Never going shopping again!!!

tubachick

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Official DIS "good
Just a little vent/ self talking-- sorry bear with me!!!

:flower3:

Well, we move into our new house around thanksgiving, and I was "caught" with all of my Scrapbooking boxes. --- so, now I am getting around to unpacking all of those boxes. I notice that I have scrapped successfully the last few months with out much of my "very important things".

I have been organizing my new scrap space (thanks to the help of the great ideas here on the dis and over on twopeas). and the shelves are almost all in and soon my "stuff" will be put away.

But I think I have enough that I will never have to shop for scrap stuff again.

Or at least until the next time I go to class or crop at my LSS!!!

Well, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Thanks for listening. :thanks:

LOL that's how I feel everytime I clean up my scrap room!!!!!

but then there's a coupon...or a cool line of paper....or a ....well youget the picture? :rolleyes1

scrappinmom said:

but then there's a coupon...or a cool line of paper....or a ....well youget the picture? :rolleyes1

YES..... thats how it adds up..... Very addictive, there should be a rehab center for this....

oh wait, they do, its called a Weekend Crop!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

I know what you mean! I've got a packed w/ myself that I can't shop any more for a month or two unless it is a MUST! I'm saving for Florida..
But we need the little letter punches and there was a 40% off coupon this weekend and JoAnn's and paper was 4/$1 so I got everything for less than 30.00.... but I can't shop! I can't! I wanna go to Florida..
DH said I should have enough to get me by or I can get it from my mom! LOL

Now, my dd is scrapbooking for 4H so we have given her an allotment for what she can't find from my items!
It's so addicting!!!!

I know what you mean. I went to the LSS today and spent $125 about 1/3 of the stuff I really needed for swaps but the rest was just so darn cute. This doesn't even count the stuff I bought at Joanns yesterday.
I need a 12 step program! :lmao:

There's a thread over on the Budget Board about Oprah's Debt Diet episodes. I haven't seen any, but started reading it on her website last night. One of the families is like $81,000 in debt if I remember correctly, & when the debt counselor was helping them figure out where money goes, she's got over $2500 in scrapping supplies.

Well, luckily, we have no debt, but I too am ashamed to even know how much I've got or have spent in supplies. I'm in process of moving scrapping into another room, & I'm sure the truth will come out. :guilty:

I probably have about $2000 in stuff. I really should add it up maybe I won't buy anymore. NAHHHH!!! I don't even want to think about it!

I was just watching TV this afternoon (Clean Sweep I think)....and he said the lady had about $15,000 in supplies/inventory. It looked like she was a CM consultant or something. :sad2:

He made her sell some of it off at the yardsale. She had so much she didn't know what she had, so she just kept ordering it I guess. They got her organized afterwards of course.

She must of lost alot of $, because they only made $1000 total at yardsale & that was with other items too of course. (one lady made a huge scrapping purchase & it was like $225 for a couple of boxes worth)

SplshMtn99 said:
I was just watching TV this afternoon (Clean Sweep I think)....and he said the lady had about $15,000 in supplies/inventory. It looked like she was a CM consultant or something. :sad2:

He made her sell some of it off at the yardsale. She had so much she didn't know what she had, so she just kept ordering it I guess. They got her organized afterwards of course.

She must of lost alot of $, because they only made $1000 total at yardsale & that was with other items too of course. (one lady made a huge scrapping purchase & it was like $225 for a couple of boxes worth)
:scared1: I'd like to think I am not that bad.... but who knows... maybe clean sweep could help me out!!!! :rotfl2:

scrappinmom said:

Um, yep, what she said, lol!

I've been pretty good lately and I did sell some of my "why did I buy that, I've never used it" stuff at a LSS garage sale a couple of months ago. What is great is that I got store credit. :cool1: I love going in there for a little "retail therapy" and not spending a thing out of my pocket.

Going through my things helped me realize how much I do have. :blush: I am really trying to shop for a purpose now - specific projects or pages. Not always successful, but trying.

Jeanne

Accumulating scrapbook items is addictive :)! Every so often I go through my stuff & weed out. I just donated some sb goodies to a Girl Scout troop. I was good for awhile about not shopping for any more sb supplies, but then one of my lss went out of business & had sales :).

scrapcreator said:
Um, yep, what she said, lol!

I've been pretty good lately and I did sell some of my "why did I buy that, I've never used it" stuff at a LSS garage sale a couple of months ago. What is great is that I got store credit. :cool1: I love going in there for a little "retail therapy" and not spending a thing out of my pocket.

Going through my things helped me realize how much I do have. :blush: I am really trying to shop for a purpose now - specific projects or pages. Not always successful, but trying.

Jeanne

I have a LSS that holds garage sales too. I've been thinking about selling my Sizzix and dies at the next one. I may consider ebaying it though, since the LSS's prices on things are kinda high (and about half of their stuff don't have prices on them). I was in there last week to pick up some stuff and found some cute embossed Mickey cardstock- no price to be found and I forgot to ask. Got home and checked my receipt- I paid $3 for 2 sheets of that cardstock! I don't know if that's the going rate, but I know I WON'T make that mistake again (it was cute but not THAT cute, kwim?)!

I haven't been scrapping long, but I have accumulated quite a bit of stuff. Other than a big cm order that I will place in May, I think I am going to cut back quite a bit on the shopping. May if I shopped less, I would have more time to actually scrap! :rolleyes1

kaddjr said:
I haven't been scrapping long, but I have accumulated quite a bit of stuff. Other than a big cm order that I will place in May, I think I am going to cut back quite a bit on the shopping. May if I shopped less, I would have more time to actually scrap! :rolleyes1

OK---- That's what I am going to do TOO!!!

I Promise to shop less and crop more after MAY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter