New Clocks

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MBFergie, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MBFergie

MBFergie Insane Mom

I don't know if it's been posted yet but on the July 8th cruise they switched out all the propeller clocks with a new one. It has the DCL logo in the center, more propellers and alarm that plays "when you wish upon a star". Only problem, we found it extremely hard to read. The old ones are on clearance in the stores at 50% off and the new ones are for sale.

Sorry if this has been previoulsy posted..another thread had something and I remembered I wanted to tell all my dis friends about this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Luckymommyx2

Luckymommyx2 <font color=green>Je parle francais, et tu<br><fon

Thanks for the info. I'm sure by the time I sail, the old ones will be gone. I really liked them, other than not being able to see the time in the middle of the night. Can't wait to see, and hear, the new ones!

4. marlaymike

marlaymike Counting the days!!!

Do you have pictures of it? I'm sure that just because of the song I will like it!!

5. lilo62

lilo62 I want to live in the castle!

I was JUST going to ask the same question!!! I would love to see a pic of the new clock. I hope with the new ones that you can see them at night - that they have some sort-of indiglo feature. The peg in the old clocks always used to fall out!

6. ReggieB

ReggieB DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>I don't kiss ca

Yep that's the big question, can you read them at night?

7. MBFergie

MBFergie Insane Mom

no you can't read them

no i don't have a picture..i was planning on buying one so didn't think i would need it, but after looking at it and having to think about the time i decided against buying.

8. Marypoppinsiam

Marypoppinsiam DIS Veteran

Our clock in our room last cruise didn't even work. Thank goodness we brought our own travel clock. We used their wake up call service every am because we all wanted to hear Mickey first thing in the am. :thumbsup2

9. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Maybe someone will come back and post a photo. The old clocks were okay, but one with the logo on it and playing a Disney tune, that may be a purchase too hard for us to resist.

10. Mmketeer

Mmketeer <font color=blue>DIS Cast Member- no really, but n

Yeah, I am kinda of thinking this new one might be peaking my interest a bit more than the other propeller clock they had. I can't wait to hear it...I have a watch I don't need to read it! LOL!

Thanks for posting, I had no clue they had done this....something else to look forward too! :goodvibes

[​IMG]

11. Disneyfun1

Disneyfun1 Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07

i have a pic of the clock from the ship as i just got home yesterday. Here is my attempt to post it. sorry if so big.

[​IMG]

12. mattmommy

mattmommy Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>My DS loves rice.

Both are cute, but neither one wowed me. Of course ours was buried under pirate stuff for a few nights.

13. allears

allears "If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!

Wow, I like that one, how much were they selling these for?

14. goin2disneyagain

goin2disneyagain <font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>

I liked the old one but I kinda like the new one too. Cute!! :)

15. tynkerbell

tynkerbell DCL take me away!!

That's cute. How much is it selling for? (the new one).

16. MB MinnieGirl

MB MinnieGirl <font color=red>Elmo killer/Muppet murderer<br><fo

This would be a great gift for my parents beach house since they took us on our first Disney Cruise! I would love to know how much it sells for on the ship. Of course, I don't know if I could part with it though once I got home. :teeth:

17. goin2disneyagain

goin2disneyagain <font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>

Maybe you should buy 2! :rotfl:

18. misseulalie

misseulalie DIS Veteran

I wonder if that Disney surplus warehouse in Orlando will get the old clocks...I really liked them.

19. Bella2000

Bella2000 <font color=blue>60 minutes feels like 5 on the DI

bummer, the clock hands on the picture looked liked they had those glow in the dark markers.

20. tink&cinderella

tink&cinderella <font color=blue>I keep thinking and thinking but

I am commenting on you licence plate - mine is almost the same dsneynut!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the picture of the clock - I still don't like it - just my personal opinion.

21. m4travel

m4travel <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I just knew we should have purchased the old clock on our January cruise! It was sitting there on the shelf beckoning to me - and the Captain was still in the shop autographing purchases....

If anyone hears of where one can purchase the old-style clock, will you please post the information here?