test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

New Castaway Club bag

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Donald_Quackers, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Donald_Quackers

Donald_Quackers Quacktastic!

I haven't seen any pictures or postings about this, so if my search-fu missed it, I apologize, but there's a new Castaway Club bag. Here's mine, as I'm silver.

The others were the color of the level -- gold for gold, and black (I think) for platinum. It also came with a magnetic whiteboard with marker for your door!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. disneylove69

disneylove69 New Member

Nice. When did u get it? I was on in November and got the backpack.

4. JennandJaryd

JennandJaryd New Member

I love it!

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot New Member

That's nice. But...seems a bit girly for a gift that should be usable by anyone, doesn't it? I know my husband and son wouldn't want to touch it, even though they have a higher tolerance for tote bags and things like that than many males do.

6. Donald_Quackers

I just got off the Fantasy from the Dec 7-14 Western Caribbean.

7. figment52

figment52 <font color=royalblue>Oh man, I checked out the we

very cool - can't wait to see more pics

What ship were you on?

8. Donald_Quackers

Just updated - was on the Fantasy.

9. dsneygirl

dsneygirl <font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font

We got it on the Dream on Sunday. Mine broke on Monday. The ring came out and the rope handle wouldn't stay in place. I was bummed as I really liked the bag :(

10. Feisty Fairy

Feisty Fairy New Member

No more gold fish like Mickey shaped crackers :(. Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

11. Silly Little Pixie

Silly Little Pixie <font color=blue>My name is Inigo Montoya. You kil

That's too bad, the backpacks were sturdy as heck!!

Guess I'll be bringing my backpack with me on the Fantasy in 12 days! :dance3:

12. KnightRail

KnightRail New Member

Wow I got off the Magic on December 8th and still got the backpack...I like this one much better. Hopefully they'll have it for my Wonder cruise in June! :)

13. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 New Member

I have seen a lot of mixed reports from cruisers around the same time frame. I wonder if they are replacing the new tote as inventory on the back pack is depleted.

14. joecatz

joecatz New Member

was on the same ship, had the same problem, and got a new one. Apparently theres an issue. I'd call the castaway club line and complain and my guess is they'll send you a new one. We were in concierge and Ashley basically told me that guest services let him know that there was an issue.

15. joecatz

joecatz New Member

Yup. all new saiings on all ships get the totes now.

16. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

I just got the backpack a couple of weeks ago on the Wonder. Looks like I'll have something new to look forward to next time. :)

17. Rambler5678

Rambler5678 New Member

The new bag is not very good. The rope handles pull out easily. Everyone I talked to on our cruise didnt like them.

18. Time2go2disney

Time2go2disney DVC 1999

19. Time2go2disney

Time2go2disney DVC 1999

Nope ...... Just got off Wonder yesterday and was given the Backpack............ Not all ships yet!

20. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher New Member

Can't decide whether we'd prefer another backpack or the new bag. Guess we'll wait and see what's on the Wonder!

21. ludari

ludari New Member

As much as I was looking forward to a new castaway club member bag or gift I'm not impressed with this bag. At this point I still prefer the backpack.