Need suggestion for sitdown dinner at Epcot

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
I am so bummed that Teppenayki will be closed during our July trip!!!:guilty:

This was going to be our 1st time trying it.:rolleyes:

I need a suggestion other than Le Cellier(did this last trip and want something new) and Garden Grill(having lunch there for 1st time).:upsidedow

I know this is not brain surgery but I cannot decide on another restaurant.

It will be me, DH, DD6, DD14, DD15 and 2 of DD's teenage friends.:cool2:

What do ya'll think?:idea:

Maybe Germany, they have plenty of big tables there and there is a show that is fun with music and dancing, no characters. It is a buffett but I have always found the food to be very good.
I also really like France, great onion soup and bread.. tables are very close together.
Check out the menus on allearsnet.com that should help you decide if there are foods there that everyone will enjoy.

Alfredo's. At christmas time, dh, mil, dd 13 and I ate there and loved it. The dining room it self was kinda tight.. but it was full. A sign of good food! There is a little entertainment in the form of strolling musician. But he / they didn't play constantly and in your face ( which i do not like! )

the kona cafe at the Poly is a great sitdown meal with something for everyone. we have eaten there twice and are scheduled again for July. we too were bummed to find that our fav Japanese restaurant would be closed during our visit. check the menu for kona at allears.net. it is super.

the Young family

that is allearsnet.com for menus.

I understand from the passporter update that alfredo's will be closing (permanently) at end of July

These are some good suggestions.

I am curious about Germany, everytime I have used the restroom in the Germany area it reeked of cabbage, like rotten cabbage, is it that strong in the restaurant?

I guess we could eat around the world? I have a DDE card so I love saving 20% every time I use it at the sitdowns.

I just don't know. We all love mexican but we ate there years ago and it was not very good. I wish it was better.

This is one of my favorites. The food is filling and the service is always friendly. I like their beef stew so much that I make it at home now.

I agree with Rose and Crown. We tried it for the 1st time in November. It turned out to be the best meal we had for the entire trip. We have added R&C to our list of must do's for our next trip.

I on the Rose & Crown bandwagon - good food, reasonabliy priced and if your going doing a warmer time of year request to sit outside, great view of the fireworks

We like Germany alot, the food is very good and the show is fun!

Another fav of ours is to walk to the Beach Club and have a fantastic dinner at Cap May Clam Bake...the food is the best!

We love the Rose & Crown. Good food and great atmosphere. Make your PS reservations before Illuminations begins. and ask to be seated outside. By the time you finish eating it should be time for Illuminations. You will have a great view.

We weren't that impressed with the food in Mexico. We were expecting the food we get at local Mexican restaurants. I guess this food was more authentic. My kids wouldn't eat any of the Mexican dishes. (Luckily they have a regular kids menu.)

We absolutely love Morocco. Food is great and you even get entertainment with a belly dancer!!!

Tell ya what I'm thinking so far.:idea:

Morroco-everything looks good, just a little concerned about 4 teenage girls and belly dancers (they may think this is weird).:guilty:

Rose and Crown-always been interested, the food just seems a little heavy.:rolleyes:

Germany-interesting, again food looks a little heavy.:rolleyes:

Chefs de France-I know DH and I would like this, not sure about food choices for the kids.:sad1:

Can't decide!!!!!pirate:

Chefs de France, the food is very good, & you get to use your DDE! The best onion soup I've had!

good choices with kids:

San Angel Inn -- go for the LUNCH menu much better

Le Cellier --- can always ask for two tables

Alfredos (if before august) something for everyone even salads

or a quick walk to beach club -- cape may bake, or beaches and cream

Our favorite is Rose and Crown. We love the atmosphere and the food is awesome! Everything tastes better with an english accent! ;) It is the one place we have gone to on every trip since we discovered it. and watching Illuminations on the porch is just a bonus!

We adore Morrocco. One of my boys was a bit worried that belly dancer might try to make him dance with her! Food is always excellent. You have got to try it.:cheer2:

SHovan-that soup sounds yummy. I would pick CDF in a hearbeat if it wasn't for the kids.

Marrakesh is a definent possibility.

Thanks for all the responses.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter