1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

new cc gift

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by simbasmom2, Feb 12, 2012.

1. hamm1207

hamm1207 Alaskan DIS Veteran

We are heading to the Magic in 11 days. Does anyone know if the Magic has the new back packs yet? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyCruisin'

DisneyCruisin' DIS Veteran

We were on the March 3rd sailing and they had all of the new gifts!

4. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Just go off the Magic Friday and we received all new gifts too.

5. mstinson14

mstinson14 DIS Veteran

Me too! :)

I have to say that i didnt really like the water bottles though. If you put ice water in it, it was too cold to hold. I'm excited for these new gifts!! :thumbsup2

6. Lanie

Lanie DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pics of the new CC gift! :goodvibes

Looking forward to getting ours in 11 days!! :banana:

7. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

I prefered the old plastic drinking bottles with built in coozie. We used those at the dirnk stations on board.

8. hamm1207

hamm1207 Alaskan DIS Veteran

Awesome! Thank you everyone...i can't wait to get our new backpack and this is our first gold cruise!!,

9. LissaW16

LissaW16 Mouseketeer

I just skimmed all 13 pages of this thread, and I don't see any pics of the gifts. What did I miss? Anyone have pics?

10. MagicMe

MagicMe DIS Veteran

Post #10 on Page one has a rather large picture. Blue backpack with chip and dale treats.

11. mytripsandraces

mytripsandraces DIS Veteran

There's a picture on the first page, but you have to scroll down to see it.

12. MomsGoneGoofy

MomsGoneGoofy DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: Our flip flop treats looked like someone actually tried to wear them. :rotfl2: They were flattened out with the icing all cracked. No big deal, no one in my family liked them anyway.

13. LissaW16

LissaW16 Mouseketeer

Sorry, is my dumb internet at work, hiding all the good stuff. I looked at it on my phone and I can see the pictures. Thanks!

14. trippy1976

trippy1976 Earning My Ears

Just got back from four nights on the dream. Our first time as CC members and I thought the backpack was just awesome. I would have traded the snacks for a water bottle. So much food on board already :). The backpack is pretty nice, we will use it for years to come. Lots of pockets and space. We usually had our slr camera, changing pad, extra change of toddler clothes, our sunglasses and more. Sure beat our diaper bag which saw a lot of shelf time.

15. ratt1345

ratt1345 Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

I haven't looked through all the pages to this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. They use to give away a beach towel for the main gift. It was a good size, thick and very absorbent. I still have two of them and use them when I go to the beach or to the pool. The best beach towels I have ever had. I would like them to come back. HINT...HINT!!!:thumbsup2

16. blueferral

blueferral Mouseketeer

FYI the center of the key chain spins. We just got back from 5 day. Kids had the treats gone before I got the luggage in the room. (we just left the buffet) :rotfl2:

17. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

I know PPs have said that the backpack is large. Is it large enough to bring as the only bag for excursions and to Castaway Cay (for a family of three)? I was going to bring a tote bag, but will leave it at home if the backpack is large enough to use. Assuming there isn't a new gift next month.

18. MagicMe

MagicMe DIS Veteran

Not sure how big it is but they just recently changed gifts so I don't see them changing to a new CC gift for at least another year or two. I believe the last beach bag type gift was introduced in 2010 or possibly 2008. I know I received that one several times. My first CC cruise was in 2006 and I received a tote bag that I still use every day!

19. mom2aidanNpiper

mom2aidanNpiper DIS Veteran

It depends on what you are bringing. Last month for 4 of us we fit in 1 backpack 2 kids sunhats, sunscreen, sunglasses, copies of travel paperwork and our ID's, etc, 4 DCL pool towels and a couple water bottles (the towels were bulky!).

That is all we could fit though! Our other travel partner had to take her own towel and an extra pair of shoes for one of my kiddos, as well as anything she specifically needed.

Hope that helps!

20. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

I was just putting mine away last night, LOL. I would say it is about the size that an elementary school student would use. So in school terms, the main pocket could probably only hold a binder and two text books. In non-school terms, you could probably fit a couple pairs of water socks, some bottles of water, sunscreen, hats and one or maybe two DCL towels (no more than one if it was a large beach towel).

It doesn't expand out very much(unlike many backpacks that people would use for touring). I believe there is also a zippered outside pocket and a second unzippered (open) outside pocket. There are also mesh bottle holders on the sides.

It is a nice size for one person, but may be a bit of a stretch for three, depending on what yoiu are bringing. In all honesty, I'm not sure of the quality yet either. We did use it for one excursion and it was fine. But I don't think I would depend on it as my only bag. I would be scared it might not hold up that well.

21. disneyfan19712006

disneyfan19712006 DIS Veteran

Platinum boarding rocks!