'm having trouble downloading old shows in iTunes. I can download back to about the end of May 2012, but after that date I get error messages. I've even tried to download old episodes that I have listened to in the past without any luck. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed to see if that would reset something. Do you have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Could this be related to the move? Thanks!

8. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

I think Pete said on the first show that they won't upload the video shows up to the feed because of the cost of it. Most of the shows that I subscribe to that put up video as well only do it monthly.

9. WebmasterShaun

As of right now, no, there is no plan to have a separate feed dedicated to just the video podcasts. In order to do that, we would have to host the video files ourselves and that gets very expensive in terms of bandwidth. So we'll just continue using YouTube and Livestream to host the videos. :)

10. Disneybridein2k3

Disneybridein2k3 I am and I'm not afraid to admit

Thanks for letting me know. EastYorkDisneyFan, I must've missed it -- that happens to me when I try to participate in chat and actively listen (teaches me to go back and listen to the audio show even when I watch live!) Shaun -- thanks for everything you guys do - the live show has been fantastic!

11. Lita

Lita DIS Veteran

I am having this issue also. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. KingSpeedy

KingSpeedy Earning My Ears

Similar issue using the direct xml feed. I did some digging and it seems like after a certain point the links in the <enclosure url> tags simply aren't live anymore. You can still hit the mp3s directly on wdwinfo.com/podcast, but a podcast catcher won't be able to get them until the feed is fixed.

13. beachphotog

beachphotog Pass me a margarita

Also having the same issue. I didn't realize this thread was here, so I started my own... Maybe someone will have an answer?

14. WebmasterShaun

Sorry, I missed your question when it first came up. I just made some edits to the feed that should fix this problem. It may take a couple days for iTunes and other podcast readers to update, but it the issue should be resolved when they do.

15. Jen5064

Jen5064 Earning My Ears

Thank you, Shaun. I will give the fix some time to update iTunes and try again.

16. Lita

Lita DIS Veteran

It is working for me now, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. todd222222

todd222222 Mouseketeer

I'm having trouble today - only the Animal Kingdom show is downloading...the News show isn't shown nor downloading. I've looked at the xml file and see it listed so no idea why it's not showing up.

I'm using DoggCatcher on Android.

Thoughts?

18. pdarrah

pdarrah <font color=lime>It's nice to know you are real, t

I'm having the same trouble - I had lost track of this thread and had posted a new one this morning (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108247) but it is the same issue.

I only received the AK segment and when I found the News segment at the podcast "store", I needed to subscribe to a new feed. I now have 2 orange DIS Unplugged Orlando edition podcasts on my iTouch. The old 1 has the AK show (and all the older stuff I still have on there) and the new 1 has just the News show.

19. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I think it might just be that this week’s were put up in a weird place. I haven’t had any problems with the switch until today.

20. Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Right now I can't get any of the shows to play on my android phone. The player keeps closing.