never went to dis w/small kids...

alimbrogno

Mouseketeer
Is there somewhere to rent strollers or can you buy one from like Walmart and have it shipped to your resort? Any suggestions?:thumbsup2

You can rent single and double strollers at the parks. Also, there are companies that rent strollers in the Orlando area. I've never done that, but you can find people who have in the Disney Families section of the board.

You can rent them but they are very expensive IMHO. If you don't want to bring one through the airport you can actually purchase an umbrella stroller for around $50 at the parks and resorts. It is only marked up about $8 so I really don't think that's bad. We actually just bring our umbrella stroller with us thru the airport as my son sometimes wants to go for a "ride" as we're waiting for the plane. As a PP mentioned, there are also companies that rent them. Another reason I do not like renting Disney's other than the $$$ is that you cannot take them out of the park. That means you would potentially have to carry a sleeping child all the way to the car. Just some thoughts. :goodvibes

You can rent them but they are very expensive IMHO. If you don't want to bring one through the airport you can actually purchase an umbrella stroller for around $50 at the parks and resorts. It is only marked up about $8 so I really don't think that's bad. We actually just bring our umbrella stroller with us thru the airport as my son sometimes wants to go for a "ride" as we're waiting for the plane. As a PP mentioned, there are also companies that rent them. Another reason I do not like renting Disney's other than the $$$ is that you cannot take them out of the park. That means you would potentially have to carry a sleeping child all the way to the car. Just some thoughts. :goodvibes

Do the airlines charge you to bring them? Are they checked or carry on?

I travel via Southwest and we take the stroller right up to the gate and then they stow it away. Once we get off the flight it will be waiting for us as we get off the plane. It does not count as a carry on nor a checked bag.

I travel via Southwest and we take the stroller right up to the gate and then they stow it away. Once we get off the flight it will be waiting for us as we get off the plane. It does not count as a carry on nor a checked bag.

Thanks so much for the tip! I called the airline and asked what their policy was on this and was told the same thing. They will check it and but it's not considered a checked bag so I don't have to pay for it! :woohoo: Even though he is going to be 5 I think that's a lot of walking for little legs so we are definetely taking one!:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter