New Contemporary DVC Concept Art!

Weather this is an official photo that is something we will either choose to believe or not believe. I still say the most obvious reason that there will be a DVC building there is the demolition of the North Garden Wing. I am sorry for always brining that point up, but if this is not going to be a DVC building why would the North Garden Wing have been demolished? I mean they could have renovated it like the South Garden Wing. Basically what I am saying is the Contemporary would have not got rid of so many rooms if they did not plan on building something new in that area. So with the rumours out there it can only be a DVC building.
Cool.

As long as were throwing rumors around, here's one.....

That space on top of the resort, a lounge for DVC's members only.

Just passing along the gossip.

I believe it will be DVC. I also see that it confirms my worst fears that it totally ruins the aesthetics of the Contemporary Resort. Why, oh why, when they have done DVC so well at all the other deluxe resorts, couldn't they find a way to make it more complimentary to the original architecture, and keep the CR tower as the visual focus it was intended to be. Personally, I think it's an eyesore even before it's built.

I agree, it makes my beloved Contemporary look like a garden shed. I'd think the disney imagineers could have done something more in keeping with the futuristic theme of the Contemporary. It looks like a big sterile, themeless, thoughtless AKL. I'm glad I'm staying there this year, because to me once that eyesore goes up, Contemporary just won't be the same.:sad2:

I brought this up on the last thread about the demolition of the garden wing, but just to throw this out there, I would not be the least bit surprised that the pictures were "accidentially" leaked to throw people off. And now there are some admittedly cool renderings of the concept that, mark my words, if built will end up looking like Chicago's beloved Soldier Field and people will ask, "hey, Who landed the spaceship right next to the CR?" I would be surprised if this is built because the size and proximity of the two towers-too big, too close together. Is there not a new high end resort being built onthe other side of Bay Lake? Think those people want to see another hotel instead the Castle? Lets not bring up buildings so close together you have no choice but to look out the window at the next family getting ready for the day. But the pictures are really cool and as a DVC member, I'll take the rooftop lounge and the best views of the MK on property.

While some of you may believe me or not but every Cast Member I ask at the Contemporary about this says it will be a DVC building 100%.

OK, I figured it all out. If you look at the proposed new building from the top, it makes the letter "C". If you turn the existing building upside down, it looks like a "V".

You see? "V" and "C" ! Vacation Club! There, its official now!

That's as logical as anything else I've read.

Looks hideous. Makes it look like the shores of any resort island, Miami beach, major city or downtown area. Perhaps they could add a few more for an even more Contemporary look.

Looks like the north facing rooms are going to have views of backstage areas, car barn, etc.

The designers of this development had apparently never seen the Contemporary Resort (even in pictures) when they drew up the design.

That the only explanation I can think of as to how they managed to create such an ugly tower which clashes so badly with whats left of the Contemporary.

If they must go ahead with this project, anyone ever think of drafting a design which complements the Contemporary? Maybe even give it, say - a Contemporary theme...

I still say the most obvious reason that there will be a DVC building there is the demolition of the North Garden Wing. I am sorry for always brining that point up, but if this is not going to be a DVC building why would the North Garden Wing have been demolished?

They most likely demolished it to expand the resort, but that doesn't mean it has to be a DVC.

I happen to agree that it probably will be at least part DVC. The only "official" news out there are the permits Disney filed, which referred to the project as both DVC and Contemporary Suites.

But the concept picture, even if legit, doesn't give us any real indication about what it will actually be.

And, like others, when I saw the picture my first thought was condo/apartment complex.

this concept art strikes me as completely uninspired. I would be excited to see this go up in Chicago or Milwaukee, but I don't see it as interesting or unique in anyway for Disney. I almost expect to see a "Hyatt" logo on the top.

Looks hideous. Makes it look like the shores of any resort island, Miami beach, major city or downtown area. Perhaps they could add a few more for an even more Contemporary look.

AH I see, so as a companion to OKW resort it could be OLV or OMB.

They most likely demolished it to expand the resort, but that doesn't mean it has to be a DVC.

I happen to agree that it probably will be at least part DVC. The only "official" news out there are the permits Disney filed, which referred to the project as both DVC and Contemporary Suites.

But the concept picture, even if legit, doesn't give us any real indication about what it will actually be.

And, like others, when I saw the picture my first thought was condo/apartment complex.
I still say it is going to be a DVC building because of these factors. The rumours about it for such a long time, the fact that the North Garden Wing was demolished because why would they get rid of so many rooms at the Contemporary since it's very hard to get a reservation there? Plus the demolition happened around when there were even more rumours about it and the fact that every Cast Member I have asked at the Contemporary says it will be a DVC building.

So now let me ask you this since you said they demolished the North Garden Wing to expand the Resort, but it might not be for a DVC building or Contemporary Suites (which they already have on the 14th floor and in some South Garden Wing rooms) what else could they be planning to build there?

Finally aren't Villas accomodations an apartment/condo like setting? If you don't like the outside then that is your opinion. However the way you described the condo/apartment complex, is what they are suppost to be.

this concept art strikes me as completely uninspired. I would be excited to see this go up in Chicago or Milwaukee, but I don't see it as interesting or unique in anyway for Disney. I almost expect to see a "Hyatt" logo on the top.

But kids will have fun there!

good, my firefox web-forum sarcasm-detector plugin is working.

Did I mention that thing is ugly? It makes me want to sing an Elvis song and play craps...

Here's 'proof' of the Polynesian DVC that I posted on the other thread.... ;)

Coming soon.... :rotfl2:

028NF500.jpg

Hmmm....DVC Resort or parking garage....?:sad2:

I can see they're trying to go for the future city effect, but its not working out. That building looks like it should be here in NYC, not WDW.......

I'm worried its going to take away from CR's presence......I like the lone tower rising up from across 7 seas lagoon. With multi towers, its going to look like a Co-Op complex. I see enough of those around New York. Plus, won't you see all the backstage areas of the MK from those rooms? I wouldn't want to have to see that.

I think that if Disney wants to improve the CR, they should make it more like tomorrowland

(think about it, every other land has a corresponding resort in the MK area : GF-Main st, POLY-adventureland, WL &Frt.W-Frontierland, etc) ,

plus you'll probably be able to see this new tower from tomorrowland, but it should look more like tomorrowland, not this city developer architecture...

I usually don't worry about Disney's decissions, but I'm worried about this one......I sure hope they know what they're doing...

I'm still probably going to buy in though :rolleyes1

I know I'm going to get blasted for this but CR is ugly and reminds me of a tomb. With that said what is the big deal of a better looking building going up off of it a bit.

This place is all about location if anywhere else on sight they would never fill a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter