Never cruised...

JaxDad

DIS Veteran
but considering a 3-day Bahamas trip on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Canaveral this Summer. It would be me, my 11-year old DS and 8-year old DD. Someone told me RC would be a better first cruise than the more convenient and probably cheaper Carnival, especially with the kids. What are the real pros and cons of a cruising vacation and this particular ship and itinerary? It's not cheap, so I just need more intel to get me to pull the trigger or consider another vacation. (I'm thinking of a Keys road trip or maybe Pigeon Forge, TN.) I appreciate your help!

I have found some good info with additional searching here and elsewhere. I would definitely still appreciate feedback from parents of kids who went on a similar cruise. Thanks again!

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 8. We've only done rccl And have enjoyed them all. There was plenty for him to do on the ship and off. We made sure to pick a cruise with 5 ports of call so we could get off almost daily or stay on if felt necessary. He had a blast and wanted to stay longer. I would never pick the keys over a cruise. Been there once and will never go back. Probably the worst place to vacation east of the Mississippi IMO. I love PF area, however my family isn't to keen on that vacation.

We've never been on EoTS but I've read good things about it.

Thank you IndyRnRfan!
Anytime. I am not the most experienced cruiser on here but I will answer things to the best of my knowledge. My wife just got off of FoTS in Feb. She was going to sail EoTS but her friend wanted to try the bigger ship instead.

We often cruised when I was a kid, it was blast to get to meet other kids. I'm sure my parents enjoyed not having to watch me all day too. My first cruise was at age 8 and I remember it too. Hope you guys have a great trip!

I love cruises and think that they are excellent vacations for families. We have done four cruises, three of them with small children and plan to do another later in the year. Going on a cruise would allow you to spend some time with your kids and some time without them if you'd like. We have done two Carnival cruises, one Disney and one Royal Caribbean and we loved going ton Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. It's bigger than EOTS but Royal still tends to have several family activities scheduled throughout the day. Your kids could go swimming and do the rock climbing wall or bungee trampoline. There is also an arcade (keep tabs on the bill or limit it) and kids club activities. You could go to the Vitality Spa (love how it smells in there) or hang out in the adult only Solarium. Or you could just lounge on the deck and do nothing but relax. In the Bahamas you could do a beach excursion or something like swimming with dolphins.

just back from sailing on this particular ship.

there are loads of activities for the kids to do! me and my wife were surprised at how much there was to do for them. there is an arcade, dedicated kid activities for all ages during the day and night, movie days/nights on the pool deck, several pools for the kids to swim in, a rock climbing wall on the back of the ship and that was just some of it that we saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter