Need Your Med Cruise Tips/Blogs/Trip Reports!

Tracerr00

DIS Veteran
I just booked our first Med cruise for August 10, 2013! :banana::banana:I'll be going with my sister and 14 year old (she'll be 14 at that time). I've been looking on the boards for any tips from past cruisers. Anal Annie posted a link to her blog and I got so much out of it and it got me thinking that I'd love to see others! It's never too early to start planning right? If you have any tips or links to share from your past Med cruise I'd love to see them! Anything about excursions or ports or planning would be awesome. We'd love to do at least a few ports on our own. Thanks in advance!

I have a blog linked below. My trip report is in the July section!

And, no, it's never too early to plan...that's half the fun!

Med cruise Trip Report linked in my Signature below!

Enjoy!

Sayhello

I did a trip report from Med 2011... not sure of the link now but if you search under my threads you'll see it :)

I've just started compiling some planning links over in our 7/13/13 Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeer meet thread. It is in post 3 of our meet thread. Hope this helps. By the way, I've discovered that many links people post (especially youtube ones) become obsolete so can't promise that everything we list on post 3 works!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868129

Beth

Thank you all so much! I have seriously been sitting here reading blogs most of the day as I'm the only person at home today. I've gotten through the Fairy Godblogger report and the Disneyfalcon one. The photos are so amazing and Becky has convinced me to do the Palo brunch! I'm going to have to go through all of the reports again just to start writing down all of the tips I'm finding!!

This report is a very detailed report on Barcelona - we had a 4 night pre cruise stay there. It contains lots of photos and also details of our pre- cruise dis meets.

Med cruise 2007 - details review & pictures of Barcelona and boarding the magic

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1561634&highlight=alien

Hope you enjoy! You can probably tell from the review Barcelona is now my most favourite city! :goodvibes

I kept a Journal but it is on Microsoft Word. If you would like it PM me and I can sent it to your email as an attachment. We loved the cruise. We did a lot of private van tours with other passengers that worked out great. There was a lot less walking because the vans could bring you much closer to the attractions than the buses. Part of the deal in Rome included our own private guide in the Vatican. The van held about 7 people and we split the cost. We had the best time and all the drivers were excellent and we got bak to the ship in pleanty of time.

I kept a Journal but it is on Microsoft Word. If you would like it PM me and I can sent it to your email as an attachment. We loved the cruise. We did a lot of private van tours with other passengers that worked out great. There was a lot less walking because the vans could bring you much closer to the attractions than the buses. Part of the deal in Rome included our own private guide in the Vatican. The van held about 7 people and we split the cost. We had the best time and all the drivers were excellent and we got bak to the ship in pleanty of time.

Thanks! Will PM you!!

I just wanted to share this with you as this Castle was the view I had every morning and night all my life, when I opened and closed my bedroom curtains. :)

caerphest_cat.jpg

Interesting fact: The tower of Pisa, one of the wonders of the world, may be taller than Caerphilly, but it certainly does not lean as much. The figures prove it. Pisa - 180 feet high, 12 foot out of perpendicular, or 1 in 15. Caerphilly - 77 feet high, 11 foot out of perpendicular, or 1 in 7. So may be our leaning tower should become a wonder of the world....

422940_343258032385507_163657880345524_1018441_36566723_n.jpg

If you look at my siggie there's a link to a pre-cruise TR for next year, but I reminisce over the 2010 Med cruise...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter