NEW! California Grill Menu Like it or Not?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by hedberg1661, Aug 28, 2013.

?

Do you like the New California Grill Menu?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hedberg1661

hedberg1661 DIS Veteran

Do you like the New California Grill Menu? Please vote and leave comments.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ciera321

ciera321 DIS Veteran

I like the new menu, but will miss the Valrhona Chocolate Cake a lot! I'm looking forward to reading the reviews as they come in once the restaurant opens. I really think that the reviews will be just as good as they have been in the past. With so much emphasis on CG reopening, the chef has had a LOT of time to refine his menu and I can't wait to try it in May!!! There will definitely be seasonal changes to look forward to, also! :goodvibes

4. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

Disney has stayed the same for so long, I'm enjoying many of the new changes both in dining and ride/attractions etc., l

Looking forward to our next meal at the Cali Grill!

5. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

Where can the new menu be found? We have an ADR for Dec. 6th and can't wait!

6. AmyB2006

AmyB2006 I'd rather be in Disney!

I like what's on there, but again, wish there were more choices. Sadly it seems that Disney has watered down this menu like all the others to basic choices. Meat, chicken, fish, shellfish, vegetarian. It's seems if you like Beef, here's your option.

I miss the days of multiple choices of things on the menus.

7. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I agree!

But then most WDW restaurants are "entree challanged"--usually just one of each type of food (steak, seafood, etc) and everything on just one printed page.

So I voted "yes" inasmuch as I think I can find something I'll like. And after October 19, I'll let you know for sure!!l

8. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

I am very excited!!! I think the new menu looks fresh and new honestly I think it looks really fantastic!

9. Princess Katherine

Princess Katherine The Yeti's Girlfriend

Where can I find it?

Katie

10. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

One thing I've noticed watching Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, it's better to have a limited menu and make sure those items are top notch. Nice thing about a limited menu is the food turns over quickly so nothing is sitting around for very long meaning you get fresher ingredients.

Most of the totally disgusting places Gordon goes in to have huge menus.

11. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

I think it looks great. I also feel that it may not be complete and I look forward to the seasonal changes as well!

12. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

lugnut33:
    I see the point.

But then you go into a place and you want a steak. Well--just one option--filet or nothing. That NY strip you REALLY wanted is out the window.

Ditto for seafood--usually salmon --or nothing. That blackened swordfish you REALLY wanted is out of reach.

I think a 10 page menu is certainly too big--but a one page might be just a bit too limited.

13. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I think my meal is all coming from the appetizer side of the menu and I am excited!

Seriously most Disney menus seem to have better appetizers then entrees. (Of course folks have to PAY for them so.. LOL!)

14. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

Can someone please say where they found it or post a link? Thanks!

15. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I am very exctied by the new menu... :)

16. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

This is dated Aug. 2013, set to open 9/6, hope it's the new one:

Note: California Grill uses the freshest foods possible therefore the menu changes weekly.

* Vegetarian dish
    Appetizers

Oven-dried Tomato Flatbread - Beefsteak Tomatoes, Mozzarella di Bufala, Aged Balsamic $13.00

Three-Meat Signature Meatballs - Picholene Olives, Herbed Orzo, Chimichurri, Lavender Mint $15.00

Pork Pate Flatbread - Roasted Garlic, Mascarpone Cheese, Royal Trumpet Mushroom Chips $14.00

Baked Local Prawns - Charred Lemon, Blistered Baby Tomato and Cippolini Onion Relish, Watercress $20.00

Roasted "Surf & Turf" - New Smyrna Clams, Saffron-infused Fennel and Chorizo Butter, Bone Marrow $16.00

Duck in all its Glory - House-made Sausage, Rillettes, Prosciutto, Duck Liver Pate, Cranberry Compote $17.00

Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - Tomato-Fennel Broth, crispy Mushrooms, Tiny Basil, Benziger Estate Olive Oil $14.00
    Sushi

Tuna Four Ways - Poke, Tartare, Maki, Nigiri $26.00

Yuzu Marinated Sashimi - Yellowfin Tuna, Salmon, Hamachi, Snapper, Wasabi Oil $24.00

Dragon Roll - Spicy and Tataki tuna with shrimp tempura, bell pepper, avocado, and chili soy glaze $29.00

Spicy Kazan Roll - crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna and fireball sauce $26.00

California Combination Roll - jumbo lump crab with avocado and cucumber and shrimp tempura $24.00

Pork Belly Nigri - House-cured Pork, Bacon and Yuzu Rice, Spicy Teriyaki 22.00
    Soups and Salads

Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad - Baby Greens, Asian Pear, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, Wasabi Cream $17.00

Heirloom Tomatoes- Daily Variety with Grilled Bread, Baby Basil, ricotta, Blistered Shisito Vinaigrette $17.00

Baby Romaine - Roasted Garlic Dressing, Boquerones, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Brioche Croutons $15.00

Farmer's Salad - Season's Peak Vegetables, Soft-poached Organic Egg, Honey-Sherry Vinaigrette $16.00

Carrot and Cilantro Soup - Spiced Paprika Oil, Lime-blackened Halibut, Citrus-Coriander Bloom $12.00
    Entrees

Pork Two Ways - Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered Belly, Applesauce $37.00

Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Basil, Tomato Butter $49.00

Wild Columbia River Salmon - Zellwood Sweet Corn Pudding, crispy Salmon Cakes, spiced Saffron Broth $42.00

24-Hour Short Rib Filet - Caramelized Root Vegetables, Olive Oil Potato Puree, Red Wine Butter $40.00

Georges Bank Scallops - Homemade Potato Gnocchi, Smoked Pork, Grilled Onions, Rapini, Parmesan Foam $43.00

Bell & Evans Chicken - Teriyaki Barbecue Glaze, Truffle Macaroni & Cheese, Glazed Vegetables, Chicken Sausage $35.00

Heirloom Squash Ravioli - Root Spinach, Salsify, Petite Herb Salad, Sage Brown Butter, 15 year Balsamic $32.00

Pacific Halibut - Parsnip Silk, Roasted Heirloom Beets, Arugula, Macadamia Vinaigrette, Beet Syrup $42.00
    Desserts

Chef's Selection Cheese Board - Selection of Five unique Cheeses with Accompaniments $20.00

Chocolate Pudding Cake - Luscious Chocolate Cake with Nutella Filling, Meringue Kisses, and Mint Chantilly $13.00

Warm Homemade Fritters - Banana-stuffed, Cinnamon-dusted Fritters with Toasted Caramel Marshmallows complemented with a Trio of Dipping Sauces $12.00

Sundae Sampler - Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Caramel Corn, Coke Float, and Strawberry and Basil $12.00

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake - Meyer Lemon-Mascarpone Cheesecake, Ctirus Cookie, and Charred Meringue Clouds $12.00

Seasonal Tasting: Heirloom Apple - Apple Cupcake with Cream Cheese and Streusel, Warm-spiced Cider, Peanut Butter Caramel Apple, and Apple Cheddar Turnover with Compote and Cardamom Glaze $12.00
    Featured Wines

Heitz Wine Cellars Chardonnay, Napa $15.00

Honig Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa $17.00

Roederer Sparkling Brut, Anderson Valley NV $14.00

17. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

I really like the look of it, especially the appetisers and sushi menu

I'm pretty sure that there will also be a selection of specials - a seasonal vegetarian dish or fish of the day perhaps?

Looking forward to trying it :)

18. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

It's on Disney's website.

19. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

I'm thinking I'll have the meatballs and ravioli from the appetizer menu and then ALL the desserts! ha!

20. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

Looking forward to our dinner on Sept. 14th. CG is our favorite Disney restaurant.

21. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I didn't vote. I like part of the menu, but not all. The appetizers & entrees look great to me. Unfortunately, I'm not at all impressed with the desserts. Since dessert is the most important course ;), I'm hoping they will turn out to be less carnival like than they sound. Most of the desserts would make great kid's desserts though.