Need some help- Fantastic off site hotel\resort???

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Allie444, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Allie444

Allie444 Earning My Ears

First off these are our last vacations

Aulani- 8 nights ocean view- April 2013- incredible beyond belief
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level- 6 night November 2012- Just fantastic
    Boardwalk- 6 nights- April 2012- Just beautiful and loved the walk to Epcot
    Animal Kingdom and Caribbean Beach- 8 nights April 2010- didn't love Caribbean Beach and Loved Animal Kingdom Lodge

So now we are thinking about staying off site for the first 6 days in December. We still want upscale amenities, a terrific pool and close proximity to Disney, we are OK with renting a car. I love to treat my family to something really special and magical and am open to Wilderness Lodge Club Level. But at almost 600.00 a night want to explore my options. It is just my husband, myself and out son who is 8. Oh and my son loves to swim and hang out with other kids.....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

Have you looked into Gaylord Palms? It's pretty spectacular, with indoor atriums and whatnot, and their kids' pool gets good reviews. It's also quite close to WDW -- just the other side of I-4 on Osceola Parkway.

4. 4kids4karen

4kids4karen DIS Veteran

I second Gaylord Palms.

5. E-P-C-O-T

E-P-C-O-T DIS Veteran

And by going in December, they would have the gorgeous Christmas decorations, shows and the ICE exhibit.

Another vote for Gaylord Palms!

6. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Definitely Gaylord Palms for Christmas :thumbsup2 .

You can check out my December 2012 trip report here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415

for lots of pictures of ICE! , the atrium, and the various Christmas activities they offer (such as decorating cookies with Gingy the Gingerbread man). Skip to page 8 if you want to go right to the Gaylord Palms portion of the report.

They also have the Shrek Feast on certain days of the week, so your family could enjoy a fabulous buffet breakfast with Shrek, Fiona, and Puss In Boots. Its a great time!

Gaylord Palms also has a really, really nice waterpark area if Mother Nature blesses you with temperatures warm enough for swimming.

7. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

You might consider Windsor Hills or Formosa Gardens. Both are very nice and close to Disney.

I lobbied for a Christmas trip this year but was out-voted..:mad: