new blog: What’s New in the Rumor Mill for Walt Disney World?

Thanks Leah! To add to this, this is another idea I gave to Pete. I started off with a basic formula, but I feel it will evolve over time. PLEASE give feedback, opinions, questions, anything of that nature. What rumor most interests you? Any questions(or information!) is helpful!

Enjoyed reading this Tommy. :surfweb:

While you have your ear to the ground, Val & I would be particularly interested in DVC developments. We know the GF is under construction right now and are wondering when that will be open. Even more intriguing to us would be where the next DVC is.

As always, we are very interesting in ongoing coverage of what may be coming to PI.

Very interesting! I love this stuff. I'm a little disappointed that they might go small with Avatarland-I'd like to see them do something big and fabulous with Animal Kingdom.

Enjoyed reading this Tommy. :surfweb:

While you have your ear to the ground, Val & I would be particularly interested in DVC developments. We know the GF is under construction right now and are wondering when that will be open. Even more intriguing to us would be where the next DVC is.

As always, we are very interesting in ongoing coverage of what may be coming to PI.

Glad you enjoyed it! What I've heard regarding DVC recently was 1) a FW DVC, possibly in the location of River Country and 2) a Poly DVC wing

Apparently the GF and FW DVC were both in line and GF jumped FW in line. They did do site work though and had some plans out there on the internet. The Poly DVC wing is the last thing I heard regarding other projects. DVC sometimes gets put at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to the rumors because people tend to focus heavily in the parks. I'll try to keep DVC in mind when doing research though! Regarding PI, I have a story to break, but I'm trying to get confirmation from additional sources. While I trust the source who told me, I don't want to rely only on one person for such an important topic.

limace - I am not a huge fan of the Avatar movies. Was it good? sure, was it Potter? absolutely not. BUT if they focus on the experience of the world and not on the Avatar brand as much, I think it could be very well done. I look at a ride like Splash Mountain, being based on Song of the South which the large majority have not seen(including me) becoming a classic Disney ride. It will certainly be interesting to see WHAT comes from Avatarland. Although the rumor is it has been scaled down, that doesn't mean there couldn't be some great additions to DAK sort of loosely tied with Avatarland. I might do a piece on that as we get more details :cool1:

Of course, I know that venturing into the rumor mill is going to inevitably lead to disagreement with things from some people. I can only report what reliable people are saying. I can't control Disney's minds and in many cases things do change before they are made public(or even after!).

I don't know if this was the "FW DVC" rumor, but it was running around last year or the year before that they were seriously looking at the area between WL and FW for a DVC or combo resort, perhaps dusting off old blue sky plans for a western-themed resort called "Buffalo Junction".

There were alternate rumors that River Country would be completely demolished, or would be rebuilt as part of the new resort or shared with FW. But there have been many posts from people over the years claiming to be working for a contractor who was going to rebuild RC, etc.

I love having this "inside ear" view of the rumors though!

I didn't love the Avatar movie, either, even though I'm a huge sci fi fan. However, it's a beautiful world, so I think it has a lot of potential to make a gorgeous and engaging area of the park-I like that it's completely different.

Thommy....do keep your ear to the ground....I love hearing all the news...even if it doesn't come to realization...it's nice to know that Disney is still in the business of Imagination !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter