Need some ideas for Xmas eve dinner for 3

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by ilovediznee, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ilovediznee

ilovediznee Always planning our next trip home to Disney!!! DVC Gold

DD has to sing at the 4pm family service and we will probably get home about 5:15-5:30. For Xmas eve it will just be the three of us - 17 the next day, BUT just us for Xmas eve. Anyone have any ideas? I've come up with:

-grill steaks and also get some lobster or crab legs
    -fondue
    -Outback to go

Any and all would be helpful - Thanks - Diane;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

We always have beef stew on Christmas Eve. I make it in the crockpot as soon as I get up and then I don't have to try and worry about getting things done between church and all- it is ready to go anytime we are ready for dinner. My husband is a pstor so we are at all the Christmas services so we need something like that.

4. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

Outback to go sounds great!!

5. FormrCastMbr

FormrCastMbr DIS Veteran

How about several appetizers? Shrimp Scampi with crusty bread, cheese plate or antipasto, fondue, etc and a dessert.

6. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

We always have a venison casserole - I made it yesterday and put it in the freezer, as it tastes better made in advance but takes quite a long time. This way I can also make sure we don't eat such a massive amount there's no room for a mince pie;) as I freeze enough for 4 in one pot and put the rest in single servings for another day.

before we did this we used to do a beef casserole in red wine - yummy. Anyhting that sits in a crockpot till you get in is good, but if you want something not a casserole you could make fajita filling and just fix them when you get home - slice chicken, peppers and onions into pot and add spices and 1/4 cup of water. 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 on low depending how fierce your pot is and how much is in there.

7. ilovediznee

ilovediznee Always planning our next trip home to Disney!!! DVC Gold

Well, we talked about it last night. I can get Lobster or Crab legs and filet at Aldi's and we've had them before. I'll get shrimp for DD (9).:thumbsup2