New Blog: Starbucks to Replace Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom - UPDATED 11/10!

Starbucks is just another vendor, like Mc Donalds. It is really a logically place for it. I personally get coffee before I hit the parks. I am not up for a $22.00 cup of ground tree parts and Florida's finest water with some white hydrogenated vegetable oils on top.

Oh! Touché!

But was that the early 1900s that Main Street is modeled after? ;)

They oldest train was built in 1916, not exactly the early 1900's, and the youngest was built in 1928. I also do not think that the town of Marceline had an Asphalt paved Main Street.

k5jmh said:
I personally get coffee before I hit the parks. I am not up for a $22.00 cup of ground tree parts and Florida's finest water with some white hydrogenated vegetable oils on top.

Where do you get coffee from? Just curious.

The whole reason I visit Disney World is precisely to get AWAY FROM the outside world, and enter make-believe. The LAST THING I want to see on my trip is a Starbucks on Main Street. :crazy2:

Really, is this the best that WDW can offer?

Let me ask you all something...

What is up with Disney not being able to brew its own kick-butt fresh ground coffee? It's not rocket science. For goodness sakes, we have Soarin' and we can't get something as simple as fresh brewed coffee and coffee drinks?

Before I'd allow a Starbucks I would put a commercial Keurig machine in Main Street Bakery and call it a day. :coffee:

Quite simply...I'm disgusted with this. The magic is slowly disappearing.

Just a quick question on this has it been said anywhere that they are changing the menu other then adding the Starbucks beverages? Because as I understand from the DCA one Disney dictated what food they serve rather then Starbucks.

I predict that the lines will be enormous.

While this may upset some fans, this is going to be very popular.

k5jmh said:
The Swan/Dolphin (We have refillable mugs :rolleyes1), Mc Donalds, Press Pots, or we bring our own.

McDonald's coffee is as bad as the Nescafé. I don't eve use their free coupons!!

I like Starbucks. Glad it is coming, wish it would be there before January!

It has been a while since I went to MSB but if the food there was the quality of the food at Starring Rolls, Starbucks will be an improvement. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed stopping at Starring Rolls, but it was more because they had brewed coffee than for the food. I'm for anything that improves the food - and serves decent coffee.

There is a Bakery on Main Street?? :rotfl2:

I am confused. :confused3
I don't drink coffee, but I have heard many complaints from people that they don't like Disney World coffee. I also know many people who do like Starbucks coffee.

Maybe Disney is trying to give people what they want? pixiedust:

McDonald's coffee is as bad as the Nescafé. I don't eve use their free coupons!!

I like Starbucks. Glad it is coming, wish it would be there before January!

You must be going to the wrong McDonalds. :rotfl2: I find their coffee a decent replacement while traveling. Muuuuch better than the Coma Coffee served at WDW.

k5jmh said:
You must be going to the wrong McDonalds. :rotfl2: I find their coffee a decent replacement while traveling. Muuuuch better than the Coma Coffee served at WDW.

Lol, could be! It is beyond icky!! My kids dint even like the sweet ones :/ But I hate the wdw coffee too!

I'm partial to dd. not in love, but partial.

Since Mc Donald's came out with the premium coffee it is acceptable, before that though it was as bad as Disney's. I agree about the sweet ones with all the flavors, they are tooooooooooooooooo sweet, but their regular coffee is very decent.

I used to love DD, but they changed something, it isn't as good as it used to be and DD's aren't consistent, one DD is good, another is weak. That's one of the things I like about Starbucks, no matter which one I go to it tastes the same.

I agree the Starbucks in MK is going to be very popular....I just want it to be popular somewhere other than in the MSB. I still say Terrace Noodle Nothing is the spot for it.

WaltD4Me said:
I used to love DD, but they changed something, it isn't as good as it used to be and DD's aren't consistent, one DD is good, another is weak. That's one of the things I like about Starbucks, no matter which one I go to it tastes the same.

I agree the Starbucks in MK is going to be very popular....I just want it to be popular somewhere other than in the MSB. I still say Terrace Noodle Nothing is the spot for it.

I agree 100%. Well said.

No one goes to Starbucks for their pastries which are unremarkable at best. If this tired selection is what is offered at WDW, I will not be alone in opting for a Venti and skipping the pastry altogether. Always glad for a good cup of coffee.

Kevin the place is already packed as is, at least it is every time I am there.

I'm not suggesting that the place isnt already crowded.

I'm suggesting that no matter how much folks disapprove, this is still going to be popular...if not more popular, as it's something guests recognize.

I'm not suggesting that the place isnt already crowded.

I'm suggesting that no matter how much folks disapprove, this is still going to be popular...if not more popular, as it's something guests recognize.

So all the more reason not to put it in MSB no? I agree the SB in DLR does look nice and is well themed, but it doesn't seem like there is as large a space for it using MSB. Since the line there already goes out the door sometimes, imagine what it'll be like adding time consuming to make drinks to the mix? SB people are aware and used to this, but it's going to stink and possibly be a deterrent for the folks just wanting a cinnamon roll or ice cream cookie sandwhich. So why not a different location and thus two places earning good revenue?

So all the more reason not to put it in MSB no? I agree the SB in DLR does look nice and is well themed, but it doesn't seem like there is as large a space for it using MSB. Since the line there already goes out the door sometimes, imagine what it'll be like adding time consuming to make drinks to the mix? SB people are aware and used to this, but it's going to stink and possibly be a deterrent for the folks just wanting a cinnamon roll or ice cream cookie sandwhich. So why not a different location and thus two places earning good revenue?

Because location counts. Starbucks isn't going to pay Disney the money it has paid and then settle for the noodle station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter