Nemesis Challenge 2

He is on the plane home now. Sorry we didn't get to meet Chris, I would have liked that.

The race took a lot out of me so besides resort hopping and dinner at DTD that night I was pretty much wiped out. Then Sunday was my only park day so my cousin and I were racing through MK and Epcot. I couldn't even stay til Wishes on Sunday- I was feeling pukey and left right before it started. Maybe next time.

Figures you would try to squeeze something out of us!!! The dole whips are an exchange fee for you being able to have a replacement runner.. I told Chris you would be nervous to accept.The threat of your nemmy joining a team and collecting a free dole whip for his team scares the crap out of you.You have seen me dragging my butt around the world !! what you afraid of ?

PullingMyHairOut.gif

Carl, you Son of a Beverly! Fine! There will not be a Replacement runner, You Will Have To Face ME! MANO A MANO! You and Me! We'll see who wins, the Old Man or the kid!

PullingMyHairOut.gif

Carl, you Son of a Beverly! Fine! There will not be a Replacement runner, You Will Have To Face ME! MANO A MANO! You and Me! We'll see who wins, the Old Man or the kid!

OoOOoooooOOOHHHHH! This is going to be fun. Not only do we get to see them race, we get 12 months of trash talking. ::yes::

Now to decide where to put my support?:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao:

I hereby challenge my Nemesis, Steve Wiley, to race me in the Disney Half Marathon in 2014. Up for it old man? Got a year to train

Pick your teams, dads!

:thumbsup2

OK, then I challenge my nemesis CJ to show up and drink with me while we watch.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

He's already got a year of training in - what do you think he did this weekend?

I am officially challenging my nemesis to the 2015 version. We both need the time to train!

You'd be very surprised how much training you can get done in a year. 2014 is certainly doable, even for a non-runner. I give you examples A and B:

IMG_4853.JPG

This almost makes me wish I had a nemesis.
You're cousin would be a good one. She really took you behind the woodshed on the half this year. (Me too, of course. But she's your cousin)

Barry's working on it!

:scared1::scared1:

A year isn't enough? Come on David! You can do it

Its not the training. I have ran a couple of halfs before. I only have two weeks avacation a year (august to August anniversary) and we will be required to take two one week trips to Bulgaria for the adoption. I am hoping we will have that completed before the summer of 2014.

As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first steps, and I took those today. Did the jeffgalloway.com first day 5K training program (for my goal of 5K in May). Did 15 minutes (1 minute run, 2-3 minutes walk) for just about a mile. Slightly slower than my eventually goal, but at least I started!

Great job :thumbsup2

PullingMyHairOut.gif

Oh snap! Its on like Donkey Kong! :lmao:

So, it will be

cb0990277b3f5a885fe0e5150ace2d47.gif

AND

2bff2f7c2877574e9f4c165e5ae656bd.gif

I am going with Team Rocket Randall :thumbsup2

You're cousin would be a good one. She really took you behind the woodshed on the half this year. (Me too, of course. But she's your cousin)

At the 5k mark she looked at her watch and said "wow, I've never run 3.1 miles in 33 minutes before". I say, "yeah, we're really moving". She says, "No- I've never gone this slow before." We split up at the castle. Til then we ran about a 10:30 pace. After that she ran at a 8:30 pace. She beat me by a half hour. But guess who won at Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin? That's right- me!

I'm not sure what she weighs now, but she only decided to run about a year ago. Since then she has lost 80 pounds and is one of those running addicts. I'm not sure having her as a nemesis would be a good idea. It would be like the Bears/Packers rivalry in the 90's. It's not a rivalry if only one team is good.

She says she's going Goofy next year.

I just want to chime in and say that for any of you who think you can't do this, you can. One year ago I weighed 310 lbs. Through diet and exercise I lost 40 lbs in 2012. When I started my training in June I could barely run for 2 minutes. In September I did my first 5k. I then did 10k's in October and November. This past weekend I did the half in 2:47:07. This was about 17 minutes off my goal but I didn't factor in how much the crowds would slow me down at the beginning and I am still recovering from a sinus infection/cold that I think slowed me down a bit. I'll be back to do more halfs and hopefully eventually a full. Going to try and lose another 40-50 lbs this year and then I can be even more competitive!

PullingMyHairOut.gif

And as Barry is helping Chris, I hereby Declare Myself...

2bff2f7c2877574e9f4c165e5ae656bd.gif

Oh you did notJust go there ! accepting in that stinking ratbird purple.

Its on now!!

d938e5c5966d8820b86d6ee346cdb641.gif

I may have to talk to Steve abut the cloros

And as Barry is helping Chris, I hereby Declare Myself...

Slow down just a minute....I have yet to pick sides. Right now I more like a mercenary - guns for hire, that type of thing. Doc asked for a Logo, and I'm working on it. If Steve asks for a Logo, I'll help him out too.

At the 5k mark she looked at her watch and said "wow, I've never run 3.1 miles in 33 minutes before". I say, "yeah, we're really moving". She says, "No- I've never gone this slow before." We split up at the castle. Til then we ran about a 10:30 pace. After that she ran at a 8:30 pace. She beat me by a half hour. But guess who won at Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin? That's right- me!
And THAT'S What matters! (Well, actually Toy Story Mania Matters more because I'm better at it than Buzz. But you get the idea)
I'm not sure what she weighs now, but she only decided to run about a year ago. Since then she has lost 80 pounds and is one of those running addicts. I'm not sure having her as a nemesis would be a good idea. It would be like the Bears/Packers rivalry in the 90's. It's not a rivalry if only one team is good.
Bears/Packers of the 90s huh? Couldn't think of a more recent example of a one sided rivalry? Like Packers/Bears of the 2000s?

I just want to chime in and say that for any of you who think you can't do this, you can. One year ago I weighed 310 lbs. Through diet and exercise I lost 40 lbs in 2012. When I started my training in June I could barely run for 2 minutes. In September I did my first 5k. I then did 10k's in October and November. This past weekend I did the half in 2:47:07. This was about 17 minutes off my goal but I didn't factor in how much the crowds would slow me down at the beginning and I am still recovering from a sinus infection/cold that I think slowed me down a bit. I'll be back to do more halfs and hopefully eventually a full. Going to try and lose another 40-50 lbs this year and then I can be even more competitive!

Excellent!

As they say, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first steps, and I took those today. Did the jeffgalloway.com first day 5K training program (for my goal of 5K in May). Did 15 minutes (1 minute run, 2-3 minutes walk) for just about a mile. Slightly slower than my eventually goal, but at least I started!

Awesome Chris! Starting to train is the toughest part, you're well on your way! :cool1::cool1:

I'll give you my only piece of running advice; "Left foot, right foot." As silly as that is, it's gotten me through many a grueling training run and race.

I have a way on how to slow Paul down!!!:drinking1

Carl found my kryptonite!!!! ::yes::

PullingMyHairOut.gif

And Boom goes the dynamite!!! pixiedust:

You did amazing, great job on the weight loss and the run. :thumbsup2

Slow down just a minute....I have yet to pick sides. Right now I more like a mercenary - guns for hire, that type of thing. Doc asked for a Logo, and I'm working on it. If Steve asks for a Logo, I'll help him out too.

Sorry I did not mean to infer that you had join with Team Doctor. I'm sure that that loser coyote team could use all the help they can get.

I think we need a thread that is just for running in general. Whether you've got a race on the calendar, a nemesis challenge or if you're just considering getting started in running, it would be a good place for updates and encouragement.

She says she's going Goofy next year.

Well we all know what's more important. Congrats on the Ranger Spin victory! :woohoo::woohoo:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Congratulations on the success and losing the weight.:thumbsup2 I am now using you as my inspiration to get there in January. I just started running after 13 months off from knee surgery. I am up to 11 minutes of running every day or every other day, depending on the knee. I hope to get to run the 1/2 in January. If not, I'll cheer you guys on and do it when I can. I have gained 40 pounds from inactivity and plan to lose at least that as well more. ::yes::

Let's get all the dads out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter