Never stayed on Disney Property....

Having just stayed at both BWI and GF the first week of December, I still vote for the GF. BWI is a great location for Epcot and MGM - and there's all the action of the Boardwalk area. But it feels very busy to me and it was hard to get away from all that energy. The GF has a very calming effect on me - the grounds are so spacious and beautiful. And even though MK is just a monorail stop away, you really feel insulated from all the action. The rooms at GF are slightly larger than BWI (440 sf vs. 422 sf) and I think the views are better. Good luck with your decision!

If you can, stay at a monorail resort such as the Poly or Grand Floridian. Otherwise, I love the moderate resorts such as Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. They are affordable, beautiful and very Disney! :)

princess lovers mom said:
I say look at the BC or YC...nice to walk over to EPCOT or for a stroll in evening on the Boardwalk...nice relaxing beach...

I agree about the Epcot area resorts, and I do think Boardwalk Inn is a very nice resort too. It's not as grand as the GF, but it's still very pretty. I know my mom would like shopping or touring Epcot's World Showcase, and it's only a 5 minute walk from the Boardwalk (or a short boat ride).

I also like the Contemporary and they have the largest rooms. The CR is more urban and busy than the other deluxe resorts though.

Heck, go big and book the GF, that's so wonderful, the beauty of the resort, the facility is amazing, the food incredible and the views, breath taking! And you're so close to the MK! Have fun!

Sigh....I've been trying to get a reservation since last night. I was on hold for 45 minutes and finally when they answered they said GF was sold out for Feb 5-8! I made a reservation at the AKL. When I checked online this morning, GF had vacancies, so I'm confused?? Thanks for all the great advice! Now I'm sold on the GF but don't know if I can get a room! :guilty:

By the way, 63 is not that old!! ;)

POFQ is a lovely resort, with the boats to DTD - my friend and I stay there - she is 63, and she loves it..it is a very nice resort! Very relaxing...CBR rooms are nearly the same size as AKL at 340 sq ft..also a very, very relaxing resort!! Feels like you've landed on an island a million miles away!

I loved the GF too, but you'll want to be careful to stay away from the dormer rooms - they do not have a nice full balcony (aprivacy balcony) and the rooms do not seem as large due to the ceilings. Bathrooms are lovely at GF. Large double sink area. Also, automatic turn down service each night.

Poly rooms in Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui are 452 sq ft. Of course, Poly has the monorail and the water shuttle.
Have you checked out Tikiman's site? http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

Enjoy wherever you stay!

PS CRO told me that online has different availabilty.

I just saw on another thread that someone was offered OKW 1 bedroom villa for $260/night with an AP rate. Have you tried any of those?

Keep calling CRO every day. People always cancel reservations so maybe you can still get the GF. Don't give up. CALL!!!!

I vote for GF. It's our favorite resort. It's right on the monorail and it's a beautiful resort. I'm sure your mom would love the lobby with the orchestra playing at night. It's great for kids too with 1900 Park Fare, Gasparilla's and the Pirate Cruise, Wonderland Tea Party and Grand Adventures in Cooking. You also have a very nice view of the fireworks from either the boat dock or the marina. You can get a garden view room and request Sago Cay marina view for a lovely view of the marina and a relaxing, quiet area of the resort.

wdwgoofeeee said:
Keep calling CRO every day. People always cancel reservations so maybe you can still get the GF. Don't give up. CALL!!!!

Thanks! That's exactly what I've been doing everyday! GF still sold out, but I'm going to keep trying! I won't go down without a fight! Thanks for all the great advice! :cool1:

I just called and got a lodge tower room at the AP rate of $340!! Yeah!! I'm so excited! Has anybody stayed in a lodge tower room? Would love some info on it! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Don't rule out CR: we love it! It's easy to pick up the monorail or to walk to MK. The rooms are spacious enough for all of you. It's bright and light. Poly is dark. Good luck and have a great trip! Del

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!