A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Just caught up on your board and YAY! So happy you were able to run!! :)

I'm with you on the cheaters. I witnessed some corral jumpers at our last marathon weekend and it just shocked me. I would never have the nerve to do that, even assuming I lacked the integrity to even attempt it.

I was very happy to see some corral jumpers kicked out of the corral they jumped in to at Princess. We were at the very front of I, waiting to walk forward and some ladies jumped the fence into H. They were spotted by security who made them jump the fence back out and go to the last corral! :)

Ok I ammend my medal thing due to your post on the "goofy collector guy."

If it is the year 2066 and some "american picker" type guys are rummaging through a barn of old collectibles (will people still have barns then?) and come across this wonderful display of "americana"...then yes, please buy my run medal and display it as an artifact of life in 2016.
haha
Haha, seriously. I will allow mine to be on display in a museum at a future date. :wizard:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Just caught up on your board and YAY! So happy you were able to run!! :)
YAY THANKS!! Me too, and so happy that you and your daughter had fun last weekend! :)
I was very happy to see some corral jumpers kicked out of the corral they jumped in to at Princess. We were at the very front of I, waiting to walk forward and some ladies jumped the fence into H. They were spotted by security who made them jump the fence back out and go to the last corral! :)
YAY!! Way to go, security guys!! :banana:

I feel bad for the volunteers that have to deal with people like that...giving up their time and getting up super early just to get argued with/yelled at. Glad security stepped in! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
So happy to see that you are able to run a little again! You will get it back, little by little!

I had not heard all the Princess drama - sad to hear that, the Princess was my first rD race way back in 2012 (my first half too!) and I had a great experience then. Women that are mean to other women are just insecure and trying to make themselves feel better. I'm hoping for a good crowd at the Dark Side challenge - Star Wars fans are good people :-)

So happy to see that you are able to run a little again! You will get it back, little by little!
Thanks! I am super happy with my progress so far!
I had not heard all the Princess drama - sad to hear that, the Princess was my first rD race way back in 2012 (my first half too!) and I had a great experience then. Women that are mean to other women are just insecure and trying to make themselves feel better. I'm hoping for a good crowd at the Dark Side challenge - Star Wars fans are good people :-)
I think Princess weekend is just an entirely different animal. I'll be curious to see what the merch situation is like at Dark Side though!

**TRIP PLANNING**

2016 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend - Update!

Quick little update here - was clicking around on runDisney.com and saw an area where they had online booking for runDisney's hotel rooms for Tink weekend. Out of curiousity, I plugged my dates in and was shocked to see that the discount is pretty significant. I have only booked through runDisney once - for Princess in 2011 - and don't remember being impressed by the discount. But here, it brought the total down by $600!!! That's INSANE!

So I canceled my original reservation and re-booked through runDisney. I feel bad canceling the original one (I booked through a TA who is a friend) but even she said I'd be crazy not to take the lower price. Hooray!!

21258902936_2ff28c6431_z.jpg

Also, I ran again today - yippee! :teeth:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

But here, it brought the total down by $600!!! That's INSANE!

That is wonderful!! I don't usually think about doing stuff like that - but looking at hotel prices, it certainly doesn't hurt to at least look. I'll probably see about runDisney discounts if I get registered for 2017. We may not have enough DVC points that year for a big trip and a run trip, so any discount helps :P

So glad you were able to run again, too!

Major score on the discount!! That's awesome. And great news on another run. It's a banner day!!!
Oh yeah!! Yesterday was a great day!
Woohoo major discount!
:yay: always a good thing!
Big discount and another run ... sounds like an awesome day!
It really was, I should have bought a lottery ticket or something! :)
That is wonderful!! I don't usually think about doing stuff like that - but looking at hotel prices, it certainly doesn't hurt to at least look. I'll probably see about runDisney discounts if I get registered for 2017. We may not have enough DVC points that year for a big trip and a run trip, so any discount helps :P

So glad you were able to run again, too!
I normally don't either - at WDW we rent DVC points a lot, so once the reservation is made it's pretty set - no discounts to be had. And I know discounts are rare at Disneyland so I hadn't really been paying attention. But you're right, any discount helps...I felt bad to cancel on my friend but I almost could pay for a WDW AP (which I'm planning on getting in November) with that money - it was too significant to ignore!

I was so happy to run again too - helps my mood so much! :)

2016 Never Land 5K - The Outfit!

I had a perfect outfit in mind for this year's Never Land 5K...but INKnBURN just released some new items, and now there's an even more perfect candidate.

And this is why...the Phoenix Tech Shirt:
25164643332_db269aba2d_z.jpg

From their website:
This Phoenix Tech Shirt was inspired by the mythological bird that recycles its own life. When it perceives its impending death, the phoenix ignites itself into a magnificent fire. In time, it reemerges from its own ashes - reborn, renewed, and very much alive. There is so much symbolism tied to this sun loving bird; victory over death, passion, longevity, and creativity... all topics we love to explore with our own style of fire, color and passion.

I realize how incredibly corny it sounds, but after my lay-off from running, I can relate to this...especially the part that I bolded. Mr. A says I'm the most excited about running that I've been in a LONG time, and I have to think that it's true. This shirt came along at the perfect time, and its meaning definitely resonates with me. It's the perfect thing to wear at my first post-injury race.

They also released the Ryu skirt today...so I'm gonna grab that as well. I think it'll look awesome with the orange in the Phoenix top!
25189753231_d80118f006_z.jpg

24987391260_ec20ab2af2_z.jpg

And lastly, an orange SweatyBand. They don't make the one that I have anymore, but it's the same one that I wore for the 2013 WDW Marathon. :)

Most favorite picture of me from a race ever!
24915356519_45a7e3b2f5_z.jpg

EDIT: I did grab one last thing. I have been eyeing the Sandstone arm sleeves for a bit now...since they go with this outfit (at least it looks like they do from the pictures) and I had a store credit in the exact amount that these cost, I grabbed a pair. I hope to not need them for the 5K, but if I do I'll have them, and if I get to warm I can easily fold them up and keep them in a skirt pocket. :)

Sandstone_4arms_flat__75519.1452026201.1280.1280.jpg

Maybe it's silly...but I am really excited about this outfit. It just came along at the perfect time! :)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
I just love the Phoenix! I love tales of redemption and rebirth and yours is going to be a great one! And I really like that you aren't going all matchy-matchy with the skirt- the nice pop of orange to tie it all together! Way to go, Lady Fawkes! :goodvibes

All caught up! As I mentioned on the Tink thread, I'm so sorry for your injury but think deferring was so smart and self-aware. Sounds like missing PHM avoided injury too, just from the merch wars! :eek:

And I have to say that you're handling it all with grace and humor, which is wonderful and so important; I think that will only serve you in the end! I probably would just curl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself.

Congrats on the run this week and 11 years with your hubby! Looking forward to the rest of your training.

P.S. if you are the Queen of reading and not posting, then I am the Empress! :)

I just love the Phoenix! I love tales of redemption and rebirth and yours is going to be a great one! And I really like that you aren't going all matchy-matchy with the skirt- the nice pop of orange to tie it all together! Way to go, Lady Fawkes! :goodvibes
Lady Fawkes!! Love it!

Yeah, I do have a red SparkleSkirt that could work, but I think that would be a little too much...especially with my red hair. And I love the blue skirt anyway, so it works! :teeth:
All caught up! As I mentioned on the Tink thread, I'm so sorry for your injury but think deferring was so smart and self-aware. Sounds like missing PHM avoided injury too, just from the merch wars! :eek:
Thank you! :) Super tough decision for me to make but it was definitely the right one. I'm excited for next year...even after the crazy expo reports from this year. :eek: I think I'll be hitting up the expo at, like, 3:30 on day 1, or during the last hour. Getting punched would not be very magical.
And I have to say that you're handling it all with grace and humor, which is wonderful and so important; I think that will only serve you in the end! I probably would just curl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself.
:) That is so nice of you to say, thank you! I can assure you, there have been many tears and a lot of whining...I definitely was feeling sorry for myself with the deferral, but I have definitely gained more than I have lost from this! That is what I am choosing to focus on going forward. :)
Congrats on the run this week and 11 years with your hubby! Looking forward to the rest of your training.
Thank you! And me too, I am so excited to actually BE training again!! I have missed it!
P.S. if you are the Queen of reading and not posting, then I am the Empress! :)
Your highness! *bows* princess:princess:

BACK 2 Good - Week 7 progress update

**5.25 miles completed!!**

Not a lot of pictures from this week so get ready for some random WDW pictures! :)

Monday: lifting today - as usual, not much to say about it. It was fine. Though 2 guys did sort of argue over whose turn it was on a piece of equipment, so that was weird. :rolleyes2 Play nice, gentlemen.

Yesterday was a really up-and-down day. I think this injury and prolonged break from running is really, really starting to get to me. :( It was sort of building toward the end of last week - mentally I just don't feel like myself when I can't run, and I'm starting to notice that I'm getting...fluffy, in some places, so that has been hard to deal with.

Some days it feels like I'm really close to being "normal" again, and some days it feels like this is going to go on longer than I initially thought (really, it already has). I'm trying to stay positive, but it’s incredibly frustrating. I just want to feel like *me* again.

So since I said I’m trying to stay positive, I'll end this on a positive note: today in the gym, I decided it's time to start adding some stretching to my routine to try to regain some of the flexibility that I've apparently lost on my left side. I was able to sit on the ground, put my left leg out, and reach my foot again. And I didn't feel like I injured myself as a result or anything like that. I still can't reach my toes like I used to if I am standing and bending down to reach for them, but still...makes me think I may be able to try yoga again soon! I think that would be REALLY good for my mental state. :)

Okay...not WDW, but I *am* going to be Lady Fawkes for the Never Land 5K, as @pxefig said. :teeth:
25252573841_fa027e8f46_z.jpg

Tuesday: THIS HAPPENED. Big news in my world so I thought it deserved its own post. :)

I could definitely feel what I had lost during the run - my lungs, butt and knees felt weak. But I had a stupid grin on my face - perhaps the only person in history to smile while on the treadmill? It was just such a relief to get the first run done and not feel any pain...and I am so happy to feel a little more like *ME* again. I felt some stiffness and a little awkwardness, sure, but I can deal with that. I was a little sore immediately afterward but that was pretty much gone after an hour or so.

I'm not sure where to go from here with this thread...make a new one (since all of my plans have changed from what I originally had in mind) or just continue on with this one? Part of me thinks I should just leave things as is, since it's all a part of the journey, but part of me wants a fresh start. Hmm...a very unimportant "problem" to have. :)

Nothing to decide just yet though - I'm still not 100% recovered (I don't feel totally normal yet) and I'm not even sure what I'm training for right now! But today was a great day. :)

Other happenings - we went to see Bruce Springsteen tonight. I am relatively indifferent when it comes to The Boss (he seems fine, just not my kind of music), but Mr. A is a HUGE fan...and I am a fan of Mr A's, so I was happy to go with him (styling in my INKnBURN lace top), even if it meant a VERY late bedtime. :lovestruc Good show, though...dude can move!

25252573671_2e348c75c9_z.jpg

Wednesday: Lifting again today (which was fine)! The calf always bothers me the most when I first get out of bed, but today is the best that it has felt. My first few steps out of bed felt completely normal! The soreness came back for a few seconds and then went away...but I'm definitely encouraged that yesterday's run doesn't seem to have set me back at all! In fact it may have helped? :) This makes the decision to run again tomorrow an easy one. :thumbsup2

Thinking more about my resort options for next year's PHM...originally I said I was leaning toward Bay Lake Tower, but now I'm thinking Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's one of my favorite Disney resorts (theming is amazing and it's so relaxing and quiet there, which would be really nice for a race weekend!), no bus sharing with other resorts (though I know Jambo and Kidani share buses), cheapest option of the 5 places I'm looking at (the cheapest room at AKL is $500 cheaper than the cheapest room at BLT, per the site I'm using...shoot, I could add on another couple of nights with that price difference!), delicious food right there at the resort...of course I would be TOTALLY dependent on Disney buses, which is the one (big) downside. HMMM...

15318696998_db22ca6933_z.jpg

Thursday: Another run today!! I stuck to 1:00/1:00 intervals again and decided to experiment with varying the speed during the running portions (kept all of the walking portions at 3.3 MPH, 18:10/mile pace).

5.5 MPH for the first 10 minutes (10:54/mile pace)

5.6 MPH for the next 10 minutes (10:40ish/mile pace)
5.7 MPH for the rest of it (10:31/mile pace - only ended up doing 2 intervals at this pace)

Total time: 23:20 for 1.75 miles, 13:20/mile pace

Still a little stiff and awkward, but that got better as the run went on. Very pleased with my progress overall, but since this run didn't have the energy of "OMG I'M DOING IT I'M RUNNING SQUUUEEEEEE" like Tuesday's run did, I found myself focusing more on how freaking out of shape I feel!! I know it's only my second run back, but yowza!!! I was really huffing and puffing today!

But I did it! That's all that matters. :) And I even went a little further and a little faster than Tuesday, so I'm happy with that!

25050063010_e0aaf16912_z.jpg

Friday: lifting...always SO hard to talk myself into lifting on Fridays, but I'm always glad I did it once it's done. I keep thinking about heading back to yoga...I think I may try it in a couple of weeks (next week doesn't work because I have a dentist appointment...WHAT FUN!). But yoga is the one thing that is missing from my schedule right now, and I DO miss it.

25050062940_89b015673f_z.jpg

Saturday: 2-mile run!! Woohoo!

I really bundled up today...INKnBURN Wildflower long-sleeved top under my Drifting Petals pullover, Wildflower tights and 2 tech tubes. So...matching was not my strong suit today, but at least I was comfortable!

Actually, the pullover kept me warm enough that at times I sort of regretted layering the long-sleeved shirt underneath...but whatever!
25253107941_9845208a2b_z.jpg

In addition to nudging up my distance, I also made my run intervals a little longer today - I did run 1:15/walk 1:00 intervals. It went pretty well, but by the end I thought I was going to collapse on the sidewalk. I know the fitness I have lost will come back...but MAN. It was tough!

25227946802_d25d5a667e_z.jpg

I kept having to remind myself that I could be a little more relaxed with the pace right now (which is bizarre, because this run was almost 1:00/mile faster than Thursday's!)...that the goal is just to get to running again, and not be super fast right away. And in addition to that...I was SO discouraged at the beginning of this week that I wasn't running yet, and now I've run 3 days this week! THAT is the main thing to focus on right now! :)

Right now I just feel really grateful and lucky to even be able to run, when a couple of months ago (when this injury started), I was really, really afraid that I would have to hang it up for good. Seriously, lucky girl right here!!! :lovestruc

And speaking of lucky...I got some exciting, really fun news today. I'll post about that soon! (Oh no, a teaser!) :teeth:

Sunday: Rest day! Also...I have watched all of Fuller House this weekend on Netflix. It was cheesy and glorious, and yes, I have no life. :teeth:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
I'm glad you're back to running & being your happy confident self again. Keep taking it slow until you're fit again. No need to rush and potentially have another setback.

Also, Uber will come and get you at AKL when you tire of the buses.

Finally got caught up on your thread.... the whole Star Wars discussion is hilarious. (I'm a 70's kid married to another 70's kid who collects Star Wars. See this for reference:
)

Isn't it?! Seriously, I need to watch Star Wars now. So far they (INKnBURN) has done an R2D2 shirt (2014 April Fools), a Boba Fett shirt and Stormtrooper shirt (for May the Fourth...R2D2 was before I knew about INKnBURN but I did know about them for May the Fourth, I was just too slow to order and they were sold out) and now BB8. And they've done R2D2 touches on other pieces...seriously, my love for INKnBURN will be the one thing that will finally make me watch Star Wars. :rotfl:

Do you know we JUST got our tween girls to watch A New Hope for the first time? They wouldn't watch it because it was one of our "old movies." When the new one came out they got hooked and finally agreed to watch the original. I'll also give some credit to the Disney Inifinity toys for getting them interested.

I'm gonna check out some of the FB groups for the products you list... not familiar with the selling/trading, but it sounds intriguing.

I'm glad you're back to running & being your happy confident self again. Keep taking it slow until you're fit again. No need to rush and potentially have another setback.
Thanks John! I am trying my best to be smart about what I am doing, but it's tempting to do more, for sure. I have a follow-up next week so that's something I plan on bringing up during that appointment (what is a doable goal vs. what is a stupid idea). I definitely appreciate what you're saying though. :)
Also, Uber will come and get you at AKL when you tire of the buses.
Noted!! :)
Finally got caught up on your thread.... the whole Star Wars discussion is hilarious. (I'm a 70's kid married to another 70's kid who collects Star Wars. See this for reference:
)
Bwahahahahaha!! I heard about that by hadn't seen it yet...soooo funny!
Do you know we JUST got our tween girls to watch A New Hope for the first time? They wouldn't watch it because it was one of our "old movies." When the new one came out they got hooked and finally agreed to watch the original. I'll also give some credit to the Disney Inifinity toys for getting them interested.
The marketing has been genius (and...thorough). They are getting an entire new generation interested in the universe!

I will watch the movies some day...I WILL. And that will probably make me super regret trading away that BB-8 top o_O
I'm gonna check out some of the FB groups for the products you list... not familiar with the selling/trading, but it sounds intriguing.
It can get fairly intense...people are passionate about these clothes (something I am trying to keep in check...I love the pieces I have but its not worth getting snarky over!).

But it's nice because there are pieces I have that others will love more and cannot find...and then maybe they have something I would love. Win-win! :)

But I did it! That's all that matters. :) And I even went a little further and a little faster than Tuesday, so I'm happy with that!

Woo hoo! And honestly, the fact that you could go faster so soon is pretty awesome!

And speaking of lucky...I got some exciting, really fun news today. I'll post about that soon! (Oh no, a teaser!) :teeth:

But now I want to know! Anyway, so glad you're getting back into running :) Hopefully you are able to get some good advice the next time you have an appointment, and I hope that the runs continue to go well :) I'm sure your fitness level will be back soon, too!

The marketing has been genius (and...thorough). They are getting an entire new generation interested in the universe!

I will watch the movies some day...I WILL. And that will probably make me super regret trading away that BB-8 top o_O
Haha! Yeah, unsurprisingly Disney was aggressive with the marketing but between the perfect trailers and the Force Friday toy releases and the spoiler free movie release, I swear Disney's roll out will be studied in marketing classes on how to pull this off! I saw Force Awakens with my sister-in-law who had never seen any of the other Star Wars movies and she really enjoyed it. I mean, really at this point Star Wars is so imbued in our collective conscience as a society that you will get most references and all that and enjoy the experience. My birthday is this week on a day that all of my kids are in school so my happy bum will be in a theater having a birthday date with Poe Dameron and BB-8 and I am soooooo looking forward to it :lovestruc
Confession: I have been watching A LOT of Downton Abbey lately, hence the making you a peer and giving you a nobility title for your costume. You're welcome. I do have such authority. Really, I think rising from the ashes merits a promotion! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter