New Blog: Starbucks to Replace the Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom

Personally I enjoy Starbucks coffee, though not their prices!

My only concern, their pastry goods are often stale. In fact one of the stalest croissants I've ever purchased was at Starbucks, it ticked me off so bad, I drove back to complain and return it! I told the Mgr. that at $4-$5 for latte's etc the least they could do is have fresh pastries! The only decent thing I've ever had, the lemon iced pound cake and the Marbled Chocolate pound cake! They have lousy scones, at least the 3 or 4 locations around work/home!And the sandwiches aren't any better!

One can only hope that if they are to replace a well known/loved bakery shop that they will be forced to do much better!

Hopefully no one will mess with the Boardwalk bakery!
YES, i agree with you about the nasty croissants at starbucks. Theyre awful! Their pastries arent very good. I hope to god they have decent pastries in the new location!

The point is that Nescafe has had a store on Main Street in basically the same way that Starbucks will. Starbucks is replacing Nescafe, so why did you prefer Nescafe?
Oh wow, i didnt know that nescafe had a store on main st. This mustve been a long time ago.

YES, i agree with you about the nasty croissants at starbucks. Theyre awful! Their pastries arent very good. I hope to god they have decent pastries in the new location!

Oh wow, i didnt know that nescafe had a store on main st. This mustve been a long time ago.

what are the characteristics that differentiate "having a store" from being a sponsor with product served prominently like Edy's or Nescafe?

Well, I for one am excited. As someone who brings her own Starbucks every trip and weeps at the lack of decent coffee in the Parks, I'm happy to see it happen.

I trust Disney to have it blend in.. and I'm sure they will make room for all the beloved baked goods. They'd be foolish not to.

*NikkiBell* said:
Personally, I'm worried that Casey's will become a Nathan's.

I would be all about Casey's serving Nathan's dogs - they stopped serving a quality product years ago!

Not that I'm for Starbucks replacing Main Street Bakery.

In 1974 it was a Sahara Lee store. Nobody doesn't like Sahara Lee. My point is things change as Walt would say "we're plus-sing it"

It will be so nice to get a good cup of Joe (my opinion).

Magic Kingdom in 1974

Take a look as some of the other corporate sponsors in 74, Coke, Hallmark, Bordens Ice Cream, Oscar Mayer. Seem like Frontier land was Pepsi & Frito Lay

I for one am ecstatic for real coffee:cool1:

I'm sure Disney will make it look absolutely fabulous.....Now if they can only replace that nescrape'....ahem....
Kerri

Will it still be called Main St Bakery thou? Probably not. It will be themed to match main st, thats fine. But what will they be selling? Thats what everyone is worried about. If they keep most of the same treats, that would be great. But until it happens, I wont get my hopes up too high. Im keeping my fingers crossed until then thou.

Yes, it will more than likely still be called Main St Bakery. As I've said dozens of times, the statement released clearly said Main St Bakery is closing for a refurbishment. This is different to the Fountain View location which is closing and becoming something else.

Yes, this!!! DH and I HATE Starbuck's and everything it stands for. Freaking $4 for a Large Coffee?!??! Are you freaking kidding me? Even their hot chocolate sucks.

So upset by this, it's making me nauseous. :(

I'm sorry that this is so upsetting to you. For an example, currently at WDW when you buy an iced coffee, it's $4. You get 16oz in 3 different flavour options. Starbucks however offer you 31oz for $4 and you get 4 different flavours plus extra ones around the holidays. I don't see how Starbucks is that expensive. :confused3

Disney_Princess83 said:
Yes, it will more than likely still be called Main St Bakery. As I've said dozens of times, the statement released clearly said Main St Bakery is closing for a refurbishment. This is different to the Fountain View location which is closing and becoming something else.

The article I read said nothing about a "refurbishment". Had I read that MSB was simply getting a makeover, I wouldnt have panicked. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I'm sorry that this is so upsetting to you. For an example, currently at WDW when you buy an iced coffee, it's $4. You get 16oz in 3 different flavour options. Starbucks however offer you 31oz for $4 and you get 4 different flavours plus extra ones around the holidays. I don't see how Starbucks is that expensive. :confused3

it's the mysterious stuff that starbucks stands for that she hates in addition to the price which she vastly overstated.

I'm finding it a bit funny that in 6 years of membership here and less than 300 posts you've chosen to post so many times on this one thread. You've gotten quite defensive of the Starbucks brand and I'm unsure why. We're all entitled to our opinions. Some prefer Nescafe, some Starbucks, others DnD... and some hate them all. No biggie.

Also, the baked goods - we know what we've been told, but reality and vision don't always match up... it's a wait and see game. I just hope they keep the giant cinnamon rolls where one can feed an army :)

... am also curious how they'll restructure the line so the area we wait for our drinks in does not interfere with seating or the line. Guess I should examine the DCA version some more.
b
You should see her on the "other" Starbucks thread. She is totally obnoxious and very defensive about eh hem Starbucks.

I agree with posters here, Starbucks coffee is horrible. It's bitter and tastes burnt. Someone said I should try their other gourmet drinks which I may, but their coffee is outrageously expensive and lacking in taste in MY OPINION.

b
You should see her on the "other" Starbucks thread. She is totally obnoxious and very defensive about eh hem Starbucks.

I agree with posters here, Starbucks coffee is horrible. It's bitter and tastes burnt. Someone said I should try their other gourmet drinks which I may, but their coffee is outrageously expensive and lacking in taste in MY OPINION.

what is "eh hem" starbucks?

I really am very sorry that my post count is not high enough for your taste and that my posting is suspicious. when you had 280 posts, was your posting suspicious?

I really am very sorry that my post count is not high enough for your taste and that my posting is suspicious. when you had 280 posts, was your posting suspicious?

This thread is becomming nasty,could we all please grow up? I like starbucks and for me it's a treat. We all have are own tastes and i don't belive that MSB is going away.

freshmanjs said:

Im thinking youre a Starbucks employee. Why else would you be so passionate and defensive about this?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Im thinking youre a Starbucks employee. Why else would you be so passionate and defensive about this?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

i am not a starbucks employee. i'm sure you won't believe me but i don't work in any type of retail industry.

i am passionate about this because i think it is a cool addition to the parks and i don't like the hysteria that some are displaying.

if i were a starbucks employee, i'd hope they would fire me. they should not want reps of their brand posting on these boards. that would be a really bad idea.

by the way, i don't particularly like starbucks. i'd have the exact same reaction if it were mcdonalds coming back or dunkin or whatever other brand.

I'm not a Starbucks employee but I do like Starbucks. Liking their coffee or not is actually entirely irrelevant. It would be like me saying "I don't like the Cinnamon rolls" so Disney should get rid of them.

Freshmanjs isn't defending having Starbucks in the parks anymore rigorously then others are protesting its presence.

At the end of the day, all these threads, posts, blog posts, petitions are irrelevant. Starbucks is coming to WDW!

i am not a starbucks employee. i'm sure you won't believe me but i don't work in any type of retail industry.

i am passionate about this because i think it is a cool addition to the parks and i don't like the hysteria that some are displaying.

if i were a starbucks employee, i'd hope they would fire me. they should not want reps of their brand posting on these boards. that would be a really bad idea.

by the way, i don't particularly like starbucks. i'd have the exact same reaction if it were mcdonalds coming back or dunkin or whatever other brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!