New batch of questions

Has any one flown wearing a device they can't turn off mine is a knock off of a fibit to be exact I wish I knew how to turn it off during take off and landing but I don't

Has any one flown wearing a device they can't turn off mine is a knock off of a fibit to be exact I wish I knew how to turn it off during take off and landing but I don't
Forget wearable, I had a cell phone that couldn't power off and couldn't disable the cell radio (the employer was switching to Android and somebody royally messed up in device configuration).

Don't make a big deal out of it, nobody cared then and they certainly care less now when you can leave phones on but in airplane mode during takeoff and landing. Any device that cannot be turned off has never been required to be turned off.

You only use a tiny bit of hand sanitizer at a time. I can't imagine you going through 3 oz before you arrive at your destination. Once you get there, you can just buy more. They are only about $1.

how can you let TSA know you need to go over the liguid amout for medical reasons I want to make sure I have enough hand sanitizer to get where I am going over night delays included

You only use a tiny bit of hand sanitizer at a time. I can't imagine you going through 3 oz before you arrive at your destination. Once you get there, you can just buy more. They are only about $1.

True but what about over night delays you can't tell me you have never spent the night in s airport

True but what about over night delays you can't tell me you have never spent the night in s airport
I can - I drove home and came back the next day. And my last overnight delay was pre-TSA, so what are you really planning for? Overnight delays only occur with badly scheduled flights, or with major IROPS anymore.

Plus, you can request your checked luggage back if you're delayed overnight, and the airport sells more hand sanitizer than I care to think about.

Where are you travelling to (and when) that you think there's a probability of being stuck overnight at an airport?

Even so, how often are you using that hand sanitizer? I took a 3 oz. bottle on my last trip, and still had some left when I came home 5 days later. If you're using more than a dime sized squirt each time, you're using too much.

CO and the King of changing his mind aka dad chaged the date to December 1st or2ed

Before eating and after bathroom use given if I touch soap I break out

Never have in YEARS of traveling. Once flight was canceled due to snow storm in late December and we were able to get to a hotel. As others have said it is only in extreme storms (blizzards, mechanical issues, etc when you are delayed by a day). People have repeatedly stated you can get hand sanitizer after security if you need more. Can't your husband carry-on some if you are that worried about running out. Sometimes it is best not to worry about the "what if this happens" and 'what if that happens'. In the past you were worried about flying on Halloween and there being a big snow storm then. Now it is the hand sanitizer. Just relax and don't worry about things like that. Life is too short. I'm sure if you ran out of hand sanitizer and the airport had a black Friday run on it some nice person would probably have some that you could use. Ask someone you are traveling with to take a bottle.

CO and the King of changing his mind aka dad chaged the date to December 1st or2ed

Before eating and after bathroom use given if I touch soap I break out

You also said upthread that you can use some brands of sensitive skin soap, these can be packed in your carry on. Honestly I would much rather use my own soap over hand sanitizer especially over a long period of time as I find the sanitizers harsh.

Last edited:
Houston vrs Atlanta

Going though Houston for the first time vrs Atlanta with a two hour layover how scared should I be because my freak out level is a 10

They sell hand sanitizer at the airports.
I use the 2oz ones that Target sells. I attach one to every carry on bag we are taking and I put one in the 3-1-1 bag.

Houston vrs Atlanta

Going though Houston for the first time vrs Atlanta with a two hour layover how scared should I be because my freak out level is a 10

Houston Hobby or George Bush International?

Dallas Fort Worth
I'm confused.
You asked for a comparison between Atlanta and Houston. Houston has two airports, Hobby (HOU) and George Bush (IAH). Which airport do we need to compare?

Are you starting at DFW? I can't think of anyone flying out of DFW who would normally connect through either Houston airport. There are a couple of operators at Love Field (DAL) which might connect at Hobby.

HOU is an easy connection. ATL is complicated, but quick. IAH is more complicated and not near as quick. Of course, that all depends if you airline operates out of multiple terminals.

Houston vrs Atlanta

I assume that one of your parents is making your flight reservations. Where are you leaving from? Where are you ending up? And where are you making your connection? So far you've said Atlanta, Houston, and DFW. Which is it?

And exactly why are you freaking out about one airport over another? Why on earth would you be scared of an airport? Are you flying unaccompanied?

I am sorry I said Houston I meant DfW
Which airline?

On American Airlines, you'll likely have to change terminals at DFW, but not at ATL. However, if something happens and they have to delay, change aircraft, or cancel your flight, they'll have more planes available to recover at DFW. Delta would be the exact opposite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter