New Balance - slip resistant?

SandrA9810

DIS Veteran
So I bought a quick pair of tred safe shoes from walmart to start my job. They're alright, they serve the purpose. My aunt also works in the food industry and purchased a pair fo SAS shoes, but can no longer wear them because she needs special support. So she sent them to me, and I've been wearing them for about a week. My feet are killing me. (which is the same thing that happened when I worked at Disney and it was the cause of the shoes). When I was at Disney, I found a really amazing pair of new balances, but they're not non skid.

I want to go back to new balance, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Do they even make black non-skids?
Is it a bad thing if SAS shoes are not working for me?? aren't they supposed to be one of the better support shoes?

I dont know of a NB shoe that is slip resistant. I wear Crocs bistro specfically for restaurants. They have another kind that is slip resistant too. My feet never really hurt except when I have been on them for hours and work days back to back. good luck!

We found NB slip resistant at RackRoom Shoes in VA. They were $60? way worth it for my DH who is a chef and on his feet about 10h a day. They look like black sneakers. He loves them.

thanks... I'll have to stop off at a few stores and look.
The NB that i wore were white 627. My aunt bought them for me in texas, and i spent a whole year searching for them here, but she wound up buying me my next pair for christmas. I had a couple pairs of other NB but they just weren't the same. I love them, and i've practically worn the soles off in the 2yrs i've been wearing them.
I don't usually work long shifts, but taking the bus, i do quite a bit walking and scooting. And sometimes i'll take the bus over to sea world for the afternoon and do a lot of walking there.

I hope these will work just as well. I don't get how they're non skid though i feel like i'm slipping and sliding on the tile all the time. I'd probably feel more sure footed in my old sneakers.

I always wore shoes that came from "Shoes for Crews". I couldn't tell you if the athletic ones were any good b/c I always wore the clogs but absolutely loved them. I worked 10 hour shifts and feet felt fine at the end of the day.

I would also try out Reebok to. They have slip resistant tennis shoes to. I know worn the soles off mind to. I wear New Balance to. Only New Balance and Reebok comes in extra width so those is the only shoes I can wear. I teacher and concession stand manager in the summer. I am on my feet all day.

Now if the weather get nice. I need go shoe shopping again. My tennis shoes look bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter