New Dining at the PPH

I would have expected a higher price. I will definitely try.
I called the dining line to ask whether it was a special reservation or not. The CM I spoke with said to just make a regular reservation for PCH Grill. She also said she had the pleasure of trying some of the items from the buffet this week and thought they were delicious.

I wonder if they will keep the regular menu along with buffet. Seems hard to enforce if they do though. I doubt the CM would say the food is garbage, but I am also optimistic based on the photos and descriptions.

Is this restaurant typically busy? The new menu sounds good, but I don't know if we want to be tied to making a dinner reservation. Our hotel is on Katella so we would be walking past, so you think it would be possible to get a dinner spot just by showing up? Thanks.

We did not end up eating at the new buffet last night but I did look around and everything looked delicious. My girls wanted pizza though so we ordered from Marri's thanks to a recommendation here which was delicious! And cheap! They delivered to the lobby and we ate it while watching the outdoor movie. Thumbs up!

We decided to go ahead and book it. My DS (12) requested Big Thunder Ranch BBQ but I think he will be even happier with the variety that is advertised here since it has pizza, cheese burgers and dessert included and I'll be happy because it's a couple of bucks less.

Still anxious to read a review.

Just ate there tonight. It was very decent. The buffet wasn't as big as we thought but had some nice variety. They didnt seem to have a good rythm going yet and sometimes had difficulties keeping food stocked (had to be told when stuff was out). The desserts were fun with very yummy strawberry shortcake (all made in house) and a make-your-own smores.

Pizza was fun for the kids but a bit of a hassle. U had to order it from the server who eventually brings the kids their pizza on a mickey shaped platter to design with toppings. After they are done, kids drop it off to be baked in the wood oven. My kids are older but still got a kick out of it.

They advertised lobster mac n cheese and I tried both kinds laid out but neither had a scrap of lobster taste.

I enjoyes the ribs and tri- tips and thought the pickled deviled eggs were fun. The fish tacos were very good - there was a toppings bar too (DH didnt realise it was for the tacos and he ate his dry.)

I loved the festive vibe of the place and we enjoyed our meal.

Thanks for the report back. I'm actually glad to hear to the make your own pizzas are a part of the buffet. My kids absolutely love doing those! I definitely think we'll have to try this on our next trip.

I wonder if they will keep the regular menu along with buffet. Seems hard to enforce if they do though. I doubt the CM would say the food is garbage, but I am also optimistic based on the photos and descriptions.
They did away with the a la carte menu, so the buffet is now the only option. I asked our server and she said that the restaurant was much busier now (second night of the buffet) compared to when it had the a la carte menu, so she liked it.

Is this restaurant typically busy? The new menu sounds good, but I don't know if we want to be tied to making a dinner reservation. Our hotel is on Katella so we would be walking past, so you think it would be possible to get a dinner spot just by showing up? Thanks.
It sounded like the restaurant was previously fairly non-busy, but with the introduction of the buffet it has picked up. Now how much of that was due to the buffet and how much was due to the unexpected rain (which meant other outdoor venues were closed), I don't know. The restaurant wasn't full on Saturday night, but I do think they were taking it easy so as to not overwhelm the buffet while it was still trying to work out the kinks. So once it's been around for a while, they make start taking more walk-ups, but on Saturday night it sounded like there was a wait for walk-ups.

Once I've had a chance to process the photos, Figment will post his usually food photos and reviews from the second night of the PCH Grill buffet (the rainy night!).

We had dinner there Sat. night and loved it. Thought the food was good and a fun selection too !! After a LONG day at the park, I have to say it was nice no to do a buffet without the "extra excitement" of having the characters being present.

We ate there Saturday night also, and really enjoyed it. I agree that the variety isn't really big, but we enjoyed the quality of almost all of the food. Tony will be dining there, and will be reviewing it pretty soon on the podcast. I would definitely go back.

How funny that so many of us were there on Saturday (at least it was indoors so we didn't get wet)! I wonder how many of us "saw" each other and didn't even know it...:rotfl:

I'm probably the party pooper of the bunch but I welcome a buffet at DLR that's not a character meet and greet.
Just not into that sort of thing myself and they scare my developmentally disabled son.

I'm probably the party pooper of the bunch but I welcome a buffet at DLR that's not a character meet and greet.
Just not into that sort of thing myself and they scare my developmentally disabled son.

I'm also fine with it not being a character meal, because then they'd almost certainly raise the price of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter