new blog: Historic Orange Bird Flies Out of the Archives and back to the Magic Kingdo

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterLeah, May 2, 2012.

1. WebmasterLeah

WebmasterLeah Administrator Administrator Moderator

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sparkie

Sparkie DIS Veteran

I am LOVING the blog!!

My first Disney trip was in 1979 and I remember that cute little bird. So I cant wait to reunite this summer and share an Orange Bird Straw sippy cup with my grandkids.

4. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

I don't remember Orange Bird but I'm all for bringing him back to suggest something healthy - like oranges. :)

5. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

I always associate the bird with Anita Bryant. I know it's not fair to the poor little birdie...and he's cute...but I just don't like him.

There. I finally said it on the boards. I have an grudge against the little orange bird.

:faint:

6. The Running Ann

The Running Ann Mouseketeer

What I remember from that time is the orange-flavored drink that came in the plastic "orange" container. They came with a hard plastic straw as I recall. I believe that they were sold from a cart, where they were invitingly displayed atop ice. Does anyone know if it was part of the same promotion?

7. The Running Ann

The Running Ann Mouseketeer

Actually, I think I just answered my own question by looking at the final photograph on the blog post. It is not exactly what I remember, but close enough! I have to say that I don't remember the swirl at all. I enjoy it when they use some of the retro items.