New Beginnings:WISHES- come join

We did away with soda as well. I say on the Today show that it leads to heart disease and with my family history, I don't need any other factors added to genetics. We have been drinking flavored sparkling water, which helps with the need for the carbonation. I find I drink lots more water if it is really cold (hides the flavor :lmao: ).

How much water are you drinking a day? I am trying to increase my water intake, but I don't like water!:guilty:

Probably not enough...I don't like the plain test...so I mix it w/ those crystal light pouches.. I am done to one soda a day... my kids don't nor DH drink much soda.. now my sboys on the other hand.. gee wheeez! my gosh.. We have to nearly put a lock on the fridge!

I've recently begun drinking Vitamin Water, although I drink quite a bit of regular water anyway. I've always been a big water drinker, so adding more water won't help me lose weight. It will only make me pee more. ;)

Whew! One mile in 19 minutes. As soon as I cool down a little, I surely need to hop in the shower.

Mys sister took a nutrition class in college and the teacher said to drink one ounce for every ounce you weigh then you will wiegh than you will lose wieght but I know I would be drowning if I tried to do that.

Rebecca

for every OUNCE YOU WEIGH? OMG!!! That's like 4000 ounces for me!!! YUCK!

Even if it's every pound, that's still alot of water. I have a TON to lose!

I walked with my friend yesterday..my knee is killing me today, and so is her achillies, so we are skipping today. Going to the beach this weekend, and planning some sand walking, and swimming...

How many calories does :laundy: burn? I'm doing 6 loads today b/f I get to leave...sheesh...

Sorry Debbie, thanks for catching my mistake it is for every pound you weigh.

Rebecca

:laundy: has to burn some.. the constant bend/twist/ lift... it's almost like toe-touches.. maybe so I can fit mine in .. since I have clothes to clean.. CC meets & soccer games tomorrow..so the stinky uniforms from the game last night... (don't want to eliminate the competition due to odor.. wait! wait! maybe I do.. :( ) I'll incorporate toe-touches before and after each load...
I need to go do some stair laps after lunch... I'd walk today but the chance of rain... it looks nasty... so I know the minute I get half way through it'll downpour... :(

Sorry Debbie, thanks for catching my mistake it is for every pound you weigh.

Rebecca

Whew (didn't mean to point anything out :flower3: , just was really hoping it was a type-o)...but even so, it's still alot of water in my case... My body isn't going to know what to do with it all. Guess it's something you have to work up to? :confused3

Learn something new on the DIS every day!! I started drinking after I read that... so far it's OK...

I only did one lap today, 1.6 miles. It is wicked humid here today and even that early it was unpleasant for DD. I see my chiro today so I'm going to ask him about Curves or Butterfly life. But I still have to find daycare.

One ounce per pound? Holy cow that's a lot of water. I might have to move my desk into the bathroom if I do that.

Ok, I'm researching this because it just doesn't add up.

So, some info I found says:

Overweight people should drink an extra 8 ounces per 25 lbs. of excess weight they carry. This is in addition to the 8 8oz glasses you should already drink.

At the International Sports Medicine Institute, they have a formula which is: 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight if you're not active (that's 10 8oz glasses if you weigh 160) and 2/3 ounce per pound if you're athletic. (13-14 glasses at the same weight.)

Overweight people should drink an extra 8 ounces per 25 lbs. of excess weight they carry. This is in addition to the 8 8oz glasses you should already drink.

At the International Sports Medicine Institute, they have a formula which is: 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight if you're not active (that's 10 8oz glasses if you weigh 160) and 2/3 ounce per pound if you're athletic. (13-14 glasses at the same weight.)

I LOVE water, drink about six 12 ounce bottles a day, rarely drink much else. It doesn't matter if it is cold, warm, or even hot from sitting in the car, but I doubt I could drink 13-14 glasses per day. OY

I was really good yesterday. We were clamming, and I used the time to water aerobics (while searching for clams). Must have looked really funny cause DH was wishing he had a video camera :rotfl2:

Tomorrow supposed to walk with my BFF (unless it's raining).

I did my mile on the tread mill today. I didn't yesterday, but we walked so much at the corn festival on Friday and yesterday that I'm sure I was well over my mile.
I'm down to 17 minutes for the mile. I'm hoping to get to 15 without killing myself.

Can I join in? for me, it's less weight loss and more getting back in shape after having Owen. I've dropped most of the weight, but it has completely rearranged itself. No surprise, but I'm going to try and encourage it back into a more pleasing arrangement.

Water is one thing I'm good about. I started while pregnant and now I never seem to go anywhere without a bottle in my hand. I just keep refilling them. My advice, find a bottle you like that's easy to drink from. A straw or an easy open top. Then, keep it next to you. I find myself surprised often when it's suddenly empty.

Walking and more walking for me. My health plan sent me a pedometer after Owen was born. (What are they trying to tell me?) It's fun to see how far I go. Do I get bonus points for carrying him while I walk? 13-14lbs. of baby in a front carrier has got to burn extra calories.

I wish your DH had the camera, I bet it would have made a great scrapbook page.

I think holding 13-14 pounds should definitely burn extra calories. :thumbsup2
We tried to do the baby & me exercises after each boy was born, but they hated it. Not that I liked it any more than they did, but they really didn't like be man-handled or feeling like Mommy was going to squish them at any second.

My workout today is cleaning the kitchen. I sweat somethin' fierce when I do dishes. BLECH! Tomorrow I walk alone. My Brother has a DR appt and he still can't drive (stick shift) so mom has to drive him. Then she has an appt on Tuesday so walking again alone. I keep forgetting to ask my Chiro appt curves but I still need a sitter.

AWM I used to be able to walk a 10 minute mile in High school (not that long ago) now I'm about 20 pushing a stroller and 17-18 without.

Does anyone know if you can bring your kid to WW???

I have been to WW meetings where there were kids. Sometimes there is a mommy and me meeting too, have to check and see.

i am doing so terrible at this!!!!!!
i HATE water, so that's out. i only have one soda a day and would love to cut it out, but then what? water. yuck-o!
i have found that i don't have a second to myself. i get the man on the bus, go to work, come home to get him off at 11:30, lunch, back to work. back home, soccer, supper, bed! i'd love to start walking, but just can't seem to squeeze it in. i must be having a fat day! uuuggghhh.....

Do you stay at the soccer field with him? You could walk around the field while he is playing. This way you are still there with him and getting your exercise in. Have you tried the flavored waters? My eldest does NOT like plain water, but will drink the fruit2O stuff. No calories or bad stuff in it, so I count it as daily water to drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter