New Castaway Club bag

was there anything in it? other than the magnetic board that is. we received one of those in our du basket.

The magnetic board sounds great, but the bags falling apart does not, and the bag looks cheap too. Maybe DCL is trying to save money? Also we are entering gold status on our next cruise but I can't imagine the gold looking very nice or wearing well. This so surprising as we have loved the last couple CC gifts we received - the backpack, the round red/black tote, and the red/black shoulder bag. The backpack has been our favorite. We use them a lot for hauling snacks & blankets & other gear to the kids' baseball games all summer.

One thing I will not miss is those Mickey crackers, they were not a hit with our family.

Another backpack in a different design would be great, or I would love to see a messenger style bag with a sleeve/pocket for a tablet.

Not impressed at all. Most likely will just leave ours behind when the cruise ends.

I think it will look great in black (for the platinum cruisers) and is ok in the silver for those cruisers. But I cannot imagine what the gold is going to look like, and that's what I am. Guess I'll have to wait and see, but not hopeful on this one.

Oh, btw...there was a previous report a couple months ago about a new style for the lanyards. Is that actually the case, and if so do you have a picture of that also? TIA!

Personally I liked the bag. Haven't had any problems with it. Agree that it is a little girly, so I now have 3 from our grandpa traveling companions. Also recieved a DCL flash drive which was nice to have to share our photos with each other at the end of the cruise.

Oh, btw...there was a previous report a couple months ago about a new style for the lanyards. Is that actually the case, and if so do you have a picture of that also? TIA!

On my recent 12/5 Dream cruise, I was Gold so I didn't receive the new lanyard but my friend did (therefore I don't have it to take a pic of). It's like a silk-y version of the old one and definitely a lot softer. It's more of a slick material, not the hard, scratchy material as the other ones.

Heather

I think it will look great in black (for the platinum cruisers) and is ok in the silver for those cruisers. But I cannot imagine what the gold is going to look like, and that's what I am. Guess I'll have to wait and see, but not hopeful on this one.

It's basically yellow more than gold.

I don't like the new bag. I love the backpack and welcome the idea of a messenger bag as well. The new bag looks too feminine and not universal.

Odd, we just returned from a cruise and it was the same one as the last 3 years.

Bummer! We sail on our second cruise in Feb, and was looking forward to getting our CC Backpack! It looked like something DH would also be willing to tote around. Now this one, I agree with other posters that this is definitely on the more feminine side.

Guys don't mind backpacks, but stay away from the totes!

Glad I was able to give some warning to the guys out there. I had to use it as I had little else to use other than a string backpack from DVC.

If you've seen the material they use for the lanyards they sell in parks now it is the same. They are printed instead of embroidered. They are less scratchy but also less durable. We are platinum so didn't get one of the new versions, which seems to be only available in silver for now.

We use our lanyards at WDW so I'll happily keep a few of the embroidered versions around.

Based on the picture and the reports of how flimsy it is, I am not impressed with this new tote bag. I'm sure DH will be even less so. I am glad we each already have one of the backpacks. We have found our backpacks to be very useful.

Sounds nice they changed things up again. Though apparently they will never make everyone happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter