Need some serious planning help please!!

mommy2hannahgrace

Mouseketeer
OK we are leaving 10/4 for orlando. we are not staying on property---about 15 miles away. This is what we want to do--2 days in disney (2 character meals already scheduled), 1 day epcot/animal kingdom. We are traveling with our just 2 year old, and I will be 21 wks pregnant

my questions are--

what tickets should I get?
what are the must-see's in mk, epcot, ak?
can my 2 yr old ride things with us?
how do i get tickets for mickeys halloween party?
are all the attractions in ak included in the price of the tickets? like animal encounters

any other tips would be great!! thanks!!!

OK we are leaving 10/4 for orlando. we are not staying on property---about 15 miles away. This is what we want to do--2 days in disney (2 character meals already scheduled), 1 day epcot/animal kingdom. We are traveling with our just 2 year old, and I will be 21 wks pregnant

my questions are--

are all the attractions in ak included in the price of the tickets? like animal encounters

I'd say get hopper passes if you're ok with spending a little extra and having a day or two left for next time.. (maybe a 4 day, 2 this trip, 2 next trip)..
MK....spend most of your time in FantasyLand..your son will ride most everything there! See Mickeys Philharmagic!!!.
Epcot - Talk with Crush... soo cool!!
AK - The Kilimanjaro Safari is awesome for kids AND adults :) Hit it first tho..animals are most awake in the AM and it fills up fast for fastpass!!
MNSSHP - I haven't done it...not sure..
And, as far as I know...everything in AK was included.. at least I didnt' run across anything that wasnt that *I* wanted to do. Oh..if your son has the slightest fear of bugs... DO NOT take him to see 'its a bugs life'.. .scared my DD 6 half to death!! :eek: :eek:

and...with you being pregnant there (btdt), you guys (you and DS) will enjoy most of the same rides :)
(Hmmm...just realized I assumed it was a boy....your DarlingKid :) )

Your toddler will not be able to do the big thrill rides and roller coasters with height requirements, but can do everything else including Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise and the Safari (which is awesome). Everything at AK is included and they have a petting zoo type area with goats and such for more up close encounters.

My son at 21 mos, surprisingly, freaked out in enclosed places with cheering (so no shows for us), but was fine on all the rides even the dark ones and loved the fireworks and characters.

Every child is different, though, so don't be surprised if he is scared of something or other, or thrilled with seemingly boring things...DS wanted to go through the hedge maze in the UK part of Epcot several times.

my questions are--

mommy2, I want to make sure you understand the post before this one. When the poster mentions buying a park hopper ticket and having some left over for next time, understand that this is only accurate if you buy the 'no expiration' option. If you simply buy regular park hoppers (no matter how many days you buy), your ticket will expire 14 days after first usage, regardless of how many days you have used. There are sites where you can get 3 day hopper tickets for $277 for adults and $244 per child. This means your paying $92 per day per adult. The 10-day no expiration would cost you $453 for adults. This reduces your price to $45 per day. The long and short of it is that it is much cheaper, in the long run, to buy no-expiration tickets. However, this is only worthwhile if:
1) You can afford the cash up front
2) You KNOW you will be going back to WDW in the forseeable future (they never expire, but their worthless if you don't return)
3) You are responsible enough that you won't lose them

We are going in 2 weeks and bought 10 day no-expiration hoppers for the 4 days we'll spend there. We're headed back next December, so we know it's the right thing to do.

To your other questions, your 2 year-old will have a blast and kind ride just about everything you can. There are must-sees everywhere, but this is long enough without me launching into our list - I agree that you should start early in Fantasyland at MK.

You can get MNSSHP tickets through the Disney main line, but know that it is SEPARATE ticket from your other pass. We are going to MNSSHP on 10/2 and that ticket will give us access to MK at 4pm. Our plan is to rest, spend time at pools, and visit other things during the day and not 'waste' a paid day at the park that morning. This will allow our girls to be rested and enjoy the evening at the park.

My only other comment, having gone last summer with a 1 and 2 year-old, take your time, and be willing to go back to the hotel during the afternoon (unless your child will truly sleep in the stroller). The days are long, and they need the break.

OK, novel complete - have a blast!! :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

My suggestion since you are staying offsite...which is what we always do is:

Find out what park is doing EMH in the morning. Go to that park the next day and be at the gate when they open the door. You will be able to see so much more than getting there an hour later. Honestly, you can be through 10 rides by the time the rest of the people arrive.

We also liked doing a character lunch instead of breakfast. It was a nice break during the day, recharged the kids and got us out of the heat for a while. Works well if you don't have time to go all the way back to your resort.

Have a great time!

Just a quick note to add that you do not have to pay for admission for your 2 year old. Only visitors aged three and over pay to get in.

You should also know that Epcot is frequently billed as a two-day park. I have been to that park over thirty times and it still takes me more than a day to see everything I want. Your plan is great, but you will not be able to see and do everything. To really do that, I think you would need at least 10 days to two weeks, IMO.

Have a wonderful time!

yes..sorry..should have clarified the 'no expiration'!!!
I just think they are invaluable :)

AK is usually a short day but Epcot can take a full day to two days depending on the things you are interested in. I would plan ahead for EPCOT what you want to see the most so you can do that.

Personally with that schedule I would skip the hopper unless $$ is no object. The chances are you won't be hopping on MK days so really you're paying a LOT per ticket to hop for one day. I would either do one park per day and visit each of the 4 parks (only 1 day at MK) OR just skip one of the parks - the one the least 'fun' for a 2 year old (this varies with the child, but maybe AK - my kids only go on a very small handful of things here).

Also - with 2 character meals planned, that takes up a lot of time. So make sure to keep your 'must see' list small so that you can hit them all.

For the Halloween party - is your 2 year old a night owl? We've never done the special evening parties because our kids go to bed early and I think it's a lot of money to spend for us to only stay for 2 hours (or to stay longer but with really tired, cranky kids). But if you and dh will enjoy it and the 2 year old will sleep in a stroller - it might work out for you. It hasn't for us yet.

Oh - BTW I assumed that what you meant by '2 days disney' was 2 days in Magic Kingdom and not two days in the disney parks total. Sorry if this isn't correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter