Need recommendations on DL restaurants please...

Cheshiregirl, someone on DIS just a few days ago had checked the current prices for all the character meals (I can't recall who it was), and at this moment in time, all the meals were now showing to be the same price as Goofy's. Goofy's, of course, is currently charging its off-peak season rates, and they MAY not raise them back up to peak season rates in summer, depending on how the economy goes (that is what Disneyland Dining told me - they are not sure how they will handle the usual price increase if the economy gets worse this year), but from what the DISboard member found the other day, all the character meals are currently the same price. That is actually how it used to be - quite a long while ago, the character meals were the same price as Goofy's - but Goofy's jumped ahead of the pack, probably because the buffet is bigger and because it has characters for breakfast and dinner.

In any case, I just wanted to point that out that at the moment, the other character meals are apparently not cheaper than Goofy's. They probably raised in price because they got more popular when people who didn't want to pay Goofy's rates defected to other character meals!!! It is a vicious cycle!!:rotfl2:

I just called to do some detective work of my own, as I had read that thread as well and the OP could not remember where they had gotten that information from.

Goofy's is currently $32.21 per adult and L&S is currently $27.52 per adult, so it is only a $5 difference right now. The last time we ate at L&S was Sept. and the price was $23 and change at that point in time. But, I stick by what I originally said in terms of for us being better interaction and food that was every bit as good as Goofy's for a significantly cheaper price, as when you are a group of 9 such as the OP, $5 a head adds up pretty quickly!

I just called to do some detective work of my own, as I had read that thread as well and the OP could not remember where they had gotten that information from.

Goofy's is currently $32.21 per adult and L&S is currently $27.52 per adult, so it is only a $5 difference right now. The last time we ate at L&S was Sept. and the price was $23 and change at that point in time. But, I stick by what I originally said in terms of for us being better interaction and food that was every bit as good as Goofy's for a significantly cheaper price, as when you are a group of 9 such as the OP, $5 a head adds up pretty quickly!

Yes, $4 and some change can add up very quickly with 9 people. That's where AAA or an AP comes in handy - discounts! When we last ate at Goofy's in December, I got lucky and used the Premium AP as well as some food vouchers I had and we each paid only $15!!! Now THAT was a good bargain! For me, I would still eat there at full price, peak season or off-peak season because it's my favorite DLR restaurant and it is worth it for me 100% due to the selection, variety and quality of the food, but it is definitely not worth it for everyone. That's for sure. I don't feel the Storytellers buffet price is worth it for ME at all, but other folks disagree. I do like the Storytellers lunch and dinner menu stuff, though! And I remember when Storytellers and Goofy's were exactly the same price for their buffets, which made no sense to me because Goofy's had so many more choices.

Anyway, thanks, Cheshiregirl, for doing the detective work!! I already knew about the $32.21 (not counting any AP discounts to be applied), but it is good to know the prices for the other ones since that other DIS'er said they were all the same price (I thought he or she saw it on the DLR website, but perthaps not!). Anyway, it sounds as though the other character meals raised a bit in price, and Goofy's is holding at its off-peak rate, so hopefully none of them will raise again in summer if the economy continues to plummet!

If you've done lunch at Cinderella's Castle at WDW then you woud understand the new Ariels Grotto menu. They bring out a 3teir tower with salads, meats, cheeses and relishes with several types of breads and spreads. You get a choice of entrees and then they bring a plate of mixed desserts. If you want more of anything on the tower or desserts they will bring them. DD is a cheese nut!!! The quality of the food was unbelievable!

Minnie's is probably our least favorite because the characters are so unorganized. It's hard to eat when kids are chasing them around trying to get autographs. The food is our family's least favorites of the character meals.

Of the breakfast foods- Lilos is the best. It has flautas and bananas foster french toast on the buffet. Or you can order from the menu. The menu is a great value. The eggs benedict are out of this world ( the same can be said for Storytellers but the menu prices are higher). Fun organized activities for the kids like hula lessons. It wasn't loud or crazy. We stayed at the Desert Inn and had 8:00 ps for a day when DCA opened at 10:00. So we took a cab over to PP since we would be walking alot that day.

We prefer Goofy's for dinner. It's easy to get to if you take the monorail from the park and back. You can have a glass of wine with the faboluos food. It was kind of loud when we went in November. We have found that dinner is usually a bit quieter as the lights are dimed a bit and folks are tired and not so wired to get to the park first thing.

For the record, DH does not care for buffets. He prefers his food to be brought to him after walking in the parks all day. DD7 prefers buffets because she like to put her own food on her plate! I just want EASY!!!!!

Character meals: Goofys Goofys Goofys!

Lol, imo that is the BEST Place to eat at disneyland (or in ca? or in the entire world? LOL!)

They have good food, and the menu changes quite often, but when I was there in May 08, this is what they had (keep in mind this is a few months ago and only what I can remember, lol)

Antipasta (SP?) salad
ceaser salad
garden salad
pasta salad
cucumber salad
potatoe salad
rolls
mixed veggies
ham
prime rib
salmon
spanish rice
cajun potatoes
garlic mashed potatoes
vegetarian gyoza
A veggie noodle stir fry thingy (LOL)
corn on the cob
pork chop things (I don't eat meat, so this is just what I remember my parents eating... lol, sorry for lack of details on that section)
Chicken breast things... (see above...)
popcorn shrimp
mickey chicken nuggets
micky-ronie and cheese
spaghetti w/ marinara
peanut butter pizza
cheese pizza
peperoni pizza
waffle fries
fresh fruit
soft serve icecream
brownies
"Worms and dirt"
cookies
cup cakes
apple strudel
peach strudel
bread pudding
Other desserts

And then there was lots more, I just cant remember... Lol.

Character meals: Goofys Goofys Goofys!

Lol, imo that is the BEST Place to eat at disneyland (or in ca? or in the entire world? LOL!)

Yay! Someone who agrees with me!:cool1: I don't know about the world yet, but Goofy's is definitely my favorite place to eat at DLR.:goodvibes I have not done their dinner in years. We always do the breakfast meal (which includes the bananas Foster crepes and the Mickey-shaped cobbler) because that's so good, but I may have to revisit the dinner soon. You are right - they have a ton of choices, and because it's an all-you-can-eat buffet-only restaurant, and you can get as much or as little as you want of whatever item you choose because you are putting it on your own plate. Not to mention the fact that the coffee is strong and the orange juice is tangy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter