New Clocks

MBFergie

Insane Mom
I don't know if it's been posted yet but on the July 8th cruise they switched out all the propeller clocks with a new one. It has the DCL logo in the center, more propellers and alarm that plays "when you wish upon a star". Only problem, we found it extremely hard to read. The old ones are on clearance in the stores at 50% off and the new ones are for sale.

Sorry if this has been previoulsy posted..another thread had something and I remembered I wanted to tell all my dis friends about this.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure by the time I sail, the old ones will be gone. I really liked them, other than not being able to see the time in the middle of the night. Can't wait to see, and hear, the new ones!

Do you have pictures of it? I'm sure that just because of the song I will like it!!

I was JUST going to ask the same question!!! I would love to see a pic of the new clock. I hope with the new ones that you can see them at night - that they have some sort-of indiglo feature. The peg in the old clocks always used to fall out!

Yep that's the big question, can you read them at night?

no you can't read them

no i don't have a picture..i was planning on buying one so didn't think i would need it, but after looking at it and having to think about the time i decided against buying.

Our clock in our room last cruise didn't even work. Thank goodness we brought our own travel clock. We used their wake up call service every am because we all wanted to hear Mickey first thing in the am. :thumbsup2

Maybe someone will come back and post a photo. The old clocks were okay, but one with the logo on it and playing a Disney tune, that may be a purchase too hard for us to resist.

Yeah, I am kinda of thinking this new one might be peaking my interest a bit more than the other propeller clock they had. I can't wait to hear it...I have a watch I don't need to read it! LOL!

Thanks for posting, I had no clue they had done this....something else to look forward too! :goodvibes

i have a pic of the clock from the ship as i just got home yesterday. Here is my attempt to post it. sorry if so big.

DisneyWonder7-20-061225.jpg

Both are cute, but neither one wowed me. Of course ours was buried under pirate stuff for a few nights.

Wow, I like that one, how much were they selling these for?

This would be a great gift for my parents beach house since they took us on our first Disney Cruise! I would love to know how much it sells for on the ship. Of course, I don't know if I could part with it though once I got home. :teeth:

MB MinnieGirl said:
This would be a great gift for my parents beach house since they took us on our first Disney Cruise! I would love to know how much it sells for on the ship. Of course, I don't know if I could part with it though once I got home. :teeth:
Maybe you should buy 2! :rotfl:

I wonder if that Disney surplus warehouse in Orlando will get the old clocks...I really liked them.

Disneyfun1 said:
i have a pic of the clock from the ship as i just got home yesterday. Here is my attempt to post it. sorry if so big.

DisneyWonder7-20-061225.jpg

I am commenting on you licence plate - mine is almost the same dsneynut!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the picture of the clock - I still don't like it - just my personal opinion.

I just knew we should have purchased the old clock on our January cruise! It was sitting there on the shelf beckoning to me - and the Captain was still in the shop autographing purchases....

If anyone hears of where one can purchase the old-style clock, will you please post the information here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter