New Dark Ride in Animal Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted bo doncelli
The more you post about it, the more it just seems like random words being thrown in. The phrases don't match anything relevant in google, and there is nothing on the NY Daily News site that seems to have anything to do with ride technology.

It's been amusing, but until there is something posted in English or a reference link, I will assume that this was a joke from the get go.

Sorry about that, it was in last week's daily news and sorry for all the tech speak. I forget not everyone is into this. Here is a shorter more clear version.

Basically what they are comparing it to is a net of combined areas of the technical aspect of Spider Man ride in Universal. Not in the larger sense of a screen fundamentals, but a more conceise version without the screen and the large ambient lighting.

The Mech Tech is just the way the cars will fly through the dark ride itself. That is where Mech Tech will meet entertainment. It not only will bring a smaller parcel, but it will make it much more smooth and faster. It will bring about a large instrument panel that will play along with the screen.

Think Spider Man in universal on steriods. I'm hoping that don't use the bearings though.

Sorry about that, it was in last week's daily news and sorry for all the tech speak. I forget not everyone is into this. Here is a shorter more clear version.

Thank you...that was MUCH clearer. Now someone needs to explain to me what's so special about the Spider-Man ride at Universal. Haven't been there in 10 years... :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/index.html

Please use this link and find this "artlicle" in the archives....their website goes back several years.

I couldn't find any way into the archive other than the Search box, and I haven't been able to figure out search terms that come up with any article related to this.

No I did hear a couple weeks ago that Universal scored and exclusive agreement on a tech they plan to use for future rides, which seemed to involve a robotic arm on which the seats would be attached. I'm guessing this isn't it.

Thank you...that was MUCH clearer. Now someone needs to explain to me what's so special about the Spider-Man ride at Universal. Haven't been there in 10 years... :)

Only EVERYTHING...Spiderman is the dark ride of dark rides, nothing has come close yet.

I could try to explain the technology in it, but you still wouldn't have any idea how good it is until you've been on it!

I will take a try describing SpiderMan....

Each car has 2 rows of (4?) people, rear row slightly elevated. The car moves in a very fluid way and can rotate fully, as well as tilt about 15 degrees. It moves quickly though a series of sets that combine effective 3d and special effects to make a very high impact interactive experience. A bad guy lands on the front of your vehicle and it rocks forward from the "impact". Then he jumps away - a long way away... your car spins suddenly backward and spidey leaps from the building behind you, over your car in hot pursuit and you spin back around and follow... high energy and breathtaking and I won't spoil the great end effects.

I just got news from a reliable source that a new dark ride will be opening in Animal Kingdom of the summer of 09. It will be a very exciting ride and will be simulating the movements of rem tech. I am thinking it will have technology similiar to Spider Man in Universal, but better.

Wow - how exciting. Spiderman IS the best simulating 'ride' I've ever been on. Although I like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, it just doesn't compare. When I saw Spiderman last weekend, I kept thinking about that ride in Islands of Adventure. This ride is just another reason to visit Disney during the summer of 09. I don’t care what the theme ends up being. Thanks OP!!

Wow - how exciting. Spiderman IS the best simulating 'ride' I've ever been on. Although I like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, it just doesn't compare. When I saw Spiderman last weekend, I kept thinking about that ride in Islands of Adventure. This ride is just another reason to visit Disney during the summer of 09. I don’t care what the theme ends up being. Thanks OP!!

pssst.... incase you didn't read there is no new ride.

I guess I didn't get the joke.:confused3

There is no joke per say...the OP offered zero details other then made up tech words strung together in a loose babble. He can't even provide the "article" he said he got the info from. AK may very well get a new ride in the next 5,10,15 years....that is hardly a dangerous limb to climb out on though.

There is no joke per say...the OP offered zero details other then made up tech words strung together in a loose babble. He can't even provide the "article" he said he got the info from. AK may very well get a new ride in the next 5,10,15 years....that is hardly a dangerous limb to climb out on though.

It is time to let the mouse out of the bag. Although most of you knew it was a silly prank from the beginning, I will tell all those who didn't get my very sick sense of humor in on the joke.

There is no new ride, it was just a joke. It is called double speak. Basically you are talking without saying anything. I train new employees where I work, and I do it to them all the time. I love to see the look on their face when they are desperately trying to understand what I am telling them. I tell them I'm joking of course.

I hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up to high.

Hope you enjoyed the fun.

It is time to let the mouse out of the bag. Although most of you knew it was a silly prank from the beginning, I will tell all those who didn't get my very sick sense of humor in on the joke.

There is no new ride, it was just a joke. It is called double speak. Basically you are talking without saying anything. I train new employees where I work, and I do it to them all the time. I love to see the look on their face when they are desperately trying to understand what I am telling them. I tell them I'm joking of course.

So, you ARE the program I wrote in high school!!!

I figured as much, but a fully immersive simulator ride would be cool...as would a TexMex inside an inflatable dinosaurs' colon, if only that ADRs would probably be available since no one would want to eat there...

It doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do to new employees. I'm sure they are nervous enough about trying to fit in at a new job, and then you go and do things like that to them. Sorry, I think it's cruel. But that's just me......:confused3

Since this was a joke, I'm closing the thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter