NEED TO VENT! I'm so dissappointed...

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by mermaidbride1108, Feb 5, 2009.

1. mermaidbride1108

mermaidbride1108 Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09

Ok, so it looks like the stay 4 nights, get 3 nights free will be extended till August 15th. Of course, I have to go and set my date for August 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, I just found out today, that's it's most likely that I'll have the crane in my MK pics!

I'm not having a good day:sad: :sad2: :guilty: :faint: :badpc: :sad1: :furious:

I know that it's pretty selfish to be upset, but I've been watching the codes board and searching for discounts for my guests so it will be more likely that more people will make the trip

Good news - brides (& their guests) before August 15th might be able to get a great deal???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Jackie- There have been rumors that the 4/3 deal will be extened till the end of the year because of the slow economy, so don't give up hope! :)

4. mermaidbride1108

Keira, Thank you! You gave me some hope!:flower3:

5. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

I know in the past they photoshop the crane out of the pics. Of course, that doesn't help visualize it when it's right there behind you! :)

6. arubio0801

arubio0801 It all started with a wish...

I'm sorry to hear maybe they can crop it out..........

7. CharacterFan

CharacterFan Will stop in walkways for characters

Last year, they offered Free Dining starting on Aug 24 or 26th. That discount might help you guests. It was announced April of last year. Also, there might be a room discount. I think there was one of those announced in April/May last year as well.

8. twiu

twiu DIS Veteran

This has nothing to do with it... but I got married on August 31st and it was awesome so it's a good date!!! Good luck to you! :thumbsup2

9. mermaidbride1108

Yay! That's a great thing to hear!

And I can say I'm not worried anymore about the Crane. The crane right now is most likely to be up on Sept 15th to put up Christmas Decorations

10. MaceysMom

MaceysMom Mouseketeer

It looks like we will be there at the same time!!! We are getting married at home on August 29,2009. We will be arriving at Disneyworld for our honeymoon on your wedding day!! Congratulations!! Isn't planning exhausting? :surfweb:

11. AlternateEgo

AlternateEgo Missing the House of the Mouse

We are going Sept. 7th... I too was diappointed about the promotion... but hopefully it will be extended or free dining for us ;)

12. teddygurl28

teddygurl28 DIS Veteran

not that they do the same thing every year, but i was at disney last year 8/27-9/3 and they actually had the crane up and down the week BEFORE i was there to put the lights up...this may have had something to do with the construction of the liberty square bridge so it may have been an anomily (spelling?) but im not sure either way keep your hopes up that like the other said either the 3/4 special or FD comes out for you

13. Bride-to-be

Bride-to-be DIS Veteran

Sorry I am totally out of the loop- whats the deal with the crane? What are they doing and where will it be?

Even if its right up next to the castle could they photographers artfully work around it? I can't be in front of the castle can it?

Maybe they will let you do something special in exchange for the crane being there.

You have to look at the bright side - atleast the castle won't be painted bright pink with birthday candles... Think about how horrible the MK photoshoots were that year...

Also there are other deals to keep in mind - look into AAA discounts and stuff. I am sure they will be running some sort of special.

14. BaBeeCee14

BaBeeCee14 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about the crane. I was told that the crane would be up during my mk shoot too, but guess what? On that day - no crane. It wasn't up that whole week at all. So you never know what might happen. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that it will not be there that day.