New (Almost) Scrapbooker

WDWNovice

Earning My Ears
I've recently started "scrapbooking" and I've had a great time working on the couple that I've completed. :)

I've been searching for a store in my area that sells scrapbooking supplies but can't seem to find one. :(

Does anyone know of a good scrapbooking store in the NYC area?

I've tried buying on line but it's difficult to shift thru all the pages on an online "catalog" to really get an idea of what's available.

I'm planning my first trip to WDW in December and I'm already thinking about the scrapbook I'll be working on when I get home .... any great tips for creating a "Disney" scrapbook?

I don't know of any sb stores in NYC, but I would like to welcome you, WDW Novice. :D

I can't think of any particular tips right now, but you can look at my scrapbook from our first Dsiney trip on my website. The link is in my signature. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

Look in the back of the Creating Keepsakes magazine. Stores are listed by state. If none of them are near your home you could plan a field trip to one of them.

I plan what pictures I am going to use in my lay outs and any memorabilia I plan to use and put them together in a zip lock bag. I then take the bags with me to the scrapbook store and pick out what I will use on my pages. This keeps me from buying everything in sight.

I now have a scrapbook store just 15 minutes from my home but I still use the same system.

Chessie

I don;t live near a Scrapbook store, so I do the opposite. I ordered a selection of multicolored plain card, and paper, and one book of disney paper (which I'm not that pleased with) and when I had a chance to visit a Michaels I bought a selection of stuff I thought I would use in the future. I have quite a lot of stuff now, so hopefully that will keep me going for a while.

I also ordered some stuff from CM (just from the catalog) and wasn't overly impressed with their stickers, so be careful mail/web ordering as it's hard to tell what you are actually getting.

Bev

when it comes to disney albums....wow I have five already....save everything.....EVERYTHING....menus, coloring pages, napkins, the leaves they shoot out at Pochantas, I mean everything...if you dont you will need something and be so upset......I even kept the umbrellas from our drinks at Ohana and flattened them out and incorporated them into the pix. Menus make great backgrounds....put your pix on acid free paper and mount in front of the menu....it looks cool. Get double autographs one for the kids to keep, one for your scrapbook, make sure the characters dont sign on the back of the same pages...(experience speaking here).....make notes each day, what you did, how you felt, what the kids liked, what the said...it helps when you get home and have brain overload. most of all have fun with it.......by lots of dis stickers, and save anything with a Mickey you can cut out.....

hope this helps
cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter