New Alcohol Policy - How is it playing out at Embarkation?

They do not own it. It is part of the Bahamas, which is why the new Bahamas VAT is now charged on purchases on CC.

Totally correct Bumbershoot. DCL has a 99 year lease! There is also a number of restrictions on the size and locations of any buildings on the island and the amount of land that can be developed.

AKK

Interesting!! I knew about the lease (poor choice of words on my part with own) but did not know about the VAT. Does that mean that purchases on CC cost slightly more than if we were to purchase on the ship?
The shops onboard are closed in port.

I do hope they ok cider. That would be a really good compromise on DCL's part. Show a little good will if they aren't going to back down on their liquor stance.

It is a great mug....bought two of them, one for my DLC wall, the other I always bring the beer card home and with me on every cruise. That way I don't carry the heavy mug on every Flight. With the e new changes well worth it.

So, you can bring your mug (or beer card) back on another cruise and not have to buy an entirely new mug!? Because I bought them in 2013 and brought them home as souvenirs - of course using them many times since - but never thought to bring it on my next cruise in 2016!

You Can, which is why I bought two, one to keep one mug and put it with my "Disney Stuff", and the other I keep the card for every future cruise we go on.

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D"

Can someone clarify so you can bring 4 (per 2 adults) bottles of wine and then purchase on the islands more to bring on the boat and drink? Afraid that amount won't last us and probably won't want to pay onboard prices!

Can someone clarify so you can bring 4 (per 2 adults) bottles of wine and then purchase on the islands more to bring on the boat and drink? Afraid that amount won't last us and probably won't want to pay onboard prices!
Each person 21 and over may bring onboard 2 bottles (750ml) of wine or champagne, or 6 beers (12 oz). This allowance may be brought onboard upon embarkation as well as all ports of call.

Thank you so much for this clarification. We are not big drinkers but it is nice to have a glass of wine the cabin while getting ready.

I found the embarkation with alcohol to be a breeze both at Port Canaveral and at St. Thomas. We each brought on 2 bottles of wine at PC and 1 each at St. Thomas. No one gave them a second look to see, if perhaps, one had rum rather than Pinot Noir. . .

http://gourmetgallery.net/ in St. Thomas had a GREAT wine selection and decent prices (even though we had a few bottles with good prices ring up differently and they would no honor the marked price).

Friends who also went on teh cruise reported their mini-bottles of rum in their carry on made it aboard with no problems...

You buy the beer mug (glass). You then get refills of it (lets say it's a 16 oz mug) for the cost of a 12 oz beer. (estimating the size...the point is that you get something for the cost of a smaller something, after paying for the mug)

You can ask for the card/token at the bar when you're done drinking from the mug, so you don't have to carry the mug around. Show your card/token next time you want a beer, they bring out a mug and fill it for you and charge for the smaller amount. You can even show the card/token on *future* cruises and still partake of the same deal.

This is all terrific IF you like the draft beer on the ship!
Does anyone know what the draft beer is in the Disney ships? Are there any microbrews?

Does anyone know what the draft beer is in the Disney ships? Are there any microbrews?
I'm not a beer person at all so I'm not sure what microbrew means, but we are just off the Wonder and the hubs had several Blue Moon.

I found the embarkation with alcohol to be a breeze both at Port Canaveral and at St. Thomas. We each brought on 2 bottles of wine at PC and 1 each at St. Thomas. No one gave them a second look to see, if perhaps, one had rum rather than Pinot Noir. . .

http://gourmetgallery.net/ in St. Thomas had a GREAT wine selection and decent prices (even though we had a few bottles with good prices ring up differently and they would no honor the marked price).

Friends who also went on teh cruise reported their mini-bottles of rum in their carry on made it aboard with no problems...
did they take the bottles from you in St Thomas or were you able to enjoy them on the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter