Never Made ADRs Before...

vicky33006

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

So I've never made any ADRs before. I've only been to WDW once and it was ten years ago...we ate all QS. So, I've been planning on making them all, but I have a little problem...well maybe.

I can make them on September 11. My schedule is pretty busy in the mornings, and I'm not sure I'll be able to have the time to make them until night time. We are going during peak season. Will it really make the difference on whether we will be able to get certain ressies if I don't call or go online in the morning? Is it really that crazy? If it is, I'll find a way...I'm just not able to spend hours doing this in the morning.

If it helps at all...we aren't trying for BOG, Ohana, or Le Cellier. I don't think the locations we are trying for are the MOST popular... This is the list of ADRs we are trying to get:

Chef Mickey
Garden Grill
T-Rex
Sci-Fi
Hoop Dee Doo
Mama Melrose (F! package)

So do I need to be on the phone or computer first thing in the morning to get these?

Hi everyone!

So I've never made any ADRs before. I've only been to WDW once and it was ten years ago...we ate all QS. So, I've been planning on making them all, but I have a little problem...well maybe.

I can make them on September 11. My schedule is pretty busy in the mornings, and I'm not sure I'll be able to have the time to make them until night time. We are going during peak season. Will it really make the difference on whether we will be able to get certain ressies if I don't call or go online in the morning? Is it really that crazy? If it is, I'll find a way...I'm just not able to spend hours doing this in the morning.

If it helps at all...we aren't trying for BOG, Ohana, or Le Cellier. I don't think the locations we are trying for are the MOST popular... This is the list of ADRs we are trying to get:

Chef Mickey
Garden Grill
T-Rex
Sci-Fi
Hoop Dee Doo
Mama Melrose (F! package)

So do I need to be on the phone or computer first thing in the morning to get these?

Welcome to the DIS ! I do think you are okay.... Maybe just get a bit organized about the order which you will make your ressies..
I've only enjoyed the last 3 locations...

But based on my thoughts... I'd get HDDR FIRST... (Tier 1 seating) then I'd do the MM F! package.... then I'd get CM...then the rest....

Sci Fi is pretty popular too...

The dining events that will fill up first are CRT, Le Cellier and Imagineer dining IMHO.....Those are the ones that you need to be on the phone for first....

We loved your last 3 dining locations in May 2012 ... I have reviews if you are interested...
Have a magical visit !

Mary

I have done it both ways and I have to say that it took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish at 7am the day I could make reservations, it was very fast. Online is fast but each one is done seperately, so you should think about which one is first priority to you, second priority etc. Some of your list (ie Chef Mickey) can be a little harder to get than others. Once I made my entire list by phone I was able to add alot more online as they aren't as popular. I also think that the new credit card / cancellation policy has helped to make it easier to get the ADR's that you might want. Word of warning, it gets addictive to make them online, I kept adding and adding, changing and changing and I am still doing that frequently. And before I get flamed by fellow Dis'ers - I don't make multiple reservations , I have no more than 3 ressie's per day and they are at the 3 normal meal times:) When I make a new one or change a time at one I cancel the previous one.

Welcome to the DIS ! I do think you are okay.... Maybe just get a bit organized about the order which you will make your ressies..
I've only enjoyed the last 3 locations...

But based on my thoughts... I'd get HDDR FIRST... (Tier 1 seating) then I'd do the MM F! package.... then I'd get CM...then the rest....

Sci Fi is pretty popular too...

The dining events that will fill up first are CRT, Le Cellier and Imagineer dining IMHO.....Those are the ones that you need to be on the phone for first....

We loved your last 3 dining locations in May 2012 ... I have reviews if you are interested...
Have a magical visit !

Mary

Oh yes very interested in any reviews!!! Especially for Mama Melrose as it's the one I'm most concerned with.

I think I have everything pretty well organized. I know which park I'm hoping to be in each day, and even have times I would love to get the reservations for....at least I'm hoping! Thanks so much for this, especially giving me the best order to make the ADRs!

I have done it both ways and I have to say that it took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish at 7am the day I could make reservations, it was very fast. Online is fast but each one is done seperately, so you should think about which one is first priority to you, second priority etc. Some of your list (ie Chef Mickey) can be a little harder to get than others. Once I made my entire list by phone I was able to add alot more online as they aren't as popular. I also think that the new credit card / cancellation policy has helped to make it easier to get the ADR's that you might want. Word of warning, it gets addictive to make them online, I kept adding and adding, changing and changing and I am still doing that frequently. And before I get flamed by fellow Dis'ers - I don't make multiple reservations , I have no more than 3 ressie's per day and they are at the 3 normal meal times:) When I make a new one or change a time at one I cancel the previous one.

I can see myself becoming very addicted to making changes! :lmao: Maybe I will give it a try in the morning. I'm just worried about it taking too long with everything else I have going on. I will be at school myself early in the morning, and it might be possible to sneak in a little time to make online ADRs during my first class :rolleyes:

Fantasmic is hard to get. Especially Mama Melrose. But the others 'should' be easier. Imo
If you cant get Trex. Call them directly. They almost always have availability when WDW says nothing is available.

Just one other note to make: if Sept 11 is your 180 day. Sometimes the shows (like HDDR) and packages (F. dining package) aren't loaded into the system yet. You may have to keep checking until they become available.

I think you'll only have a problem if you're attached to particular meal times. If you're willing to go with whatever is available, then you should be fine.

It really doesn't take that long to do them if you know what you're doing. Familiarize yourself with the process beforehand, and it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. The thing that takes the most time is inputting credit card information, so have that ready to go.
I agree that Hoopdeedoo, Mama Melrose, and Chef Mickey's should be a priority, but if that's all you get done in the morning, there likely still will be availability for the other 3 later in the day.

Fantasmic is hard to get. Especially Mama Melrose. But the others 'should' be easier. Imo
If you cant get Trex. Call them directly. They almost always have availability when WDW says nothing is available.

Thanks for the tip on T-Rex. That's one of the ones I really want to get. I think DS will love it!

Just one other note to make: if Sept 11 is your 180 day. Sometimes the shows (like HDDR) and packages (F. dining package) aren't loaded into the system yet. You may have to keep checking until they become available.

Thank you for letting me know! I didn't know this!

I think you'll only have a problem if you're attached to particular meal times. If you're willing to go with whatever is available, then you should be fine.

It really doesn't take that long to do them if you know what you're doing. Familiarize yourself with the process beforehand, and it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. The thing that takes the most time is inputting credit card information, so have that ready to go.
I agree that Hoopdeedoo, Mama Melrose, and Chef Mickey's should be a priority, but if that's all you get done in the morning, there likely still will be availability for the other 3 later in the day.

Thanks so much! I think I will give it a try in the morning, and if I can't get to it, then I'll try not to stress about it and get to it later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter