Need Two Bedrooms

Piglette

Disneyphile
We will be going to WDW next summer. Just discovered we will need a two bedroom place. 3 adults, children ages 5, 7, and infant. Which on property resorts have 2 bedroom options? What resorts would you recommend? I've never needed a two bedroom place before so I'm clueless.
Thanks!

Congratulation Piglette,

We too were in the same boat. 3 adults and 4 kids. The options aren't many. Either book 2 rooms, or do one of the vacation home resorts with a 2 bedroom. We found those to be quite expensive and discounted not too often. CRO had recommended Old Key West. After much thought, we decided to go by route of 2 rooms at AKL. They have great discounts and felt that 2 rooms would be a better financial choice for us.

I believe the Wilderness cabins sleep 6, but since one is an infant, they'll give you a crib and you should be fine.

Good luck planning.

Your on site options:

1. With 5 and an infant you actually can stay in one room where they have sleeping for five such as the Monorail MK resorts and Epcot resorts and some at PO--rule is 5 plus an infant in a crib is allowed in those rooms that will sleep 5. However, that would be a tight fit.

2. You can get two connecting rooms at any of the hotels.

3. You can try for a 2BR villa at OKW, BWV, VWL, or BCV which are the Disney Vacation Club resorts. Price through Disney is high. However, you can rent through a DVC member for significantly less than Disney charges--see DVC rent/trade board on this site. Those all have full kitchens, w/d, and two bathrooms and would be much larger than two connecting rooms at a hotel.

4. You can get a 1BR suite at some of the resorts (deluxes, Coronado; sometimes called "deluxe" rooms such as at WL) which have two queens in the bedroom and a pull-out full or queen (depending on where) in the living room. Those are usually expensive and two connecting rooms may be cheaper depending on resort.

5. You can get a cabin at FW which sleeps six--queen and bunks in bedroom and pull down double in living room. However, those are not large and 6 is actually a tight fit and there is only 1 bathroom. However, unlike 2BR villas and suites, the cabins often have discounted prices when discounts are generally available.

If you go for a 2-BR vacation home at OKW, you get kitchen, refrigerator, and probably most important-full size washer and dryer. DH and I saw the 2-BR last year, haven't stayed in it yet, when we were in a studio at OKW looking for a place to stay next year for my son's graduation. I just walked around open-mouthed it was so beautiful. JMHO.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We'll need more privacy, so I don't think any of the one bedrooms will work. The home away from home resorts are just too expensive for us through Disney, and since we'll need some flexibility on dates, we probably can't rent DVC points. That leaves us with adjoining rooms. We'll probably do a moderate.

That said, a few more questions:
1.We'll need a refrigerator. Are those available at all of the moderates?
2.What about a microwave? I'm sure not available, but will they let you put one in the room to warm baby bottles?
3.Will they guarantee adjoining rooms? Our third adult will be someone coming along to help with the baby, so we really need to have the rooms connected.

Thanks for all of your help.

They will not guarantee connecting rooms unless all occupants of one room will be children, with parents in the connecting room. Since you will have 3 adults, they won't guarantee it. You may have a better chance of getting adjoining rooms but there's no door between them (not good with young ones).

Consider the "suites" at Coronado Springs. They're really just two connecting rooms but sleep 6, with 2 baths. IIRC, they cost about the same as two regular rooms.

For us, offsite would be the solution, as the offsite amenities, space and comforts at many top resorts are excellent for the prices. You could find a full week in a 2BR, perhaps 3BR, for well under $1,000 total - especially if renting from an owner. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter