NetFlix or Blockbuster

which has a better deal ???

• Netflix

• Blockbuster

• or just monthly with Hollywood Video

• or you just do PPV with your cable company

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did Netflix for a year and was throttled (meaning I rented so many movies that Netflix literally put a slow down alert on my account...so it would take literally a week to get one movie. Over and over.) They admit to this practice (or at least admitted to it). I canceled after a year.

Blockbuster for the last year and it's working out well. We live near a BB, so that helps. I love being able to return a movie right away and get another one if I want something. Turnaround for BB is about 1-2 days with the mail in system for me.

I do the Blockbuster and love it. It is so much quicker to go to the store and get the disk into the system plus another rental. There have been times that if the disk gets taken to the store in the AM, one will be at my house the next day from the distribution center, so there are times I will have 6 movies out in my queue - 3 with me and 3 on their way back.

Plus, I get 2 coupons for free movie or game rentalsa month, so this way I can try out the Wii games before spending money on them if I don't like them

Netflix also has a larger selection of obscure movies. Also, there isn't a blockbuster near my apartment so it would be pointless for me to switch. I've enjoyed Netflix. The only time I had to wait for movies was around Christmas time when the mail is backed up.

posted this before: I have had both, will never do Blockbuster again!!

Had a terrible run around with BB's "customer service" - they tried to charge CC for something that went against information (a return date after I stopped membership for the summer) that they sent me - I had it in print. CS was nasty and rude even though they knew they were in the wrong. I took it to my CC company -as soon as I said I had it in writing - they took it off my CC without my having to fill out the forms.

After that I tried Netflix: throttling isn't as bad, newer movies had less of a wait, older movies didn't come damaged and unplayable (this was a CONSTANT with BB!), the website works better.....

so - Netflix!

We have had Netflix for years - I boycott Blockbuster so they won't get a dime from me regardless of what deals they are offering.

We love it!

IF the Blockbuster store is convenient to you (as it is for me), Blockbuster is hands down a better deal

I got Netflix years ago and never tried Blockbuster. I like the "No Late Fees" thing. :) If you are just into current popular movies and don't watch tons, go PPV for a while and see how much you spend. Might save that way.

But, if you want old movies that aren't classics, a mail-order service is the BEST! They have almost everything. :)

I've been looking into both as well, but how's the pickings for anime(i.e Trigun and Witch Hunter Robin) and tv seasons? Otherwise I rent in store from Blockbuster most of the time

this is the same reason my dsis kept her netflix ... she likes alot of foreign films:confused3

i have had netflix for awhile and their turnaround time i amazing. plus, netflix seems to have more variety and osme of the random movies i am interested in seeing that blockbuster does not have.

this is the same reason my dsis kept her netflix ... she likes alot of foreign films:confused3

Anime is basically a cartoon(think the action block on Adult Swim) but from Japan. I fell into the genre via Cowboy Bebop so before I buy a series I rent first(since the one local place with a decent selection is on the other side of town)

I've had both Netflix and Blockbuster, and I like Blockbuster the best. They're cheaper (at least they were when I signed up) and I also get online coupons for free in-store rentals, and special deals on previously owned dvd's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter