A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Thanks!

I got the GSC pin bundle and the 5K pin - $60 before Active.com fees! I don't buy pins very often so the prices always shock me! :eek:
I feel like that's the usual and it's pretty gross. Better than deciding you want it later and it already being sold out though.

I totally see Baymax in that design too! Maybe InkNburn has conditioned us to figure out their sneaky references in their designs that same way we see Hidden Mickeys everywhere at Disney! And you know, this means you should totally sign up for the Avengers race because Baymax is a Marvel super hero. Costume-done and DONE. (and EVERYONE knows costumes are hands down the hardest part of racing)

I feel like that's the usual and it's pretty gross. Better than deciding you want it later and it already being sold out though.
Yeah, I guess so. Good thing I don't buy pins very often!!
I totally see Baymax in that design too! Maybe InkNburn has conditioned us to figure out their sneaky references in their designs that same way we see Hidden Mickeys everywhere at Disney! And you know, this means you should totally sign up for the Avengers race because Baymax is a Marvel super hero. Costume-done and DONE. (and EVERYONE knows costumes are hands down the hardest part of racing)
Did you see the Honest Trailer for Big Hero Six? They said something about how that movie is the un-Marvelest Marvel movie or something. :p

Costumes are totally the hardest, and most important part of racing, next to getting character photos on the course. ;)
Good for Mr. A! I always wear sleeves too. How else can you wipe the sweat and snot off your face? ;)
See, I wouldn't know, since I am a pixie princess who never produces sweat or snot...........

.....o_O

**TRIP PLANNING**

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

I'm still waiting on flight prices to drop for Mr. A's return flight for Wine & Dine (hey, Southwest...work with me here?!)...but in the meantime, I'm almost 100% planned for Goofy!

TICKETS
A WDW Annual Platinum Pass, which I will activate during Wine & Dine weekend...I'm planning on buying the voucher online sometime next week since I am starting to become increasingly paranoid that ticket prices are gonna jump again!

FLIGHTS
These are done! :banana: On July 7 Southwest released flights through early March, so I jumped on their site that morning - I found round-trip flights at good times for a really good price - $220! I booked them using credit card reward points, so after paying Southwest fees it only cost me $11.20 out-of-pocket for my flights. :) They aren't perfect - I'd love to get there on my arrival day a little earlier than what I have booked (currently landing at noon) and both of these flights have connectors, but overall, they are pretty good! As soon as those were booked I went ahead and got the wheels in motion to get them added to my resort reservation (see below) for Magical Express and quickly got confirmation that that was done.

15450786214_9ac3297f58_z.jpg

RESORT
Back to my favorite...the Boardwalk!

25017406361_7164ac975d_z.jpg

I mentioned in a previous post that I emailed Dr. Spine in early February to run my race schedule by him...this was what motivated that email. I wanted to rent points right at the 11-month mark, which was February 5. I did not get my first choice room at the resort (a Standard-view Studio) but I did get my second choice (a Preferred-View Studio) - I could not care less about the view, and would have preferred the cheaper Standard View...but I got the resort I wanted and am not paying rack rate, so it's still a win!

Here's hoping I won't get woken up during the 10K...!! :eek: And I have zero regrets over booking so early, because not long after I read here on the DIS that DVC is full for Marathon Weekend! :faint: Eeeek!

ADRs
Just 3 for this trip, which I made this morning (180 days to go, eeek!!!) and they are all dinners: Sanaa, Via Napoli, Yachtsman Steakhouse. My 3 favorite restaurants at WDW! :yay: Zero complaints.

PIZZA YAASSSSS
16272032541_10546d89e6_z.jpg

YACHTSMAN MAC & CHEESE YAAAASSSS GET IN MUH BELLY
15654378213_38c37039a7_z.jpg

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE!!
Not an ADR, but something else that was planned this week - an Illuminations cruise! @Keels invited me about a month ago and initially my shyness won out and I declined...but yesterday I changed my mind and I'm IN!! :yay: So excited! I know other DIS'ers will be there too...it'll be so much fun!!

Even though I am nowhere close to being in marathon shape, I'm getting increasingly excited for this trip!

To-do list:

• Buy Platinum Annual Pass voucher
  • Train (!)
  • Pick out race outfits (!) → pretty sure I know what I am wearing for the marathon, but not 100% decided yet. :) Completely undecided on the half as of right now...I guess I'd better think about Wine & Dine outfits first. :scratchin
Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

I'm going to guess that to do list isn't necessarily in order of importance or picking race outfits wouldn't be last. :) :)

I'm hitting up Via Napoli for the first time this trip and that pizza picture makes me want to go right now. Looks great!

ADRs
Just 3 for this trip, which I made this morning (180 days to go, eeek!!!) and they are all dinners: Sanaa, Via Napoli, Yachtsman Steakhouse. My 3 favorite restaurants at WDW! :yay: Zero complaints.

We have three ADRs too: Ohana for breakfast, Jiko and V&A for dinner. Plus the @Keels cruise and DATW, which count as liquid meals, right?

OMG, they TOTALLY look like Baymax in his armor or whatever!

They're a pre-order, so they won't exactly sell out...but it's a long pre-order, I think it closes July 18 - long one!

I ordered the full kit, because I am addicted. I figure it'll make a great outfit for a runDisney race, especially now that Roxy has pointed out that it's Baymax-esque. :eek:

Chris told me to order them as a birthday gift to myself. :cloud9: I went ahead and ordered the singlet as well. I figured I can always layer a long sleeve under it if it's cooler and I can pair it with a black skirt for warmer months.

Woohoo on ADRs. I made my this afternoon as well. Getting closer all the time now. I was really tempted to jump on the @Keels Illuminations cruise-extravaganza, but we've got the kiddos with us, so decided it was probably best to opt out this time. Maybe we can join into a bigger Dis meet-up during the massive attendance likely to be there for Dopey 2018.

I'm going to guess that to do list isn't necessarily in order of importance or picking race outfits wouldn't be last. :) :)
Now, what would make you think that?! ;)

I'm hitting up Via Napoli for the first time this trip and that pizza picture makes me want to go right now. Looks great!
Arrrrg me too. I know some people aren't impressed with Via Napoli but it's one of my favorite Table Service places at WDW!! :lovestruc
We have three ADRs too: Ohana for breakfast, Jiko and V&A for dinner. Plus the @Keels cruise and DATW, which count as liquid meals, right?
Solid, solid line-up right there. :thumbsup2 You and I have similar taste in WDW meals, it seems!

DATW counts, yes. ::yes::
Chris told me to order them as a birthday gift to myself. :cloud9: I went ahead and ordered the singlet as well. I figured I can always layer a long sleeve under it if it's cooler and I can pair it with a black skirt for warmer months.
That's Husband of the Year material right there! :yay:
Woohoo on ADRs. I made my this afternoon as well. Getting closer all the time now. I was really tempted to jump on the @Keels Illuminations cruise-extravaganza, but we've got the kiddos with us, so decided it was probably best to opt out this time. Maybe we can join into a bigger Dis meet-up during the massive attendance likely to be there for Dopey 2018.
Yeah, I saw what you said in the Marathon thread about Beaches & Cream...that is interesting. Originally I was going to make an ADR there for lunch one day but decided against it...I hope they open them back up, because that place is SO small that I always felt better having an ADR. :scratchin

Maybe some other DIS-meets can happen over 2017, as well? Kiddo-friendly ones? :)

Running Blind - Week 1
Monday, July 4 - Sunday, July 10, 2016

Monday, July 4 (30-minute run @ Effort 1)

Happy 4th of July! A most hated holiday in our house...why? Because the fireworks scare this little guy:

28220471365_afcdd1b927_z.jpg

He's been on edge pretty much all weekend thanks to people around us shooting off their own fireworks/noisemakers. :( Mr. A and I are not fans of this holiday!

Anyway...today was an okay run. We had nice, cool temperatures (upper 60s) so that was nice. All through the run I was feeling pretty good and assumed that I had gone faster than Friday's Effort 1 run...nope. I had in fact gone 15 seconds/mile slower. :( I really need to stop looking at my pace...I wouldn't look at the mileage at all except that I want to keep track of how many miles I have on my shoes. As @DopeyBadger suggested I may have Mr. A check the mileage for me once in awhile...the challenging thing will be how to save my runs on my watch without seeing the pace (since at the end of each run the pace/time/milage comes up on a screen and I have to hit "save"). Yes, I am that bothered by my pace right now that this matters to me this much! :rolleyes:

In other news, I FINALLY watched the entire Star Wars original trilogy this weekend! Finished up Return of the Jedi this evening. I think I liked Episode IV the best, then Episode V, then Episode VI. Man did those ewoks get a lot of screen time in Episode VI...:rolleyes:

Tuesday, July 5 (rest)

Rest day! And back to work...blah! Also had a big trip to the post office to mail out some stuff I sold on Facebook, including another Dooney. Bye-bye, Disney Dooneys. If only you were better quality! :wave:

Other happenings today - early registration for Princess weekend! I was able to sign up for the Princess 5K, and I also used the deferral link that runDisney sent me last week to sign up for the Glass Slipper Challenge. I also ordered pins for the races...I always forget how pricey those are! I limit my pin-buying to what I consider "special events" (races, if we stay at a new resort for the first time - so I'll be in the market for a Poly pin in November, etc.), so at least that keeps it under control somewhat.

In other Princess news - I will be having a buddy join me for the weekend! :yay: One of my good friends from grad school wants to run the 10K. My other grad school friend may come along as well, but she's got chronic back issues (even worse than mine) and doesn't want to run any of the races. The friend that does want to do the 10K will be out of the country next week so I'll be attempting to sign her up. :eek: Somehow it's more nerve-wracking signing up another person than it is signing up myself...eek!

Wednesday, July 6 (45-minute run @ Effort 1/Effort 3/Effort 1 pace)

Good run today! This was the first time in quite awhile that I have run at home before work and not driven in early to use the treadmill. I was a little freaked out that it would be too dark, but it turned out to be just light enough at 5:30 - yay! Another plus was that I had decent weather - 85% humidity (which I could definitely feel!), but the temperature was only in the high 60s. High of 90 forecasted for today...that is toasty to us Ohioans!

So I did my first 10 minutes at Effort 1, and then tried to kick into gear for the next 25 minutes at Effort 3. It was hard to adjust to that change in pace, but eventually I got into the groove a little better. One thing I noticed this morning was that my left leg was feeling a little better than it has over the past few mornings - not as stiff/weak. I have good and bad days with that still, but today seems to be a better one!

The last 5 minutes or so of the 25-minute Effort Level 3-period were tough - and I admit that I did stop at one point in the park near my house for a drink at the water fountain - but overall it went well! Pretty happy with this run. And as a bonus, I saw little baby deer frolicking around and some bunnies, so that was cute. I'm like friggin' Snow White over here.

More bonuses - I got to shower at home instead of at the work rec center...SO NICE!! I didn't have to wear flip flops, wait for a shower to be available, worry about Ol' Footshaver making a reappearance, etc. :cloud9: Thumbs down for still sweating after my shower, though...ugghhhh. :crazy2:

I left for work about 5 minutes later than I originally planned, but the drive still wasn't bad at all - this and potentially running in darker-than-I'd-like conditions were my only concerns with switching from treadmill at work to running at home (since when I run at work I leave home way earlier and beat the traffic), so I was very happy that I did not end up sitting in traffic. I actually ended up getting to work 45 minutes earlier than I would had I gone to the gym, and the best part of all - I got an awesome parking spot in the garage.

Other good thing happening today so far - I am wearing boots to work. :thumbsup2 I know I write about a lot of girly/shopping things here, but this is a big deal to me because with the nerve pain, leg weakness/stiffness, etc., I have been sticking with wearing a second pair of Brooks Adrenalines to work every day. I am not a big shoe person - I am more into purses (in case you haven't figured that out :)) but last year I decided I wanted to up my shoe game at work, so I invested in 2 pairs of really nice boots - one black, one brown. The boots have heels, and I don't think flood pants are a good look on me, so I also bought new work pants that were a good length to wear with the boots. Then this sciatica happened and I haven't been able to wear the boots since I could, you know, barely walk at first. And since the Adrenalines don't have heels, my pants were suddenly too long, so I've had to roll up my pants so they don't drag on the ground. I'm just so stylish, you guys.

Boots are going to work! You can see the crease in my pants where I have been rolling them up...

28220353205_2e7118016e_z.jpg

They're feeling pretty good so far - I'd tried to start wearing them again a couple of months ago and it did NOT go well. So far I'm encouraged with how they are feeling today. Another step (ha!) forward in recovery. YAY BOOTS!

So I'm having a pretty good morning!

Speaking of purses, this is what I have been using this month - the Patchwork Large Satchel by Harveys. It's sort of a mash-up of seatbelt prints that have been used in other Harveys bags (6 different prints represented). It's a little crazy, but also pretty fun. I like the cute little Mickey charm that comes with the bag. :)

28142704271_15ff15478a_z.jpg

In my quest to change from mostly Dooneys to mostly Harveys...I am doing well. I have 2 more Dooneys that I think I want to sell and after that, I'll just have 3 left that I'm not sure I'll actually want to part with. I've been happy with the decision so far - it's hard for me to actually decide to sell a bag, but once I do, I pretty much don't miss it.

ANYWAY...I also went to yoga this evening. My normal teacher wasn't there today (she had taught the class the previous hour, subbing for someone else who was out on maternity leave) but I did like the sub we had! This was a great class for me - I felt like I kept up with 95% of it or so and just felt really, really good the entire time. Namaste!

Thursday, July 7 (rest)

Ahhhhh. :) I wore boots again to work. May have been a little over-zealous getting back to daily boot wearing, because they didn't feel as good today! Apparently I need to build my boot strength back up, because my ankles are sore! :scratchin

Friday, July 8 (45-minute run @ Effort 1/yoga)

Good run today. It was toasty out, though, and as a result I think my pace suffered. I didn't look at it, but I did look at my distance and I know I went about 0.4 miles less than I did compared to Wednesday. Oh well!

Yoga was good today. It was another class where I felt pretty strong throughout. Today we worked on Crow Pose for a little bit.

This is not what it looks like when I try it! :)

Erin_Motz_Crow_Pose.jpg

I learned that I have been doing it wrong! I had my knees out more on the side of my arms, but the lady in this picture is doing it correctly...your knees go more up into your armpits, on the back of your arms. Today when we did it, we started out standing on yoga blocks since that helped us start with our hips higher. It did make it easier (sort of like what the woman is doing in this picture):

maxresdefault.jpg

I was able to hold the pose for about 5 seconds a couple of times...it was tough!

Saturday, July 9 (75-minute run @ Effort 2)

Bleh. This one was tough today!

I didn't sleep well last night so I didn't get up and out as early as I'd originally planned. Temperature was 79 when I left, which isn't terrible, but still...

As I kept going, I found that my quads were really cramping up, which is pretty unusual for me. Around the halfway point, I stopped at a water fountain (big mistake I made today - I didn't take water with me. I was going to take my handheld and then decided against it...dumb!) and I was just DONE. If I'd had my phone on me, I would have called Mr. A to come get me (ironic since, right before I left for this run, we had a chat about how I really SHOULD be taking my phone with me when I run...I have an iPhone 6+ and it's big enough that it's a pain to run with. I am due for an upgrade in September and am planning on getting a smaller-sized phone, so once that happens I'll be taking my phone with me on my runs more ::yes::).

I considered walking the rest of the way home, and then I looked at distance I'd gone and was pleasantly surprised - I didn't look at my pace, but I could do the math and figure out that I'd been going at a pretty decent pace up until this point, which was really encouraging. That saved the run for me - I'm guessing my quads were cramping due to hydration and because I was going a little faster than I maybe should have for the conditions. I did end up finishing the entire run...I took some walk breaks, which was something I'd hoped not to do, but this was one of those runs where just finishing was a victory. :)

Sunday, July 10 (yoga)

Not my strongest class today! I slept in some sort of weird position and woke up with a sore back...UGGHHHH. My quads were still pretty sore from the run yesterday, too - my longest run since the Disneyland Half in September! I mostly did okay, but there were some points where I was struggling to keep up. We did some forearm stand prep today...
Screen_Shot_2015-04-14_at_9.54.33_AM.png

I got to the second image, though I'm sure my leg was not anywhere near that high. :upsidedow My shoulders need to get way, way stronger before I come anywhere close to getting this pose down!

Also, my ankles seem to have finally recovered from 2 days in a row of wearing boots to work. :upsidedow Hahahahaha! I seriously need to come up with a training plan for training my body to be okay wearing boots again. Oh, life.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
These are done! :banana: On July 7 Southwest released flights through early March, so I jumped on their site that morning - I found round-trip flights at good times for a really good price - $220! I booked them using credit card reward points, so after paying Southwest fees it only cost me $11.20 out-of-pocket for my flights. :) They aren't perfect - I'd love to get there on my arrival day a little earlier than what I have booked (currently landing at noon) and both of these flights have connectors, but overall, they are pretty good! As soon as those were booked I went ahead and got the wheels in motion to get them added to my resort reservation (see below) for Magical Express and quickly got confirmation that that was done.

Yay for having flights booked (and at a good price/with points)!

Nice! I actually never had any interest in Boardwalk until the 10K in January, but running past it ... I kinda liked it.
Hopefully the 10K runners won't be loud enough to wake you up!

Yay! Awesome ADR choices!

Not an ADR, but something else that was planned this week - an Illuminations cruise! @Keels invited me about a month ago and initially my shyness won out and I declined...but yesterday I changed my mind and I'm IN!! :yay: So excited! I know other DIS'ers will be there too...it'll be so much fun!!

I am so glad you decided to do this! It's definitely easy to be scared or too shy to do it (that's certainly what my reaction will be), but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to see Illuminations from a unique perspective with some awesome new friends!

• Pick out race outfits (!) → pretty sure I know what I am wearing for the marathon, but not 100% decided yet. :) Completely undecided on the half as of right now...I guess I'd better think about Wine & Dine outfits first. :scratchin

I WANT TO SEE THE CLOTHING!
Yes, I have a one-track mind. It's all clothing.

He's been on edge pretty much all weekend thanks to people around us shooting off their own fireworks/noisemakers. :( Mr. A and I are not fans of this holiday!

I am so with you guys! I was jumping out of my chair every few minutes on Monday night because of whatever garbage people in my neighborhood were setting off (probably on my street based on how loud it was). I like fireworks, but people are stupid sometimes.

Anyway...today was an okay run. We had nice, cool temperatures (upper 60s) so that was nice. All through the run I was feeling pretty good and assumed that I had gone faster than Friday's Effort 1 run...nope. I had in fact gone 15 seconds/mile slower. :( I really need to stop looking at my pace...I wouldn't look at the mileage at all except that I want to keep track of how many miles I have on my shoes. As @DopeyBadger suggested I may have Mr. A check the mileage for me once in awhile...the challenging thing will be how to save my runs on my watch without seeing the pace (since at the end of each run the pace/time/milage comes up on a screen and I have to hit "save"). Yes, I am that bothered by my pace right now that this matters to me this much! :rolleyes:

So, two things:
1 - In terms of the mileage on the shoes - I know Garmin can track that. Is there any way to have it alert you when you hit a certain milestone with the shoes so that you can know where your shoe mileage is without looking at individual run mileage? I know it can show mileage on the dashboard, but I don't know if you're trying to avoid the website to avoid the statistics.
2 - What I do when I end my runs (and this isn't to avoid seeing my pace so much as because I'm usually doing something on my phone as soon as I finish running) is that I tend to hit the stop/save buttons without looking. I know that different models to things differently (I have the Forerunner 10, so ... no touchscreen), but is there any way for you to do that? That way you can save the run without worrying about the pace.

In other Princess news - I will be having a buddy join me for the weekend! :yay: One of my good friends from grad school wants to run the 10K. My other grad school friend may come along as well, but she's got chronic back issues (even worse than mine) and doesn't want to run any of the races. The friend that does want to do the 10K will be out of the country next week so I'll be attempting to sign her up. :eek: Somehow it's more nerve-wracking signing up another person than it is signing up myself...eek!

Yay for having friends join you!

More bonuses - I got to shower at home instead of at the work rec center...SO NICE!! I didn't have to wear flip flops, wait for a shower to be available, worry about Ol' Footshaver making a reappearance, etc. :cloud9: Thumbs down for still sweating after my shower, though...ugghhhh. :crazy2:

I'm gonna go with ... showering at home makes this whole blind running thing worth it. (It would for me!)
And yay for a good run!

Other good thing happening today so far - I am wearing boots to work. :thumbsup2 I know I write about a lot of girly/shopping things here, but this is a big deal to me because with the nerve pain, leg weakness/stiffness, etc., I have been sticking with wearing a second pair of Brooks Adrenalines to work every day. I am not a big shoe person - I am more into purses (in case you haven't figured that out :)) but last year I decided I wanted to up my shoe game at work, so I invested in 2 pairs of really nice boots - one black, one brown. The boots have heels, and I don't think flood pants are a good look on me, so I also bought new work pants that were a good length to wear with the boots. Then this sciatica happened and I haven't been able to wear the boots since I could, you know, barely walk at first. And since the Adrenalines don't have heels, my pants were suddenly too long, so I've had to roll up my pants so they don't drag on the ground. I'm just so stylish, you guys.

Yay boots!
I mean ... I don't understand how you don't overheat in boots in the summer (my boots stay in the closet all summer ... I really would die if I wore them in the summer), but yay for them being comfortable!

Speaking of purses, this is what I have been using this month - the Patchwork Large Satchel by Harveys. It's sort of a mash-up of seatbelt prints that have been used in other Harveys bags (6 different prints represented). It's a little crazy, but also pretty fun. I like the cute little Mickey charm that comes with the bag. :)

OMG I love it!

Yoga was good today. It was another class where I felt pretty strong throughout. Today we worked on Crow Pose for a little bit.

This is not what it looks like when I try it! :)

Erin_Motz_Crow_Pose.jpg

When you post these pictures, it reminds me why I don't do yoga. I would end up falling on my head.
You yoga people are crazy.

I didn't sleep well last night so I didn't get up and out as early as I'd originally planned. Temperature was 79 when I left, which isn't terrible, but still...

:( I hate those days.

I considered walking the rest of the way home, and then I looked at distance I'd gone and was pleasantly surprised - I didn't look at my pace, but I could do the math and figure out that I'd been going at a pretty decent pace up until this point, which was really encouraging. That saved the run for me - I'm guessing my quads were cramping due to hydration and because I was going a little faster than I maybe should have for the conditions. I did end up finishing the entire run...I took some walk breaks, which was something I'd hoped not to do, but this was one of those runs where just finishing was a victory. :)

Yay for finishing! I think everyone has runs where they just don't feel like they can finish, but getting to the end of the run is always a victory!

I think this new plan sounds like it's working out for you so far ... which is great!

RESORT

25017406361_7164ac975d_z.jpg

You lucky duck you!!!! I need to stay here one day!

YACHTSMAN MAC & CHEESE YAAAASSSS GET IN MUH BELLY

Oh WOW.... this looks AMAZING... I'm so hungry right now

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE!!

Oh this sounds like lots of fun!!! I'm well jealous!!!

I'll be back for more, right now I actually have to go eat as my stomach is protesting... NEED FOOOOOOOD

Yay for having flights booked (and at a good price/with points)!
Yes! That is such a good feeling!
Nice! I actually never had any interest in Boardwalk until the 10K in January, but running past it ... I kinda liked it.
Hopefully the 10K runners won't be loud enough to wake you up!
Mr. A is directly responsible for my love of the Boardwalk Inn. He picked it for our honeymoon! :lovestruc

They almost surely will wake me up. Oh well!!
Yay! Awesome ADR choices!
:teeth: I want to eat at all of those places nooowwwwww.
I am so glad you decided to do this! It's definitely easy to be scared or too shy to do it (that's certainly what my reaction will be), but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to see Illuminations from a unique perspective with some awesome new friends!
Me too...still shy and scared, but excited!! :)
I WANT TO SEE THE CLOTHING!
Yes, I have a one-track mind. It's all clothing.
This is not a bad thing!! ::yes::
I am so with you guys! I was jumping out of my chair every few minutes on Monday night because of whatever garbage people in my neighborhood were setting off (probably on my street based on how loud it was). I like fireworks, but people are stupid sometimes.
Isn't that the worst?! :mad: SO ANNOYING! I thought it wouldn't be as bad this year since the 4th was on a work night, but I was wrong. And seriously, does it really make your 4th of July that much better? You light something, and you stand there as it makes a loud noise, and somehow this is celebrating the independence of our country? 'Merica. :rolleyes2 I have more thoughts but I'll try to contain myself. :angel:
So, two things:
1 - In terms of the mileage on the shoes - I know Garmin can track that. Is there any way to have it alert you when you hit a certain milestone with the shoes so that you can know where your shoe mileage is without looking at individual run mileage? I know it can show mileage on the dashboard, but I don't know if you're trying to avoid the website to avoid the statistics.
:scratchin I did NOT know that Garmin did that. Thank you for telling me this, I'm going to look into it! It may be just what I need.
2 - What I do when I end my runs (and this isn't to avoid seeing my pace so much as because I'm usually doing something on my phone as soon as I finish running) is that I tend to hit the stop/save buttons without looking. I know that different models to things differently (I have the Forerunner 10, so ... no touchscreen), but is there any way for you to do that? That way you can save the run without worrying about the pace.
So I figured out that I have to save my run first...when I do this it doesn't show the pace. Then after a few seconds I have to hit "done." So I have been hitting "save" and then waiting a few seconds and just hitting the button without looking, and that seems to work. :)
Yay for having friends join you!
:yay: They aren't as into Disney as I am, though...they may be exposed to a different side of me that weekend!
I'm gonna go with ... showering at home makes this whole blind running thing worth it. (It would for me!)
And yay for a good run!
YES - showering at home > showering in a public place. :eek:
Yay boots!
I mean ... I don't understand how you don't overheat in boots in the summer (my boots stay in the closet all summer ... I really would die if I wore them in the summer), but yay for them being comfortable!
They are ankle books! I have calf-height boots that won't get work for a few months.

And it's VERY cold in my department at work, so that helps too.
OMG I love it!
:yay: It's crazy and out there, but it's SO DISNEY, so I love it.
When you post these pictures, it reminds me why I don't do yoga. I would end up falling on my head.
You yoga people are crazy.
I did fall over a couple of weeks ago when I was trying a headstand. It wasn't fun, exactly, but it wasn't as horrible as I feared it would be.
:( I hate those days.
:sad: Sleep is so magnificent, I hate when I don't get a good night of sleep!
Yay for finishing! I think everyone has runs where they just don't feel like they can finish, but getting to the end of the run is always a victory!
Yes!! Saturday's run was definitely a victory.
I think this new plan sounds like it's working out for you so far ... which is great!
It is!! I am very happy with it so far! :)
You lucky duck you!!!! I need to stay here one day!
You will be spoiled! Walking to 2 parks from the hotel is awesome!
Oh WOW.... this looks AMAZING... I'm so hungry right now
Looking at pictures of Disney food is always risky. :eek:
Oh this sounds like lots of fun!!! I'm well jealous!!!
I wish you and Rachel would be there too!!
I'll be back for more, right now I actually have to go eat as my stomach is protesting... NEED FOOOOOOOD
SAME!!! Looking at all of these food pictures is making me super hungry! Eating an apple is the same as eating delicious Disney food, right? :faint:

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE!!

Yay! DD26 and I are doing the Illuminations cruise with Keels too! So excited to meet everyone! Of course, she is up to 3 boats now I think so probably won't get to meet everyone lol!

Yay! DD26 and I are doing the Illuminations cruise with Keels too! So excited to meet everyone! Of course, she is up to 3 boats now I think so probably won't get to meet everyone lol!
Yay!! Looking forward to meeting you ladies!

I think we're gonna need name tags or something... "HELLO My Name Is Ariel484/Shannon." :scratchin

hahaha maybe @DopeyBadger does a boot training plan as well? :rotfl2:I totally know what you mean though. I have been deep into the comfort shoe thing lately (Go Walks, birks, Tevas, and for dressier times super comfy wedges. I'm going to cry when I put a pair of boots on this fall :laughing:

Love the trip plans! That sounds so fun to meet up with Dis-ers on the Illuminations cruise. can't wait to see the pics!

In other news, I FINALLY watched the entire Star Wars original trilogy this weekend! Finished up Return of the Jedi this evening. I think I liked Episode IV the best, then Episode V, then Episode VI. Man did those ewoks get a lot of screen time in Episode VI...:rolleyes:

I'm so proud of you. I was very much in love with Mark Hamill when I was 12. Then I went back to watch them as an adult and saw that Luke had a LOT of growing up to do before he deserved that level of crush...

hahaha maybe @DopeyBadger does a boot training plan as well? :rotfl2:

LOLOL and if he does it will be color coded!

BOOTS BOOTS BOOTS- the first time I read that I saw BOATS BOATS BOATS. I'm just going to assume the HIMYM reference so I feel less obscure reference-y. I love me some Ewoks- almost as much as I love droids (almost). My little sister was born the exact same day Return of the Jedi came out and my aunt took my sibs and me to the movie while my parents went to the hospital and after the movie I had a baby sister. So I always associate Ewoks with cute little babies that turn into lifelong friends which means the Ewoks are PURE AWESOME and whenever I hear someone say otherwise I just say
6f4fd969fe3f7b6266761e3ef834d046.jpg
#truestory
And yes, I am working on securing the movie rights to the riveting tale I just told you before someone steals that little gem :ewok: (I was going to do a rolling eyes sarcastic emoji here, but well, EWOK)
Every time I hear you talk about yoga I feel like I should start it. The gym by my house offers classes- I think once the kids go back to school I will start going to the classes. It seems like one of those good all around body things.
And I don't blame Mr. A for the sleeveless thing. I avoid them most of the time. The inkNburn one was the exception on the faith it would be Star Wars related.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter