new blog: Review: Disneyland Adventures for Xbox 360

DS mentioned an X Box but with already having a Wii and PS3, I thought now way. Hmmm.....:idea:

I would sell my 360 a few months before this comes out. Guess I should start saving for a new one.

I've been playing this game on and off for the past two days. Getting the controls down takes a few minutes. Then it is just pure fun. When I'm playing it, I feel like I'm 10 years old all over again and have a giant grin on my face that won't go away. Easy and tricky at the same time. I'm puzzled about the Mad Hatter's photo album quest. I've gotten 2 out the 3 photos figured out but now I'm stuck. If you love Disneyland, I think you'll find the game is simply amazing!!! PS - I bought the XBox just for this game and I don't regret it.

We just came back from a fall trip to Disneyland in October. DD6 has asked for this game for Christmas. We have the xbox but not the kinect...guess we're getting a kinect! :)

I've been playing this game on and off for the past two days. Getting the controls down takes a few minutes. Then it is just pure fun. When I'm playing it, I feel like I'm 10 years old all over again and have a giant grin on my face that won't go away. Easy and tricky at the same time. I'm puzzled about the Mad Hatter's photo album quest. I've gotten 2 out the 3 photos figured out but now I'm stuck. If you love Disneyland, I think you'll find the game is simply amazing!!! PS - I bought the XBox just for this game and I don't regret it.

The pixie dust should lead you there and there will be a light blue circle with arrows pointing in the direction you should take the picture.

Jenny, I'm getting the same request from my ds(11). He HAS to have the x-box kinect for Christmas. It's all he wants. We already have a Wii, and he has a PSP and Nintendo DSLite which he never uses since all he really wants to do waste hours playing Minecraft on the computer. :badpc: I'm so tired of all the gaming... :sad2:

But after reading this review, I'm tempted to get the x-box and Disney game for myself for Christmas. :santa: Ho Ho Ho!

The pixie dust should lead you there and there will be a light blue circle with arrows pointing in the direction you should take the picture.
Thanks so much! I've seen this magical blue Pixie Dust but didn't realize it was the clue to what I'm looking to find. Now I'm going to have to hurry up and get ready so I can try to "go to Disneyland" before work this morning. :yay:

Yesterday after lunch, a coworker asked when I was going back to Disneyland and I said, "Actually, I went there on my lunch hour today," and then proceeded to tell him all about the new game. I'm sure folks at work think I'm nuts, but I don't even care. I love Disneyland!!!!

We've had a chance to try this game out, and it is really too bad that it is a Kinect game only - it would be nice for others who have other gaming systems to be able to play it, yet I see merit in the Kinect system for this game, how you can control your player.

Here are some of our thoughts on it:

1.) Why do they have a paper train ticket for the guide rather than Tinkerbell?
2.) Why do all of the characters talk? In Disneyland Parks, only a select few can talk, so it's really weird to hear some speaking, lol.
3.) How come the ride 'games' don't really resemble the rides? It would be nice to play a game that was on a virtual track, say, as opposed to wide flowing streams of water for Splash Mountain. That being said, the games are very pleasant/fun to play! :)
4.) How on EARTH did they get everything in the park exactly right? My kids seriously want to know, and so do I! Did they film it first, then animate the film? The details are far too intense to have been 'drawn' to scale, we feel.
5.) How come there is no piano at the coke corner? LOL.
6.) The music - is SPOT ON! Totally takes you right there. Amazing soundtracks. Also - the people walking by - they have some interesting/cool things that they talk about.
7.) I love how the crowds part for you, to let you through.

4.) How on EARTH did they get everything in the park exactly right? My kids seriously want to know, and so do I! Did they film it first, then animate the film? The details are far too intense to have been 'drawn' to scale, we feel.

One of the ladies working the media booth at the D23 Expo told me that they had a CM who worked in janitorial play the game and notice that a trash can was missing....so they wrote down the location and sent it to the programmers. :rotfl:

Jenny, I'm getting the same request from my ds(11). He HAS to have the x-box kinect for Christmas. It's all he wants. We already have a Wii, and he has a PSP and Nintendo DSLite which he never uses since all he really wants to do waste hours playing Minecraft on the computer. :badpc: I'm so tired of all the gaming... :sad2:

But after reading this review, I'm tempted to get the x-box and Disney game for myself for Christmas. :santa: Ho Ho Ho!

Callie, he's just begging for one. He uses his DSI and all his gagdets so that's the issue. Amazon is having their Buy One , Get 40% off a game today (selected games). I got the new Disney game and FIFA 12 both for the Wii. That will stop me from buying the XBox :hyper:

One of the ladies working the media booth at the D23 Expo told me that they had a CM who worked in janitorial play the game and notice that a trash can was missing....so they wrote down the location and sent it to the programmers. :rotfl:

Wow, that is totally awesome. Way to go, Disney!! The game programmers really did a fabulous job. :worship:

Callie, he's just begging for one. He uses his DSI and all his gagdets so that's the issue. Amazon is having their Buy One , Get 40% off a game today (selected games). I got the new Disney game and FIFA 12 both for the Wii. That will stop me from buying the XBox :hyper:

You got the game being discussed here for the Wii and another or a sponsored Disney game and another. I have not been able to find this above game for another platform other than the 360.? The game is being put together by Microsoft(or contracted programmers) not Disney

Jack

You got the game being discussed here for the Wii and another or a sponsored Disney game and another. I have not been able to find this above game for another platform other than the 360.? The game is being put together by Microsoft(or contracted programmers) not Disney

Jack

I think Renta is saying that she bought Disney Universe (which is a recent release) for the Wii. We already have that, and I have NO interest in playing it.

My kids would kill me if I sold the Wii to pay for the 360/kinect.

I am selling the Wii on CL as of a few minutes ago to finance the 360...
I am crazy.

Jack

Yes. You are. :rotfl:

I think Renta is saying that she bought Disney Universe (which is a recent release) for the Wii. We already have that, and I have NO interest in playing it.

My kids would kill me if I sold the Wii to pay for the 360/kinect.

:thumbsup2 Exactly. I bought Disney Universe. I just can't justify another gaming system. My kids love the Wii and so do I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter