Need some advice on how to book our trip

cman

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some advice on how to book our trip to WDW next January.

Here's some info:

Checking in on 1/2/2011 and out on 1/9/2011. We're staying at BWV and trying to get a Grand Villa

We have enough points to book 1/2 - 1/6 on our own and then we're having friends of ours use their point to book 1/7 - 1/8.

I would like to have all the points in our account and be able to book the whole trip ourselves but our friends are booking the last two nights on borrowed points and as we all know borrowed points can't be transfered.

Here's what I'm worried about. I call and 2/2/2010 and get the villa. My friend can't call until 2/7/2010 to book the last two nights. I'm worried that having to wait the 5 days means that when they call one of the grand villas is not available.

I've asked MS if we could do a three way call on 2/2 and book all seven nights but they said no since the last 2 nights are from another members points so it's a completely new booking.

How do I play within the rules and have a better chance of guaranteeing the we get the villa for all 7 nights? Can I book the first night with points, use cash for the last two nights and then cancel the cash reservations once I know the last two nights are booked? I've never book with cash so I don't know if this even helps us at all.

Does any one know what the cash cost is for a grand villa on a Friday and Saturday nights.

Any creative ideas out their?

Thanks for the help

Why not transfer your points to your friend and make the reservation that way?

Thanks for the quick response!

I should have pointed out that half of the points we have for the first 5 nights are also being borrowed so we can't transfer to them either.

Can your friend book the first two nights and you walk your reservation for the other nights? I just learned about walking reservations on the forum today. It seems like your best bet.

Are both of you booking at 11 months? If so, I think you will be fine if you just book the 1st 5 nights and then your friends book the last 2 nights when the window opens.

1/7 & 1/8 are the more expensive Friday & Saturday nights. I think it is safe to wait until the window opens.

If you're really nervous and have enough points, Carolyn's suggestion makes sense. Let your friends book the first 2 or 3 nights. You book the first 5 and then walk the reservation (call the next day to cancel the first night and add a night to the end of the stay) until you have what you need. If you both get the first few, you won't have a problem getting that last weekend, but you'll have to see how the points work out.

So, let me see if I get this right. We both call on 2/2. They book 2 nights (1/2 - 1/3) and we book 5 nights (1/2 - 1/6).

Then on the 2/2 I call and cancel the 1/2 and add 1/7. On 2/3 I call and cancel 1/3 and add 1/8. At that point I'm done.

Is this correct?

So, let me see if I get this right. We both call on 2/2. They book 2 nights (1/2 - 1/3) and we book 5 nights (1/2 - 1/6).

Then on the 2/2 I call and cancel the 1/2 and add 1/7. On 2/3 I call and cancel 1/3 and add 1/8. At that point I'm done.

Is this correct?

Almost, but you have to keep 1/2 until 2/3. So, you call on 2/2 and book 1/2 to 1/6.

On 2/3, you call and add 1/7 and cancel 1/2 (so now you have 1/3 - 1/7). On 2/4, you call and add 1/8 and cancel 1/3 (so now you have 1/4 - 1/8).

Once done, you ask that your reservation be linked to your friends reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter