New and so excited!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by smorkovsky, Jun 30, 2013.

1. smorkovsky

smorkovsky Mouseketeer

Hi all,
    I'm Shelly, a newbie to the DIS Boards. I've always wanted to go to WDW, since I was a child myself, and I'm fairly certain I am as equally excited to go (probably more so) than any member of my family. My husband laughs at me constantly! Sometimes I get a little teary eyed just thinking about the magic that awaits my family!

We are planning our first trip next fall (9/2014). And because I'm so super type A, and forward looking, I'm here seeking advice from all you experienced WDW lovers. My boys will be 10 and 8 and my daughter will be almost 5 when we go next year. I want to plan like crazy, because I find that fun, and because my husband and I "roll" like that. I've already found the "chill, and have fun" advice valuable, because I do need to chill!

So far we've narrowed down our dates of arrival to "sometime in September," and our resort to AofA (but I haven't completely eliminated The Polynesian....I know, I know, HUGE difference!!), our length of stay to 6 nights, and our Park Passes to 3 Day Park Hoppers with WPFM add ons (skipping Animal Kingdom). I'm still avidly reading and searching for advice on theme parks, dining stuff, and touring the parks. I can't wait to learn from you all, so thanks in advance!! :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ParrotBill

ParrotBill Yo ho, yo ho, a parrot's life for me

Welcome Shelly! You are in good company with other "super planners" here. Lots of advice when you need it!

4. jesswindsor

jesswindsor DIS Veteran

Welcome!!!

5. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

:welcome:

Sept. is a great time to visit and AoA is wonderful! We stayed there last Oct. and loved it. :goodvibes

I'm like you the planning is part of the fun! That's why I maintain the 2013 Snacks thread even though I don't have our next trip planned yet. Hope it'll be in Jan. 2014.

6. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran