Need Votes on Offsite Choice

ecl

Earning My Ears
Considering going offsite. Which would you pick from the following:

JW Marriott Grande Lakes
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Marriott World
Marriott Harbour Lake

Looking for very nice (preferably luxurious) rooms, great pool/waterslide, convenient drive to WDW (we will have rental car).
Family with 8 and 5 year old kids.

Thanks!

I think if money were not an issue, I would probably go with the Hyatt Grand Cypress...if it was in the villas. We prefer a villa setup with kids (we have 3) because we like to have a kitchen (not that I cook on vacation) for snacks and coffee in the morning. We also like the large master bedrooms with jacuzzi tubs and separate sleeping areas for the kids with their own tv's.

If it were just the hotel, I would probably choose Harbour Lakes. I don't think it is as "luxurious" as the others, but I like the extra space. Actually, I think I would also suggest Marriott's Grande Vista Resort over Harbour Lakes.

Not sure if I helped you or not! :) Happy planning!:santa:

The pools are great at the Grande Vista. If you go to Marriott's Vacation Club site, they may have pictures. Another site that may is redweek.com.

Hope this helps!

The adults will like Grand Vista but the kids will like Harbour Lake (used to be called Horizons) better.

I've stayed at both of those, HL is smaller and has a pirate themed pool, a way cool water slide and is more cozy. GV is much bigger more classy and would be a better choice if anyone in your party is a golfer.

If the trip is more for the adults GV wins, if its for the kids, HL wins.

I haven't been to the other places on your list, but I don't like staying in a hotel, I like the condo deal if we are to be away for more than 2 or 3 days.

In my travels I have yet to be disappointed in a Marriott.

We stayed at Grande Vista with our 9 year old and liked it a lot. I don't remember seeing a slide at the pool.
The JW Marriott looks amazing, and Harbor Lakes seems to be both nice and family friendly.
Good luck!

If your kids are older than 8 I would say Harbour Lake/Horizons is not a good fit. The pool areas are geared toward the younger kids.

I am selling a week at the Star Islnd resort for $500.00. It is a week in a one bedroom unit the week of March 27, 2010. If interested cal 850-235-0828.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter