Need your help.

Totallylovedisney

Earning My Ears
We do not want to take the chance of our debit card not working when we ae there, our bank has a tendency to go down, and my hubby said no more using the credit cards. At that we will be purchasing american express travelers checks. Does anyone know if the are widely accepted and if there is a place near down town disney that cashs them? We are staying at the royal plaza.
Thanks in advance

Amex Travelers Checks are accepted MOST anywhere. I don't know about DTD but the bank at MK sells and cashes them. Hope this info helps. I've been using Amex Travelers Checks for years and never had a problem.:)

Cheers:)

How do they work, I have never used travelers checks. What I mean is do you need several forms of ID like a checking account, or do you just sign the bottom and its just like cash?
Thanks again.

When you buy them, you'll sign them all. Whenever you use one to buy something or get one cashed, you'll sign it again with the cashier watching you. You'll need to show ID, and the cashier will look at the signatures on the check and your ID. When you buy them, you'll get the checks, and you'll get a reciept with your check numbers on it. KEEP THE RECIEPT SEPARATE FROM THE CHECKS!!!!!!!! If you lose the checks or they get stolen, you can use the reciept to cancel and replace them. I've never had to show more than 1 ID, a picture ID is best, and sometimes they don't even ask for ID, they just make sure the 2 signatures on the check are the same.

Cheers:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter