New BWV Avail for Summer/Fall

I see that a standard view 1 bedroom is still available for our dates. It makes me nervous to switch. I am so afraid that is a glitch. Of course earlier this week I canceled my BWV waitlist as we decided to keep our BLT reservation. These decisions drive me crazy!

I think BWV owners are moving to other resorts like the Poly. I don't think completed rehabbed rooms would open availability with other that need rehabbing would just replace the completed set.

I think BWV owners are moving to other resorts like the Poly. I don't think completed rehabbed rooms would open availability with other that need rehabbing would just replace the completed set.
No. Dozens of dates and times opened up suddenly the other day in the 11 o'clock hour. I personally know from checking the board constantly that several Oct/Nov dates that opened were dates the Poly, and everything but SSR, was already booked.

The move to the Poly for the dates that opened up at BWV happened weeks ago. I agree that DVC has opened up more rooms for booking and it relating to the refurb makes the most sense.

Very interesting information.
I'm wondering how this all came about. Since DVC sells a set number of points for a set number of units, how can they add and remove units to inventory? If DVC took units out of circulation, there wouldn't be enough rooms for all the people who bought BWV points. How was that supposed to work?

I'm wondering how this all came about. Since DVC sells a set number of points for a set number of units, how can they add and remove units to inventory? If DVC took units out of circulation, there wouldn't be enough rooms for all the people who bought BWV points. How was that supposed to work?
Maintenance would be covered by the 2% of points that Disney is required to hold back.

Maintenance would be covered by the 2% of points that Disney is required to hold back.
Normally. That's for isolated rooms for issues like plumbing problems, etc. In this case, BWV is undergoing a major rehab and so there were probably many more rooms blocked than normal. The best explanation for the sudden avail is that they likely released some of those holds.

I had the same experience. I had a two bedroom at BWV garden view for Thanksgiving week and had to waitlist our last two nights. I stalked daily. All of a sudden, about two weeks ago, every size room, in every category became available and not only for the nights I waitlisted, but for the entire nights nights we were there. So, not only did I grab a stay in the same room for our entire stay, but I grabbed the standard view instead to save on points.

I will say, I was very concerned it was a glitch but I did it anyways. I've been checking my reservations every day since I did this and it's still there! It was just so weird the way they all showed up.

Disney cannot sell more points than would fill the rooms for the year. However, there are allowed temporary exceptions to having those rooms available to members during the year, including times when the rooms are under repair or refurbishment, i.e., it is an allowed shortage. What has likely happened is that more rooms are being opened now than were anticipated to be available when the 11 and even 7 month windows opened because the refurb is going quicker than anticipated.

Disney cannot sell more points than would fill the rooms for the year. However, there are allowed temporary exceptions to having those rooms available to members during the year, including times when the rooms are under repair or refurbishment, i.e., it is an allowed shortage. What has likely happened is that more rooms are being opened now than were anticipated to be available when the 11 and even 7 month windows opened because the refurb is going quicker than anticipated.

Thanks. That is interesting to know.

But what would have happened if Disney didn't open these rooms up? Would several BWV owners not have been able to use their points this year? Or is Disney simply relying on the fact that X number of points go unused per year anyway.

Airfares recently came out, so we decided to fly in a night early. I just added the Monday night of Thanksgiving week to our trip by booking 2 studios (1 boardwalk view, 1 garden/pool). We have a 2BR standard view booked for the rest of the week. We don't mind having a different room the 1st night, especially as it's at the same resort--and we'll have a BW view for the first time ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter