new cc gift

We are heading to the Magic in 11 days. Does anyone know if the Magic has the new back packs yet? Thanks!

Thanks for the pics of the new CC gift! :goodvibes

Looking forward to getting ours in 11 days!! :banana:

I prefered the old plastic drinking bottles with built in coozie. We used those at the dirnk stations on board.

Awesome! Thank you everyone...i can't wait to get our new backpack and this is our first gold cruise!!,

I just skimmed all 13 pages of this thread, and I don't see any pics of the gifts. What did I miss? Anyone have pics?

I just skimmed all 13 pages of this thread, and I don't see any pics of the gifts. What did I miss? Anyone have pics?

Post #10 on Page one has a rather large picture. Blue backpack with chip and dale treats.

:rotfl2: My thoughts exactly!! I love Rice Krispie treats, but I have thrown away the ones from the last 2 or 3 cruises. They looked like they had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for 3 or 4 years!! :lmao:

:rotfl2: Our flip flop treats looked like someone actually tried to wear them. :rotfl2: They were flattened out with the icing all cracked. No big deal, no one in my family liked them anyway.

Just got back from four nights on the dream. Our first time as CC members and I thought the backpack was just awesome. I would have traded the snacks for a water bottle. So much food on board already :). The backpack is pretty nice, we will use it for years to come. Lots of pockets and space. We usually had our slr camera, changing pad, extra change of toddler clothes, our sunglasses and more. Sure beat our diaper bag which saw a lot of shelf time.

I haven't looked through all the pages to this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. They use to give away a beach towel for the main gift. It was a good size, thick and very absorbent. I still have two of them and use them when I go to the beach or to the pool. The best beach towels I have ever had. I would like them to come back. HINT...HINT!!!:thumbsup2

FYI the center of the key chain spins. We just got back from 5 day. Kids had the treats gone before I got the luggage in the room. (we just left the buffet) :rotfl2:

I know PPs have said that the backpack is large. Is it large enough to bring as the only bag for excursions and to Castaway Cay (for a family of three)? I was going to bring a tote bag, but will leave it at home if the backpack is large enough to use. Assuming there isn't a new gift next month.

I know PPs have said that the backpack is large. Is it large enough to bring as the only bag for excursions and to Castaway Cay (for a family of three)? I was going to bring a tote bag, but will leave it at home if the backpack is large enough to use. Assuming there isn't a new gift next month.

Not sure how big it is but they just recently changed gifts so I don't see them changing to a new CC gift for at least another year or two. I believe the last beach bag type gift was introduced in 2010 or possibly 2008. I know I received that one several times. My first CC cruise was in 2006 and I received a tote bag that I still use every day!

It depends on what you are bringing. Last month for 4 of us we fit in 1 backpack 2 kids sunhats, sunscreen, sunglasses, copies of travel paperwork and our ID's, etc, 4 DCL pool towels and a couple water bottles (the towels were bulky!).

That is all we could fit though! Our other travel partner had to take her own towel and an extra pair of shoes for one of my kiddos, as well as anything she specifically needed.

Hope that helps!

I was just putting mine away last night, LOL. I would say it is about the size that an elementary school student would use. So in school terms, the main pocket could probably only hold a binder and two text books. In non-school terms, you could probably fit a couple pairs of water socks, some bottles of water, sunscreen, hats and one or maybe two DCL towels (no more than one if it was a large beach towel).

It doesn't expand out very much(unlike many backpacks that people would use for touring). I believe there is also a zippered outside pocket and a second unzippered (open) outside pocket. There are also mesh bottle holders on the sides.

It is a nice size for one person, but may be a bit of a stretch for three, depending on what yoiu are bringing. In all honesty, I'm not sure of the quality yet either. We did use it for one excursion and it was fine. But I don't think I would depend on it as my only bag. I would be scared it might not hold up that well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!