New Dining Experience Coming to Victoria and Albert's

This is really exciting news and I am looking forward to more information about it. It's definately something we would try.

Hmmm I was watching a show the other night and it was either on the Travel or Food Channel. It was about a restaurant that serves a 20 something course meal. Most of the courses are only a bite or so, and the price is $500pp. I remembered thinking how much I would love to enjoy an experience like that. I have always wanted to go to V&A but I either have no adult to go with me, or I have all of my children there with me and the childcare cost would be outrageous. I will have to keep this in mind if I ever get to take a grown up trip or if I have a lot of extra money hanging around in a year or two lol. I just can't see sitting through a several hour dinner alone :sad2:.

I just tried the new web site for Victoria and Albert's, victoria_albert.com, and it is not up yet. Has anybody who was there for F&W heard more about it?

We were at V&A on Oct. 5. The plan is still on and that time they were in the process of updating the AC in that room (apparently it gets rather warm in there) and they were still working on the name of the room. Victoria Room seemed to be what they wanted, but they were in the process of determining if that "name" had some sort of copyright or trademark issues.

I meant to ask about this when we were there a few weeks ago but I forgot (too much wine). It will be interesting to see what's offered on the 12-16 course menu and if it varies from the main dining room and Chef's Table.

We always enjoy V&A but would like to start seeing a little more variety on their menu. There were items on our October 18th menu that were also on our menu from three years ago ... that's not necessarily bad but neither is mixing things up now and then.

I agree. Our October menu wasn't all that different from the menu we had in May. Which wasn't all that different from the menu we had the previous September.
Of course, V&A probably assumes most folks will be one timers and won't come on a regular basis as we do. For them , any V&A menu is new and exciting.

I meant to ask about this when we were there a few weeks ago but I forgot (too much wine). It will be interesting to see what's offered on the 12-16 course menu and if it varies from the main dining room and Chef's Table.

We always enjoy V&A but would like to start seeing a little more variety on their menu. There were items on our October 18th menu that were also on our menu from three years ago ... that's not necessarily bad but neither is mixing things up now and then.

You are so right. Seasonal there, seems to be the same every quarter. Not much variety..if you eat there often. Chef Scott/Amy need to step it up a bit menu wise.

Hi!

That's so funny as my husband and I finally took my daughter who is 16 to V&A 2 months ago for our anniversary for the first time and she was underwhelmed compared with what we had told her from our previous visits. We share similar opinions with the previous posters - the menu seems almost always the same and a little bit staid. As we live in NJ between NY and Philly, we are exposed to a lot of great restaurants/dining experiences and would love to see V&A step out of the box with ingredients and presentation a la Top Chef, although I realize they have to deal with a variety of tastes. I really would like some more dishes that display more creativity and I usually love the service, but the last time we were there they seemed to act as if they were on auto-pilot - JMHO ;) !

Looking forward to a new V&A experience soon!

Hi UncleR! Just wanted to ask...I heard V&A lost their 5th star a few years back. They are 4 star now. Not 100% sure if this is true, but I seem to remember confirming it. I will do some research and see if I can find this out.

Hi UncleR! Just wanted to ask...I heard V&A lost their 5th star a few years back. They are 4 star now. Not 100% sure if this is true, but I seem to remember confirming it. I will do some research and see if I can find this out.

Technically, they aren't "star" rated but diamond rated. Victoria & Albert's is one of only 3 AAA 5 diamond restaurants in Florida and they have received this ranking for 2010. The restaurant has maintained that ranking for 10 consecutive years.

There are only 52 restaurants in the world considered AAA 5 diamond. And for context there are only 3 restaurants in New York City that maintain this standing. And V&A has been 5 diamond rated longer than The French Laundry, Alinea, Le Cirque, Joël Robuchon, Restaurant Guy Savoy and many more.

AAA's five-diamond restaurant list for 2010

I spoke with V&A's this morning and we have this booked for May! I am so incredibly excited. Here is the information I have found so far and may be slightly inaccurate as I specifically asked about private dining room and was told about this new program:

1) Minumum will be paying for 7 people - $2100.
2) It is $295 a person, so if you want more than 7 people, you will pay the $295 per additional and it can seat up to 12. If you want only 6 people, still have to pay for 7.
3) Amount of the $2100 does not include gratuties or tax.
4) The amount includes wine pairings and there will not be a discount if a person can not drink wine or chooses not to
5) There will be no surcharges for the more extravagent menu items like there is in main dining room
6) Chef will be making appearances through out your meal
7) If you only book 7 people, the room is still all to your family, no other guests will be added (bascially one party a night)
8) Meal will be 4 hours long and will start at 6:30

I was told this will surpass the Chef's Table in so many ways. The only thing I am not sure of is whether they will be offering as a reservation for only 2 people if you do not want the room booked all to yourself since I specifically asked for private dining.

We just dined there last week. We asked and were told in some detail about the upcoming "Victoria Room" changes.

Nothing was said to us about having a minimum of 7 people in order to dine in the contemplated "Victoria Room". I think the information you received on a minimum number of guests and minimum expenditure likely has to do with booking the entire room for a private party.

I spoke with V&A's this morning and we have this booked for May! I am so incredibly excited. Here is the information I have found so far and may be slightly inaccurate as I specifically asked about private dining room and was told about this new program:

1) Minumum will be paying for 7 people - $2100.
2) It is $295 a person, so if you want more than 7 people, you will pay the $295 per additional and it can seat up to 12. If you want only 6 people, still have to pay for 7.
3) Amount of the $2100 does not include gratuties or tax.
4) The amount includes wine pairings and there will not be a discount if a person can not drink wine or chooses not to
5) There will be no surcharges for the more extravagent menu items like there is in main dining room
6) Chef will be making appearances through out your meal
7) If you only book 7 people, the room is still all to your family, no other guests will be added (bascially one party a night)
8) Meal will be 4 hours long and will start at 6:30

I was told this will surpass the Chef's Table in so many ways. The only thing I am not sure of is whether they will be offering as a reservation for only 2 people if you do not want the room booked all to yourself since I specifically asked for private dining.

Sounds similiar to the private dining experiences you can already have at V&A in that room. I've hosted one of those before.

Technically, they aren't "star" rated but diamond rated. Victoria & Albert's is one of only 3 AAA 5 diamond restaurants in Florida and they have received this ranking for 2010. The restaurant has maintained that ranking for 10 consecutive years.

There are only 52 restaurants in the world considered AAA 5 diamond. And for context there are only 3 restaurants in New York City that maintain this standing. And V&A has been 5 diamond rated longer than The French Laundry, Alinea, Le Cirque, Joël Robuchon, Restaurant Guy Savoy and many more.

AAA's five-diamond restaurant list for 2010

WOW...thank you so much, not only for the info and link, but for the info about the other restaurants. A food snob friend of mine kind of snickered about V&A (she is an anti Disney person, so she thinks anything Disney is childish) and she talks of Alinea as if it is the pinnacle of fine food (which I am sure it is incredible, don't get me wrong.)

Hmmm...I am DYING to figure out a way to bring this up in conversation so I can hit her with these stats. Remember George Costanza at the meeting...the "jerk store" comeback he was dying to use? That's how I feel right now, LOL.

Thanks again!

"Sounds similiar to the private dining experiences you can already have at V&A in that room. I've hosted one of those before."

Very possible with the 7 person minumum. That was what I was not sure on, whether it would be that after the changes or not. However, I do believe the part about the wine pairings is for the new experience. She was reading from information that she has about the upcoming experience and said that there would not be a reduction in price if you do not get the wine. I know that was a question someone had on the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter