Netflix on Tivo - My Tivo is definitely coming to the fort!

chilipyro

Mouseketeer
I just tried the new Netflix video on demand feature on my Tivo HD. What a great idea! It's too bad you can't browse movie selections from Tivo, but other than that, I was amazed by the quality of the picture and the lack of pauses or skips. We played on a 43" flat screen, and it was very good. Not as good quality as the best DVDs, but better quality than a lot of DVDs I have seen. The large selection is all older movies and TV shows (a few movies were popular last year), but there is plenty of good material to choose from.

Anyway, I had been thinking of bringing my Tivo with me before, to timeshift shows coming in through the FW cable. This is icing on the cake though.

We just tried this a couple of days ago, for the first time. In my case, I couldn't tell much of a difference between what streamed from Netflix and HD -- I think it depends on the film.

The problem with the Netflix service is that it doesn't support closed captions, and my wife is hearing impaired, so for now, even though it otherwise works fine, it is pretty-much worthless to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter