new conversation

lshvt

Earning My Ears
I cannot start a conversation or send a PM. What am I doing wrong? When I hover over my inbox there is no prompt to start a conversation. Do I need to change my settings somehow? Please help.

I have 11 posts and still no promp for staeting a conversation. This is going to be a problem if I can't figure it out, since I am keeping track of the fish extender list. Any suggestions?

I have 11 posts and still no promp for staeting a conversation. This is going to be a problem if I can't figure it out, since I am keeping track of the fish extender list. Any suggestions?
How recently did you get 10 posts? It takes a bit of time (30 minutes minimum, from reports) for the system to recognize when people reach the 10 post milestone, delaying access to those functions.

How recently did you get 10 posts? It takes a bit of time (30 minutes minimum, from reports) for the system to recognize when people reach the 10 post milestone, delaying access to those functions.[/QUOTE
reached 11 a week ago and 12 last night. Still won't come up with the tab for start a conversation.

Have you checked your "Privacy" settings? It should indicate start conversations with "members only" or "People you follow only". If you want to start conversations with anyone you want it needs to say "Members only".

Beyond that, I'd suggest contacting a Mod to see why you haven't been OK'd yet.

@irfyr Are you starting from your Inbox or your Profile Page? You need to be at your Inbox to start a conversation. Click on Inbox next to your username in the upper-right of the page. That will open your Conversations. Then again in the upper-right (slightly below the username area) should be a button "Start a New Conversation" -- on my screen it's a blue button at the end of the gray bar, but I don't know if that changes based on the color scheme you are using. As a note, if the person you wish to PM does not yet have 10 posts, you won't be able to do the Conversation.

@irfyr Are you starting from your Inbox or your Profile Page? You need to be at your Inbox to start a conversation. Click on Inbox next to your username in the upper-right of the page. That will open your Conversations. Then again in the upper-right (slightly below the username area) should be a button "Start a New Conversation" -- on my screen it's a blue button at the end of the gray bar, but I don't know if that changes based on the color scheme you are using. As a note, if the person you wish to PM does not yet have 10 posts, you won't be able to do the Conversation.
I thought I read that someone with less than 10 posts can't start a conversation, but can respond if someone else sends a conversation to them. Is that not correct?

That's the way it used to be, but I've recently discovered that they can't receive PMs/Conversations until they have 10 posts -- so nobody can send one to them either.

@irfyr I just checked your profile. You may be blocked from PMs until your points expire.

Sounds like you are trying to start/run an FE. Check some other Cruise Meet thread, particularly ones further out like 2016 cruises. It's possible to do this directly within the Cruise Meet thread -- though you'll want to stick to fairly basic info without too much personal details (unless the participants wish to share that much). Others can post their family's info (stateroom, # adults, # kids, ages if they desire to share that, etc.), and then you can updat, you can update one post. Or, you can keep a running list elsewhere and periodically post it within the Cruise Meet thread as "most recent list."

Let me know if you need more info -- I made a post somewhere on the DCL forum about it maybe a couple of months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter