NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I can't remember who asked me about the availability of certain rooms when staying in Concierge, but in case anyone is interested, some 7th floor concierge rooms are connecting WITH bunks. (one room w/bunks & 1 queen bed, the other w/2 queen beds)

BTW ~ RF DEFINITELY has KK donuts!!! YUMMY!!

Kristy ~
I didn't know THAT's where you are going on your honeymoon!! I'll HAVE to send some PIXIE DUST your way;) : *~*~*~*~*

BluOrchid2 ~
Don't forget to add "WL VET" to your siggie!;)

Thanks Kimmar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey....check out the buttons I made for us this morning

fc11ef2b.jpg

Any recommended areas for courtyard view?

Is the kiddie pool near the main pool?

Any other things i should be asking as I plan away for our stay that i absolutely can't wait for!!!

From what I recall the kiddie pool and hot tubs are up some steps from the main pool, but still close together.

I haven't stayed in a courtyard room, but can't imagine that there's a bad one. The entire courtyard is so awesome you'll have a great view no matter what. However the closer to the lobby you are you will see more of the Silver Creek Falls and the closer to the end of the wings you are you will see more of the pool and geyser area.

I would think that if you're in the South wing close to the end on a top floor you might be able to see the MK fireworks. I think I've seen a couple of people post about this in the past.

I was wondering if anyone has used the pool at WL in the later part of Oct? We will be there Oct.19th-25th and want to know if it would be warm enough for a 7 yr and a 3 yr old child to use .
Thanks everyone

Wishing you a Disney Day

My DH and I are thinking about heading back to WDW for my birthday in September. I came here to post a couple of questions about the WL and I was surprised to find a whole WL thread. :)

1. What's the difference between a lodge view and a courtyard view?

2. I read in a guidebook that the walls were thin at the WL and you can hear noise from other rooms and the hallway. Is this true? My DH and I usually need to have the tv on (not loudly) in order to fall asleep and I wouldn't want to disturb anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Mad4Mickey,

We used the pool in late October quite a few times. It was great.

I would avoid swimming at night without bug spray on. I had quite a few noseeum bites.

BabyMo,

IMHO, the walls at WL are very thin. We could hear toilets flushing constantly, babies crying and the worst is the chairs being scraped across the balconies-it makes this awful noise like fingernails on a chalkboard. I think all of this can ba avoided by asking for a high floor or to be at the end of one of the wings. We had a courtyard view and looked out at the pool.

I just wanted to add: we loved the WL and while there was noise we wouldn't hesitate to go back there again. We would probably just stay higher up.

We always talk about how much we miss the lodge and how much we want to go back.

We were at the WL the first week of Nov. Even though the pool was heated it was too cold to get in. The whole time we were there I think I saw a total of ten people in the pool and that was mostly teenagers. Most people who got in got out very quickly. My dh and 7 yo ds got in the pool to go down the slide and decided to get out before they made it to the slide. They said it just wasn't warm enough. We spent alot of time in the hot tubs every day after returning from the parks. They were great!!! The weather was not cold while we were there, I'd say it was in the high 60s and low 70s. Very pleasant but too cool to swim even with a heated pool.

You guys!!! you mean to tell me WL has Krispy Kreme donuts and I MISSED THEM??? I had no idea, sorry for giving out the wrong information before. We were just there at the end of March/first of April, and I didn't see them! We were at RF every day, too! How could I have missed them????? OMG!

....listen, darlin', don't sweat it, you could very well be correct. Whenever AspiringCindy stayed at WL, the KK's were ALWAYS available. They were there, too, when I visited in August 2002. Maybe there was a delivery glitsch, or, perhaps, they don't offer them at WL any longer.....I especially LOVE 'em fresh out of the oven!

my dh and i just got back from a week at the wl and it was the most wonderful vacation ever. we got there about 10:00 a.m. and couldn't wait to walk into that majestic lobby. what a sight. check in was a breeze not many peopole there at that time, but i did notice more people checking in around 11:00a.m. to around 1:00p.m. oh and by the way, if you get chilly, the lobby and hallways were kept pretty cold, but i just brought a little jacket and i was fine.

we had a courtyard view in the southwing on the 5th floor by the end of the U by the main pool. what a view. previous posts were right though, the pool could get very noisey and stayed open until midnight. but that was exactly what my dh and i wanted. one of my favorite things to do was take a drink and sit out on the balcony and listen to all the laughter and watch the families having fun. it was the best.

anyway, i had called the front desk a few days earlier and asked if they could possibly have one of those towel animals waiting in the room for us. (my dh absolutely loves them and we stayed at POR in february and he saw them in the windows of other rooms, but we never got any.) the woman at the front desk noted it on our reservation and said she would check with mousekeeping but couldn't guarantee anything. well, when our room was ready, we went upstairs and i let my dh go in first and low and behold there was a cat and a dog towel animal facing one another on the bed. it was great, i wish i had a camera to take a picture of the look on my husband's face. just like a giddy kid.

speaking about thin walls, we did hear the people next to us a couple of nights, and we always heard families coming back at night walking down the hall. but that didn't bother us, we were on vacation. just laughed at some of the things the little kids would say to their parents.

babymo - you said that you need to keep the tv on at night to fall asleep, my dh is like that but what we did was bring our laptop (or a cd player) with us and we brought music. every night we would put a cd on and it was great. fell right to sleep. hope that is a help.

roaring forks was great, had a couple of small meals there, bought the cups (10.99) great deals. we ate at whispering canyon three times. that place is a hoot. the first night we had dinner there the waiter got all the men up and made them dance (in a chorus line) and sing "my little buttercup". i was laughing so hard. we had the all you can eat skillet for dinner (good but way too much, but good). the second night we didn't have priority seating andgot seated in about 30 minutes. i think if you want to be in the center of the action make sure you have priority seating. they sat us in the library room, it is quiter there and if you want to join in the fun i wouldn't recommend it. but it was just fine for us that night, my dh had a wonderful grilled tuna (the best).

transportation was good, the boat was great to the mk and we never waited any longer than 15 minutes for the bus (to epcot and animal kingdom), although they do stop at the grand floridian. but it was fine. the parks were not very crowded and we never waited more than 10 minutes to get on any rides.

the wl was pretty empty when we got there on thursday but filled up for the weekend, then emptied out again on monday.

just want to say that my dh and i love the wl and if we had the choice wouldn't stay anywhere else. it was such a great vacation, sitting in the lobby listening to the music and watching the people. we did take the lobby tour, had ranger stan, thought the tour was really good, and ranger stan was great, such a nice man.

p.s. there were these deer flies that would come around when i would sit on the balcony. the first day i went out one stung me on the ankle. i still have a welt. but it didn't stop me from sitting out there i just kep a watch out for them and just made sure i put on bug spray. after that it was fine.

anyway, wish i was back at the wl sitting on the balcony watching the people in the pool and looking out on bay lake. :D can't wait until december (we get to go again to see the holiday decorations, we have never been so this will be a treat). :D

At The risk of being flamed - I ask this question

Where are the outdoor designated smoking areas located at VWL & WL? We always abide by the rules and it is nice to know ahead of time where one must go to smoke.

Thank You

kimmar067,

i just have to say I JUST LOVE your picture of hugh jackman. what a doll. ;)

Hey Kimmar, just ound your "NEW" WL thread. Thanks so much for starting a new one.
Geez, we are already up to 4 pages, it wont be long until we hit 150 and you will have start a "NEW NEW" thread!!

Also, for those who inquired about the Roaring Forks menu, if you go to www.wdwig.com and go to Dining, Menus, there is the menu with prices for Roaring Forks.
I have used that site a lot to help me budget our upcoming meals.

...long time, no "read", girl!!!

dizneykid ~
Yeah, he IS a cutie, in't he??!?!?! He's my latest CABIN BOY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter