• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Never thought I'd be doing the happy dance over a lymph node biopsy!

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
So, finally after 8 months of swollen lymph nodes and abdominal pain I decided to change doctors. My new doc is setting-up a biopsy and lots of blood work!!! :woohoo: Could it be that I might get a diagnosis? Please pray that I do. :goodvibes

Good luck!! When will it all happen?
We leave for Disney June 9, return on June 19, and my surgery is scheduled for June 21. :scared: What better way to prepare for surgery? :goodvibes

They are fixing it all while they are in there - hernia, removing a strange lump over my liver that doesn't show up on scans, and taking a lymph node biopsy... hopefully nothing new will be added to the list in the next few weeks! ;)

My new doc is wonderful! I'm so glad I changed. She wasn't very happy about the comment from the old doc ("Your symptoms seem pancreatic, but pancreatic cancer doesn't show up until it is too late to do anything about it. So, I think we should stop testing.") She is even planning a MRCP eventually - depending on how everything else turns out.

First the funny part.....we were on the Disney Cruise and Tommy did make flubber, but this is where it gets funny.. We went on an excursionone of the days and somehow... typical excursion mistakes.. not enough seats on the bus we were on so Tom somehow got stuck sitting in a jumpseat between two adult seats.. His seat was lower than the two seats he was sitting between so he turned his hat backwards and was acting like a little kid. It was ridiculous that he had to sit in a jumpseat and Disney was horrified that the excursion company did this to an adult, (Disney was suppose to refund our money, never did, but that is a whole other story). Anyway, the day before in the kids room on the ship, the adults were invited in and they all made flubber...so Tom kept saying as he sat in the jumpseat to the two adults on either side of him.. I made flubber in his best little boy voice, hat on backwards....those of us who were on the bus with him were absolutely hysterical....but one of the adults on his right did not know him and she was getting nervous.. So when we got to the next stop on the excursion, she changed seats with her husband, which made us even more hysterical.

Long story, had to be there, but that is why it says what it says in my tag.

"("Your symptoms seem pancreatic, but pancreatic cancer doesn't show up until it is too late to do anything about it. So, I think we should stop testing.") " This made me crazy....what if someone said that to my husband, he would not be here right now. If you catch pancreatic early enough and you can catch it early, you have a chance to fight this disease. I would report this doctor to the AMA and maybe your insurance company and whoever else you think might make a difference in this doctor's attitude.. Shame on him..

Let's focus on your trip and you enjoying yourself and when you get back, focus on getting some answers for you..

We are here for you... sorry about the epistle.. Hugs!!!!

Have a wonderful trip :thumbsup2 and come back with lots of pixies to get you through the next round.It is truly great to find a doctor who will really rty and find out what is wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter