Need scal help asap!

wbh1964

Mouseketeer
My dd and I are trying to cut Reddy's file she so graciously designed for us...but we are about to throw both the pc and cricut out the window. I have never used SCAL and she has only cut cricut cartridge disney files.
We have had SCAL for awhile put I have another cutter that we usually use so we are in the dark with these cutting problems. I told her we could come here and you guys would help!
Here is what is happening.
We have the cricut hooked up via usb port.
We have the SVG file open on the pc
We hit the scissor icon and change to version 1.3
We get a message that saying checking mat or checking paper (can't remember exactly) and then nothing else happens.
She has cut 1 piece so we know it will work but she doesn't know what she did to cut the one base piece that she cut 45 mins ago. In the process she crashed the system because she kept trying and we lost the size that we had resized the file to so she is sooooooo FRUSTRATED!
Can anyone out there give us some advise?
THANK YOU!
WEndy and Lindsay

have you updated your cricut?? I'm wondering if that may be the problem PC is suppose to have an update so that SCAL doesn't work anymore

No...I had read that somewhere so I unhook my laptop from the internet when we hooked up the cricut today so it couldn't automatically update. I reinstalled SCAL and it cut 4 out of 5 colors...I had to reinstall SCAL each time...now that doesn't even work...and I haven't done anything any different from the other 4 colors of the gun. It just stops at checking mat....uggg! Been trying to cut this file for over 6 hours....Do you if SCAL has an official website?

I reloaded SCAL after each color that I cut...sometimes several times and I FINALLY cut every color. I am sooo frustrated but so thankful Reddy for your design! It looked GREAT when I finally finished with this crazy cutter...Working on LO and will post when I finish...
Just wanted to tell you that even though we have never met, I will smile each time I see this layout and appreciate you each time! Thank you again for taking your time to do it!
And if ANYONE has had this problem with their cricut and SCAL please post or PM me with the magic "fix"!
Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter