New Beauty & Beast Castle TS open late June 2012 !

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by pooh2001, Dec 26, 2011.

1. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

I hope there are characters - how exciting.
    With 500 seats and 3 rooms - lots of ADR's to be had.

My DD was "chip" in her school production of Beauty and the Beast.
    Such a geat memory.
    Beauty and the Beast is our must do show in DHS.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lumiere Lover

Lumiere Lover You can sleep after we leave WDW..

Thanks for the FANTASTIC news. I don't care if it is two TS credits, sign me up for December!!

Try the grey stuff it's delicious. Don't believe me ask the dishes!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

4. SLJ6974

SLJ6974 Mouseketeer

Thats music to Disney's ears.:laughing: I won't be eating there if it is a 2 TS credit. They can have it, but I will be there for a CS credit.

5. MoonFaerie

MoonFaerie DIS Veteran

Oooh, I'm excited! We had ruled out any character meals for next year (kids are gonna do a pirates cruise and wonderland tea party instead), but depending on the menu, I might change my mind for this. ;)

6. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Oh wow...I will HAVE to go there if it is open for our late July/early August trip! :goodvibes

7. MSLRAC

MSLRAC DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that it will not be actual characters but will have an animatronic Lumiere much like Remy. I would also be surprised if it is 2 credits because that just seems excessive with CRT literally right around the corner.

8. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

I hope you're right. With Crystal Palace and CRT, MK has enough character meals. It needs some regular TS restaurants for people who don't want the characters. Right now all it has is Tony's, the Plaza, and LTT, none of which we particularly care for. If we want TS we usually leave and go to one of the resorts. It'd be nice to be able to stay in the park.

9. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I read that it will have the animatronic Lumiere as well, but the article also gave the impression it will have live characters too. I'm guessing Belle, maybe even the Beast. It didn't explicitly say that though so I guess we'll see!

10. chrisw127

chrisw127 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I think you're right. As of a few months ago, it was definitely not slated to have live characters, just the animatronic Lumiere. I was told this directly from a Disney rep during some training I attended in August. The issue is actually how the restaurant is funded. Apparently each restaurant "pays" for its characters out of its overall budget and this one isn't slated to have live characters in the budget or it wasn't as of late summer.

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

According to what is going around there will be no costume characters, just possibly animatronics on the order of Remy, now appearing at Chefs de France. Not confirmed though.There is also no DDP credit info yet.

12. Hooves

Hooves Mouseketeer

I was wondering if they'd even put it on the 2012 dining plan?
    It's the only way we'd be able to do it!

13. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

if it's operated by Disney (and I believe it is - there are no third party restaurants in MK), the restaurant will be on the dining plan as soon as it opens. This year, almost all of the third party restaurants are on DDP as well.

14. jgperkin

jgperkin DIS Veteran

I just started a new thread on this because I didn't see this one.. :rolleyes1 so I am very sorry about that. We are also VERY interested in the details of this for our August 2012 trip.. :thumbsup2

15. tarheelmjfan

tarheelmjfan <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue>

I'd like to see a high quality restaurant in MK along the lines of Hollywood Brown Derby & Le Bistro. Unfortunately, I'm not really expecting that to happen, since MK restaurants can't serve alcohol. Most high quality restaurants do. I wish they'd surprise me though. If not, I'd settle for a restaurant with similar quality to most of the Epcot WS restaurants.

16. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

I am so excited....Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie and I am so getting an ADR for our September trip:cool1:. I can't wait to see all of the updates on this and also the menu :goodvibes.

17. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I hope i get to eat here some day. Hopefully in two years:lmao:

18. annabug

annabug DIS Veteran

I sure that the anticipated opening date is accurate!
    We arrive at the poly on July 4th!
    Looking forward to updates
    Annabug

19. annabug

annabug DIS Veteran

I sure Hope that the anticipated opening date is accurate!
    We arrive at the poly on July 4th!
    Looking forward to updates
    Annabug

20. Happy Mom2

Happy Mom2 DIS Veteran

I contacted Disney Dining yesterday and asked when they anticipated the opening of the restaurant, and was told they have not been given any information. When I told the cast member what the OP heard, he put me on hold to go check. When he came back he said they didn't know yet. :confused3 I sure hope it's opens sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

21. smampate

smampate Mouseketeer

I think this is going to be great!!!! Can't wait to book for our 2013 trip!!!